UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Rosier to be the starter vs FSU, we absolutely need to win that game if we really want to keep the #1 ranked class for 2018.

Also, it'll be huge for the momentum of the season, if we lose that game, it'll be another 8-4 season, we win & it's skies the limit.

I still would like to Perry play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

I agree with this.

Although whether Perry, Shirreffs or Weldon, etc, get most of the secondary snaps in the first two games depend on how they performed in the QB competition. Let's say, for example, that summer/fall practice doesn't go well for Perry, i.e., he doesn't pick up the offense in the short amount of time he has, then it might be one of the other guys that gets most of those snaps.

Right now, my mind is completely open as to anything that could happen within the quarterback competition. And I mean ANYTHING. Including the scenario I just put up above. It's all possible.

Perry should have a grasp of the offense by time the season comes. He has had the playbook since february.

Advertisement
Rosier will start until Perrys ready. I hope that he improves and protects the ball. He is a real run threat too. I remember him breaking a big run in garbage time vs someone. Maybe WVU?

Duke.

Last edited:
The thing about that is this 1st things first Linder ain't playing this year I'm telling you darling Donaldson and gauthier are gonna keep him off the field and as far as McDermott he isn't going to playing along the interior part of the line where he struggled he will play LT where he played quite well towards the end of the last season. Offensive line looked worse than it was because of kaaya and his limitations which in turn really made it hard for the oline. Perry's mobility is going to help ALOT plus the line it's self wil be better all of which will help tremendously

Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Do you think if perry starts at QB we are gonna have the same amount of pass protection issues that we had with Kaaya this past season? I looked up your stat and it is true many mobile qbs have taken a a lot of sacks but for some reason I remain convinced Kaaya was extrmely sack prone due to his own limitations maybe it was a mental issue more than physical but I think we see an improvement in that area

Kaaya had absolutely no ability to shuffle around in the pocket and seemed to panic quickly. You don't have to be "mobile" to make small effective movements to buy an extra millisecond. Avoiding sacks is more about feel and processing information under duress than it is about mobility.

Talent has to trump experience at some point.

Rosier and Shirreffs should not be on scholarship to play QB at the University of Miami.

That point might take longer than a month of practice. "Talent" isn't everything at QB. Rosier has enough arm and leg talent to win 10 games this year. Perry has way more talent, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

Advertisement
I expect Rosier to be the starter vs FSU, we absolutely need to win that game if we really want to keep the #1 ranked class for 2018.

Also, it'll be huge for the momentum of the season, if we lose that game, it'll be another 8-4 season, we win & it's skies the limit.

I still would like to Perry play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

I agree with this.

Although whether Perry, Shirreffs or Weldon, etc, get most of the secondary snaps in the first two games depend on how they performed in the QB competition. Let's say, for example, that summer/fall practice doesn't go well for Perry, i.e., he doesn't pick up the offense in the short amount of time he has, then it might be one of the other guys that gets most of those snaps.

Right now, my mind is completely open as to anything that could happen within the quarterback competition. And I mean ANYTHING. Including the scenario I just put up above. It's all possible.

Perry should have a grasp of the offense by time the season comes. He has had the playbook since february.

That's like saying I can land a 747 in a rain storm because I've read the manual. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, but reading a playbook in your bedroom isn't enough to prepare you to lead a team to domination in Doak Campbell.

Talent has to trump experience at some point.

Rosier and Shirreffs should not be on scholarship to play QB at the University of Miami.

That point might take longer than a month of practice. "Talent" isn't everything at QB. Rosier has enough arm and leg talent to win 10 games this year. Perry has way more talent, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

Apparenty rosier still doesnt know what he is doing.

I agree with this.

That's like saying I can land a 747 in a rain storm because I've read the manual. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, but reading a playbook in your bedroom isn't enough to prepare you to lead a team to domination in Doak Campbell.

Rosier or sheriffs aint dominating them. These dudes must have transformed since spring ball.

Advertisement
Kaaya's limitations cause the oline to look worse than it was...I'm calling bull**** on that statement. They also couldn't run block. I do believe they will be better this year, but it wont be bc of McDoormat's play. He's a senior and his credits for his collegiate career are for 5 games against Duke, Va, NC ST, Pitt, and WV. Wow

Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Do you think if perry starts at QB we are gonna have the same amount of pass protection issues that we had with Kaaya this past season? I looked up your stat and it is true many mobile qbs have taken a a lot of sacks but for some reason I remain convinced Kaaya was extrmely sack prone due to his own limitations maybe it was a mental issue more than physical but I think we see an improvement in that area

Kaaya had absolutely no ability to shuffle around in the pocket and seemed to panic quickly. You don't have to be "mobile" to make small effective movements to buy an extra millisecond. Avoiding sacks is more about feel and processing information under duress than it is about mobility.

this.

one of the biggest adjustments young QB's need to learn, and this is true when jumping from any level: HS to college, college to pro .... you don't "scramble" or run from pocket pressure, you "slide" from pocket pressure. BIG difference. It's why so many mobile QB's get sacked. They run into the rush lanes.

I still would like for Perry to play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

agree with everything you say, except, I expect shirreffs to be the starter vs. FSU.

Richards and shaq today on perry.

• Quarterback N’Kosi Perry, who arrived on UM’s campus about three weeks ago, continues to get positive early reviews.

Richards said Perry throws “a really tight spiral. He’s confident back there. He’s making reads – looking through his progressions more. He’s getting more comfortable.”

“He’s getting acclimated quite well to the college speed,” Quarterman said. “There’s no pads yet. He’s looking good. From watching him from the sidelines, he’s looking good.”

I can throw a spiral that's tight AF, maybe I should get over to Greentree, I might be the starter by the FSU game.

Advertisement
Richards and shaq today on perry.

• Quarterback N’Kosi Perry, who arrived on UM’s campus about three weeks ago, continues to get positive early reviews.

Richards said Perry throws “a really tight spiral. He’s confident back there. He’s making reads – looking through his progressions more. He’s getting more comfortable.”

“He’s getting acclimated quite well to the college speed,” Quarterman said. “There’s no pads yet. He’s looking good. From watching him from the sidelines, he’s looking good.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brad Kaaya

Evidently the other QBs don't throw tight spirals or he wouldn't notice. Sounds like he's doing well

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry is better than Kaaya right now as a true freshman... i'd rather risk losing 3 games with him and get it over with then definitely lose 3 or more games with Kaaya with a team that has no business not winning the Coastal with a "veteran NFL caliber QB"

Let's just say what you say is true. That is, Perry is better than Kaaya as a true freshman. If we lose 3 games, our issue is bigger than Perry. Our issues are Richt/his offensive scheme and his staff. You might want to look at Kaaya's Freshman stats.

I will await your response.

Kaaya's freshman stats were nothing special

N'Kosi Perry is better than Kaaya right now as a true freshman... i'd rather risk losing 3 games with him and get it over with then definitely lose 3 or more games with Kaaya with a team that has no business not winning the Coastal with a "veteran NFL caliber QB"

Let's just say what you say is true. That is, Perry is better than Kaaya as a true freshman. If we lose 3 games, our issue is bigger than Perry. Our issues are Richt/his offensive scheme and his staff. You might want to look at Kaaya's Freshman stats.

3k yards and 27tds for a true freshmen qb is big time numbers.

3k yards and 27tds for a true freshmen qb is big time numbers.

easy wins, still killed drives when we needed him to make plays.... he lost games that Jacory Harris wouldve won as a true freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back