UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

This is where the argument gets flawed. You think the team will only win 7 or 8 if a freshmen qb starts but believe they will win more with a veteren qb who isnt that good just because he is older. In either case you could be looking at the same record.

Wtf...i wish these analytical bums stfu about what some dam 100yr historical data is saying. You play the game on the field not in the history books. If Perry can grasp the playbook and undertstand the reads of the rpo then he should start over rosier/sheriffs. CRM will prepare him well to manage the game and not lose it. We started 3 LBs from game 1 last season and they managed well. I know the qb is a different animal but he will not be asked to carry the offense and will only face 2 strong defenses in fsu and vt. Stop being so freaking scared of something new and different and grow some balls for a change. The sample size that we have from rosiers so-called win over duke does not guarantee anything. He had every chance to win the job outright and he couldn't do it...that's fact. Play the man bc he's older sounds crazy and idiotic. You play the better player who is better prepared to lead the team to victory. The talent on this team will benefit Perry just as much as rosier/sheriffs. Ijs, if he wins the job PERRY SHOULD START GAME 1 and so on

Spoken like an armchair QB that has no idea the time it takes to "grasp the playbook and understand the reads of the RPO". I will help you out...it takes longer than 1 month.

Advertisement
Sherries or Rosier likely give us the best shot to beat FSU. So role with them and make a change mid season if needed.

Rosier scares me vs an opportunistic defense like that. You know they'll pressure him constantly.

Rosier's biggest criticism is how he tries to make miraculous plays, which lead to turnovers.

If he does that vs FSU, it'll get ugly quick.

Unless Perry is an absolute savant it's more likely that he'll **** himself on the road against FSU than Rosier. Even the great Ken Dorsey, several games into his true freshmans season, looked like Dawgshytfakecane's face when he was forced into action on the road against a good Vag Tech team.

A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Rick should and will start whoever wins the fall QB competition regardless of historical data, age, height, or weight.

Advertisement
Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

This is where the argument gets flawed. You think the team will only win 7 or 8 if a freshmen qb starts but believe they will win more with a veteren qb who isnt that good just because he is older. In either case you could be looking at the same record.

The argument has no flaws because the argument is couched in 100 years of college football history. You're just not getting it. This is about Perry and the overwhelming pile of historical data against him leading us to anything of consequence.

There's no such historical data against a 4th year junior QB (Rosier) with successful starting experience or even against a 2nd year QB (Shirreffs).

The reason there's no data against the others is because of the incredible significance of experience in a college system when it comes to the QB position.

There is also a lot of data that shows qbs who are not good usually dont win a lot of games.

In Rosier's only start he threw for 272 yards at 69% completion percentage, 2 TDs and 1 pick. 163.6 QBR...against P5 competition. This is the only actual game experience of any of the QBs in this competition. I will just leave this here for you to look at.

Im good. Duke also had one of the worst defenses in cfb. But lets throw that out the window.

I expect Rosier to be the starter vs FSU, we absolutely need to win that game if we really want to keep the #1 ranked class for 2018.

Also, it'll be huge for the momentum of the season, if we lose that game, it'll be another 8-4 season, we win & it's skies the limit.

I still would like for Perry to play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

Last edited:
I expect Rosier to be the starter vs FSU, we absolutely need to win that game if we really want to keep the #1 ranked class for 2018.

Also, it'll be huge for the momentum of the season, if we lose that game, it'll be another 8-4 season, we win & it's skies the limit.

I still would like to Perry play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

I agree with this.

Although whether Perry, Shirreffs or Weldon, etc, get most of the secondary snaps in the first two games depend on how they performed in the QB competition. Let's say, for example, that summer/fall practice doesn't go well for Perry, i.e., he doesn't pick up the offense in the short amount of time he has, then it might be one of the other guys that gets most of those snaps.

Right now, my mind is completely open as to anything that could happen within the quarterback competition. And I mean ANYTHING. Including the scenario I just put up above. It's all possible.

The argument has no flaws because the argument is couched in 100 years of college football history. You're just not getting it. This is about Perry and the overwhelming pile of historical data against him leading us to anything of consequence.

There's no such historical data against a 4th year junior QB (Rosier) with successful starting experience or even against a 2nd year QB (Shirreffs).

The reason there's no data against the others is because of the incredible significance of experience in a college system when it comes to the QB position.

There is also a lot of data that shows qbs who are not good usually dont win a lot of games.

In Rosier's only start he threw for 272 yards at 69% completion percentage, 2 TDs and 1 pick. 163.6 QBR...against P5 competition. This is the only actual game experience of any of the QBs in this competition. I will just leave this here for you to look at.

Im good. Duke also had one of the worst defenses in cfb. But lets throw that out the window.

Wrong again. They were better than middle of the pack in scoring defense that season. 47th out of 128. I like how you just tossed that out there to try and prove your point without having a ****** clue...right on par with your initial post.

Advertisement
still blows my mind evan went 39-4 TD to INT ratio in GA and won MVP at a GA all star game, and still didn't get a single P5 offer

how do you even do that?

Well tebow won 2 nattys and a heisman but everyone knew he wouldn't be a QB in the league. Not saying Evan is trash, his scouting report could be a possible reason. Same way Artur has no numbers but is still a somewhat lauded prospect.

Columbia and Virginia Military his only two other offers. Must be some reason for that.

That's real simple to explain. Anyone that knows Georgia football can attest to this and it's the same reason you laugh at some of these highly rated kids out of Georgia too. Georgia is just like the ncaa. You have p5 football that equals the southterm part of georgia. Than you have juco which is northern Georgia. It's literally night & day. In southern Georgia you got a bunch of blood thirsty savages. In North Georgia you got a bunch of lil unathletic inbred entitled kids who got no place on a p5 school. I dont know if that's what he came from as I never bothered to check but I'd imagine it probably is.

or as Dee Delaney showed sometimes recruiters focus too much on the P5 farm systems and miss raw talent right under their noses. Besides the Citadel, Presbyterian College was his only other committable offer.

Not saying Sheriffs is one but just saying.

True indeed. There's always gonna be exceptions to the rule. Just because they're competition wasn't the best doesn't mean they can't continue to grow & excell in spite of it.

Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

But the point against this all along has been we can't expect any more out of rosier or sheriff's chise. Our ceiling is 7 or 8 not because of history with other people in the same instance but because THEY physically suck booty. In Perry's case he can be the exception (or weldon) because of our defense our running game & this joke of a schedule. I would atleast rather give them the experience of live action so they will be better prepared for challenges moving forward. Don't be surprised if Perry takes a few games to get the job either. If that's the case it'll be week 4 after fspew

If Rick picks Rosier or Shirreffs over Perry, then I'll expect more out of them than Perry. If he's forced to go with Perry because those two are as bad as you say they are, then we can expect about an 8 win season.

I'm one of the minority who thinks Rosier can actually have a decent season with proper coaching and playcalling. He looked **** good 2 years ago on the road with horrible coaching against a team that was favored to beat us. He should be better 2 years later with good coaches. ****, the Rosier who played against Duke 2 years ago is good enough to win 10 games with this defense and the talent around him.

I don't know enough about Shirreffs to comment on him.

Advertisement
Well tebow won 2 nattys and a heisman but everyone knew he wouldn't be a QB in the league. Not saying Evan is trash, his scouting report could be a possible reason. Same way Artur has no numbers but is still a somewhat lauded prospect.

Columbia and Virginia Military his only two other offers. Must be some reason for that.

That's real simple to explain. Anyone that knows Georgia football can attest to this and it's the same reason you laugh at some of these highly rated kids out of Georgia too. Georgia is just like the ncaa. You have p5 football that equals the southterm part of georgia. Than you have juco which is northern Georgia. It's literally night & day. In southern Georgia you got a bunch of blood thirsty savages. In North Georgia you got a bunch of lil unathletic inbred entitled kids who got no place on a p5 school. I dont know if that's what he came from as I never bothered to check but I'd imagine it probably is.

or as Dee Delaney showed sometimes recruiters focus too much on the P5 farm systems and miss raw talent right under their noses. Besides the Citadel, Presbyterian College was his only other committable offer.

True indeed. There's always gonna be exceptions to the rule. Just because they're competition wasn't the best doesn't mean they can't continue to grow & excell in spite of it.

Yep. Rick didn't want Herndon either. And Herndon's better than any TE he signed on UGA's roster.

A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Do you think if perry starts at QB we are gonna have the same amount of pass protection issues that we had with Kaaya this past season? I looked up your stat and it is true many mobile qbs have taken a a lot of sacks but for some reason I remain convinced Kaaya was extrmely sack prone due to his own limitations maybe it was a mental issue more than physical but I think we see an improvement in that area

I don't give a ***** who starts. I would like to see Perry in there to see what he can do. We will get mistakes with whoever is going to be in the game. With our defense we need to go with the guy that will make the least amount of mistakes. ****, I would take a rotation of 4 QB's against the Noles if we can win it that way. We just need to trust the coaches and embrace the decision. With our talent at RB and WR all the QB needs to do is hand it off or throw 10 yard passes and let the playmakers do their thing. Don't expect a high octane vertical passing game this year unless Perry is the goods. Remember, games are won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The OL needs to step up big time for us to beat FSU.

Advertisement
Talent has to trump experience at some point.

Rosier and Shirreffs should not be on scholarship to play QB at the University of Miami.

Yep. Rick didn't want Herndon either. And Herndon's better than any TE he signed on UGA's roster.

But that's not why he didn't want Herndon. He's always been about very proto typical tight ends. Maybe Orson Charles being the most versatile. Herndon was very tall & skinny in high school. Also didn't really show the ability to block. Personally I've always liked Herndon but I'd love to see us look for match up problems more often especially by moving him outside.

Rosier will start until Perrys ready. I hope that he improves and protects the ball. He is a real run threat too. I remember him breaking a big run in garbage time vs someone. Maybe WVU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back