UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
still blows my mind evan went 39-4 TD to INT ratio in GA and won MVP at a GA all star game, and still didn't get a single P5 offer

how do you even do that?

Well tebow won 2 nattys and a heisman but everyone knew he wouldn't be a QB in the league. Not saying Evan is trash, his scouting report could be a possible reason. Same way Artur has no numbers but is still a somewhat lauded prospect.

Columbia and Virginia Military his only two other offers. Must be some reason for that.

Advertisement
Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

But the point against this all along has been we can't expect any more out of rosier or sheriff's chise. Our ceiling is 7 or 8 not because of history with other people in the same instance but because THEY physically suck booty. In Perry's case he can be the exception (or weldon) because of our defense our running game & this joke of a schedule. I would atleast rather give them the experience of live action so they will be better prepared for challenges moving forward. Don't be surprised if Perry takes a few games to get the job either. If that's the case it'll be week 4 after fspew

N'Kosi Perry is better than Kaaya right now as a true freshman... i'd rather risk losing 3 games with him and get it over with then definitely lose 3 or more games with Kaaya with a team that has no business not winning the Coastal with a "veteran NFL caliber QB"

N'Kosi Perry is better than Kaaya right now as a true freshman... i'd rather risk losing 3 games with him and get it over with then definitely lose 3 or more games with Kaaya with a team that has no business not winning the Coastal with a "veteran NFL caliber QB"

Yeah, no. Kayaa is far from HOFer, but this team wins 10 with him this year.

Your statement about Perry, despite never taken a snap, is better than Kayaa doesn't even warrant a response.

:kobe:

Advertisement

Your statement about Perry, despite never taken a snap, is better than Kayaa doesn't even warrant a response.

Kaaya is far from an NFL level QB, we dont even have to bring up HOFer.... this idea that we would win 10 wins with him this year is more far-fetched than the idea that N'Kosi Perry could win the ACC Coastal for us this year.

still blows my mind evan went 39-4 TD to INT ratio in GA and won MVP at a GA all star game, and still didn't get a single P5 offer

how do you even do that?

Well tebow won 2 nattys and a heisman but everyone knew he wouldn't be a QB in the league. Not saying Evan is trash, his scouting report could be a possible reason. Same way Artur has no numbers but is still a somewhat lauded prospect.

Columbia and Virginia Military his only two other offers. Must be some reason for that.

That's real simple to explain. Anyone that knows Georgia football can attest to this and it's the same reason you laugh at some of these highly rated kids out of Georgia too. Georgia is just like the ncaa. You have p5 football that equals the southterm part of georgia. Than you have juco which is northern Georgia. It's literally night & day. In southern Georgia you got a bunch of blood thirsty savages. In North Georgia you got a bunch of lil unathletic inbred entitled kids who got no place on a p5 school. I dont know if that's what he came from as I never bothered to check but I'd imagine it probably is.

A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Kaaya is far from an NFL level QB, we dont even have to bring up HOFer.... this idea that we would win 10 wins with him this year is more far-fetched than the idea that N'Kosi Perry could win the ACC Coastal for us this year.

I'm confused. Why is it far fetched to say we would win ten games with kaaya this year? It's very likely we win atleast 11 if we had kaaya this year. This schedule is almost tailor made for our situation. #1 florida state is technically our only understandable loss this year & thats not a given. Past that the only questionable one is notre dame & they have the same dillema we have with a far worse team overall. #2 every team we play this year except fspew is breaking in a new qb too. Nc,vt,Gt,pitt... Syracuse may be one of our tougher games and no one is even considering them. We have a leg up on all of our conference opponents besides fspew because we have a nationally dominant defense & a strong running game. All we need out of the qb position this year except in sporadic moments is Trent dilfer (pardon the pun).

Advertisement
A true freshman QB with Doormatt protecting his blind side and Linder snapping him the ball. What possibly could go wrong here?

The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Lamar jackson was sacked 46 times. Francois was sacked 36 times. Doesnt matter how good you run the o-line has to block.

Rosier threw at least 2 picks in every single scrimmage this Spring and ya'll are comfortable with him as the starter? lol

Those of us uncomfortable with Perry as the starter are uncomfortable because of the overwhelming historical data against him. If you're happy winning 7 or 8 games this year, then, by all means, hope that Perry wins the job.

Why should we expect Perry to do something that's never been done? Just because we're UM fans?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to hope that a veteran who started and beat a ranked team and is in his 4th year in college football can be a serviceable distributor and manager and get us 10 wins and a Coastal? That sort of thing has been done over and over and over in the history of college football.

This is where the argument gets flawed. You think the team will only win 7 or 8 if a freshmen qb starts but believe they will win more with a veteren qb who isnt that good just because he is older. In either case you could be looking at the same record.

Wtf...i wish these analytical bums stfu about what some dam 100yr historical data is saying. You play the game on the field not in the history books. If Perry can grasp the playbook and undertstand the reads of the rpo then he should start over rosier/sheriffs. CRM will prepare him well to manage the game and not lose it. We started 3 LBs from game 1 last season and they managed well. I know the qb is a different animal but he will not be asked to carry the offense and will only face 2 strong defenses in fsu and vt. Stop being so freaking scared of something new and different and grow some balls for a change. The sample size that we have from rosiers so-called win over duke does not guarantee anything. He had every chance to win the job outright and he couldn't do it...that's fact. Play the man bc he's older sounds crazy and idiotic. You play the better player who is better prepared to lead the team to victory. The talent on this team will benefit Perry just as much as rosier/sheriffs. Ijs, if he wins the job PERRY SHOULD START GAME 1 and so on

Worst poster on the board.

Let's just say what you say is true. That is, Perry is better than Kaaya as a true freshman. If we lose 3 games, our issue is bigger than Perry. Our issues are Richt/his offensive scheme and his staff. You might want to look at Kaaya's Freshman stats.

I will await your response.

Advertisement
keep tellin yall this our qb rt here man

Keep praying DW...you are reaching here. Kid hasn't taken a single college football snap and you guys are anointing him. If you are right...good on you, but at this point its just a fantasy that you are praying comes to fruition.

Anyone have any idea how often Perry was sacked in high school? I know he's mobile, but did he throw the ball away to avoid a sack? I've never seen anything but the highlights, but a lot of mobile QB's in high school are athletic enough to make plays against a high school defense, holding onto the ball longer than they can when they have college DL and LB's chasing them.

So it will come down to what's between his ears. He's not a true running QB, but the mobility should help him extend plays, to a point. After that, it will come down to his decision making.

how do you even do that?

That's real simple to explain. Anyone that knows Georgia football can attest to this and it's the same reason you laugh at some of these highly rated kids out of Georgia too. Georgia is just like the ncaa. You have p5 football that equals the southterm part of georgia. Than you have juco which is northern Georgia. It's literally night & day. In southern Georgia you got a bunch of blood thirsty savages. In North Georgia you got a bunch of lil unathletic inbred entitled kids who got no place on a p5 school. I dont know if that's what he came from as I never bothered to check but I'd imagine it probably is.

or as Dee Delaney showed sometimes recruiters focus too much on the P5 farm systems and miss raw talent right under their noses. Besides the Citadel, Presbyterian College was his only other committable offer.

Not saying Sheriffs is one but just saying.

Advertisement
Anyone have any idea how often Perry was sacked in high school? I know he's mobile, but did he throw the ball away to avoid a sack? I've never seen anything but the highlights, but a lot of mobile QB's in high school are athletic enough to make plays against a high school defense, holding onto the ball longer than they can when they have college DL and LB's chasing them.

So it will come down to what's between his ears. He's not a true running QB, but the mobility should help him extend plays, to a point. After that, it will come down to his decision making.

Good point, and just one of the many things that is a question mark about how he will respond to the college game. In any event, feeling the rush, and adjusting to the college game is something that takes time and experience. Something which he has none of. Especially since he is not an early enrollee.

how do you even do that?

Tebow was ON two NC teams. His was the starter on ONE of those NCs teams.

This is where the argument gets flawed. You think the team will only win 7 or 8 if a freshmen qb starts but believe they will win more with a veteren qb who isnt that good just because he is older. In either case you could be looking at the same record.

The argument has no flaws because the argument is couched in 100 years of college football history. You're just not getting it. This is about Perry and the overwhelming pile of historical data against him leading us to anything of consequence.

There's no such historical data against a 4th year junior QB (Rosier) with successful starting experience or even against a 2nd year QB (Shirreffs).

The reason there's no data against the others is because of the incredible significance of experience in a college system when it comes to the QB position.

There is also a lot of data that shows qbs who are not good usually dont win a lot of games.

In Rosier's only start he threw for 272 yards at 69% completion percentage, 2 TDs and 1 pick. 163.6 QBR...against P5 competition. This is the only actual game experience of any of the QBs in this competition. I will just leave this here for you to look at.

Krazy I love ya man but you are IN****INGSANE with that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back