UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Its common knowledge a mobile QB will take less sacks than someone with the mobility of Kaaya. The run blocking is an issue and one i have also brought up but with Donaldson coming in and Gauthier playing the whole season as a starter your going to see improvements in that area for sure. If you think Perry would have taken half the sacks Kaaya did you are sadly mistaken.

Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Do you think if perry starts at QB we are gonna have the same amount of pass protection issues that we had with Kaaya this past season? I looked up your stat and it is true many mobile qbs have taken a a lot of sacks but for some reason I remain convinced Kaaya was extrmely sack prone due to his own limitations maybe it was a mental issue more than physical but I think we see an improvement in that area

Kaaya had absolutely no ability to shuffle around in the pocket and seemed to panic quickly. You don't have to be "mobile" to make small effective movements to buy an extra millisecond. Avoiding sacks is more about feel and processing information under duress than it is about mobility.

this.

one of the biggest adjustments young QB's need to learn, and this is true when jumping from any level: HS to college, college to pro .... you don't "scramble" or run from pocket pressure, you "slide" from pocket pressure. BIG difference. It's why so many mobile QB's get sacked. They run into the rush lanes.

What are your opinions about the RPO with a much more mobile quarterback in terms of keeping the defense honest and preventing them from pinning there ears back and just attacking the pocket with an all out pass rush.

I expect Rosier to be the starter vs FSU, we absolutely need to win that game if we really want to keep the #1 ranked class for 2018.

Also, it'll be huge for the momentum of the season, if we lose that game, it'll be another 8-4 season, we win & it's skies the limit.

I still would like to Perry play the 2nd half vs Bethune & Ark St even if he's not going to be the starter, it would be good to get him those live game reps.

I agree with this.

Although whether Perry, Shirreffs or Weldon, etc, get most of the secondary snaps in the first two games depend on how they performed in the QB competition. Let's say, for example, that summer/fall practice doesn't go well for Perry, i.e., he doesn't pick up the offense in the short amount of time he has, then it might be one of the other guys that gets most of those snaps.

Right now, my mind is completely open as to anything that could happen within the quarterback competition. And I mean ANYTHING. Including the scenario I just put up above. It's all possible.

Perry should have a grasp of the offense by time the season comes. He has had the playbook since february.

That's like saying I can land a 747 in a rain storm because I've read the manual. Maybe he can, maybe he can't, but reading a playbook in your bedroom isn't enough to prepare you to lead a team to domination in Doak Campbell.

Unless you are currently a pilot, who at minimum, has flown a plane half your life (even if its just a crop duster), your point has no merit.

Last edited:
May the best player win in this QB race. IMO Perry is our best option. May as well throw him in and let him get his feet wet in the 1st two games. Rosier is the only QB on the roster with in game experience but Im so sick of guys talking about his win against Duke. Its Duke... Stop acting like he beat somebody noteworthy smh. We should've lost that game too. Remember it wasnt a game winning TD pass from Rosier that won us that game. It was the controversial KR by Corn Elder.

May the best player win in this QB race. IMO Perry is our best option. May as well throw him in and let him get his feet wet in the 1st two games. Rosier is the only QB on the roster with in game experience but Im so sick of guys talking about his win against Duke. Its Duke... Stop acting like he beat somebody noteworthy smh. We should've lost that game too. Remember it wasnt a game winning TD pass from Rosier that won us that game. It was the controversial KR by Corn Elder.

Congratulations on a really shītty first post.

No matter who you want at QB, or who ends up at QB, we don't win that game without Rosier's very good performance.

And a big fūck you for the "controversial KR" bullshīt - only an non-cane fakkit would mention that without throwing in the absolutely home-cooked shīt officiating with numerous bogus PI calls, and a phantom TD awarded to Duke.

Better to talk about the positives points that you can think up for Perry to start than taking a dump on an exciting win we deserved anyway.

You're off to a really bad start.

Advertisement
I dont have to prove my love for the Canes to you or anyone else. Im entitled to my opinion just as you are. I know there was poor officiating all game but Im so tired of people hanging their hats on Rosier because he had one game of experience against "Duke". Regardless what u think of my post I stand by anything I say and if I later realize I was wrong I'll admit it.

I dont have to prove my love for the Canes to you or anyone else. Im entitled to my opinion just as you are. I know there was poor officiating all game but Im so tired of people hanging their hats on Rosier because he had one game of experience against "Duke". Regardless what u think of my post I stand by anything I say and if I later realize I was wrong I'll admit it.

If Rosier can perform well against Duke, two years ago, which im sure he is a better qb than he was then... it's safe to "assume" he wont have a problem being able to beat teams like Bethune, Arkansas St, Toledo, Duke, GT, Syracuse, UNC, UVa, and Pitt that make up 98% of our weak *** schedule this year. It's not that deep. You dont need to be a special QB to beat FSU either.

Last edited:
Richards and shaq today on perry.

• Quarterback N’Kosi Perry, who arrived on UM’s campus about three weeks ago, continues to get positive early reviews.

Richards said Perry throws “a really tight spiral. He’s confident back there. He’s making reads – looking through his progressions more. He’s getting more comfortable.”

“He’s getting acclimated quite well to the college speed,” Quarterman said. “There’s no pads yet. He’s looking good. From watching him from the sidelines, he’s looking good.”

He throws tight spirals and is confident in gym shorts. Starter.

• Quarterback N’Kosi Perry, who arrived on UM’s campus about three weeks ago, continues to get positive early reviews.

Richards said Perry throws “a really tight spiral. He’s confident back there. He’s making reads – looking through his progressions more. He’s getting more comfortable.”

“He’s getting acclimated quite well to the college speed,” Quarterman said. “There’s no pads yet. He’s looking good. From watching him from the sidelines, he’s looking good.”

Not to mention he's getting more comfortable. Imagine if he keeps getting more more comfortable.

Advertisement

Evidently he is tired of rosier throwing the ball to maleek young and tired of waiting on sheriffs ducks to get to him.

252 is so desperate he's reading generic good guy statements as absolute affirmation that Perry is going to be the starter.

Just a smattering of intellect and common sense will tell you those comments mean nothing more than what they say, that he's comfortable throwing pretty spirals in shorts.

252 is so desperate he's reading generic good guy statements as absolute affirmation that Perry is going to be the starter.

Just a smattering of intellect and common sense will tell you those comments mean nothing more than what they say, that he's comfortable throwing pretty spirals in shorts.

Nah. Yall are desperately hoping the dude sucks so your sorry *** experinced qbs can play. Its funny that nobody is talking up those two dudes.

Evidently he is tired of rosier throwing the ball to maleek young and tired of waiting on sheriffs ducks to get to him.

Clearly that's the only reading of that innocuous quote.

Advertisement

Nah. Yall are desperately hoping the dude sucks so your sorry *** experinced qbs can play. Its funny that nobody is talking up those two dudes.

Maybe because there are no sycophantic ****** reporters asking about Rosier or Shirreffs. I doubt that Richards sought out the reporter to volunteer the report on Perry.

The local retards are intent on building Perry into a legend before he participates in a single practice. Then, when he doesn't win the Heisman right away, or God forbid, he struggles and isn't the starter right away, then the morons can start tearing him down.

Maybe because there are no sycophantic ****** reporters asking about Rosier or Shirreffs. I doubt that Richards sought out the reporter to volunteer the report on Perry.

The local retards are intent on building Perry into a legend before he participates in a single practice. Then, when he doesn't win the Heisman right away, or God forbid, he struggles and isn't the starter right away, then the morons can start tearing him down.

im sure you will be one of the 1st ones

You're a dumbfūck for saying that. Nothing would please me more than to see Perry tear it up, and lead us to a big 10-11-12 win season. Nothing. I really like him, and his attitude, but even more, I like his arm talent, maneuverability and overall potential. I say this with all sincerity.

But unlike you, I'm intelligent enough to realize that it is a nearly impossible task for him to have the kind of season that will not be disappointing because he is a late enrolling, true freshman QB, that will be asked to read defenses and use his arm a lot more than someone like Jalen Hurts, an RB automaton masquerading as a QB.

As a matter of fact, some of you mopes would throw this kid in before he was ready, and that could easily ruin his *** forever, it's happened many times before.

So spare me the "you hate him" bullshīt and try to use what little intelligence you have to understand I want what's best for the team and him.

Advertisement
Nope. It's actual reality that of the top 20 highest sack seasons for NFL QBs the majority of them are "mobile." There's way more, aside from mobility or just instantly blaming the OL like most dummies do, that goes into whether or not a QB takes a lot of sacks.

The ability to go through reads quickly and process information quickly with bullets flying, is far more important when it comes to taking sacks than mobility is.

Do you think if perry starts at QB we are gonna have the same amount of pass protection issues that we had with Kaaya this past season? I looked up your stat and it is true many mobile qbs have taken a a lot of sacks but for some reason I remain convinced Kaaya was extrmely sack prone due to his own limitations maybe it was a mental issue more than physical but I think we see an improvement in that area

Kaaya had absolutely no ability to shuffle around in the pocket and seemed to panic quickly. You don't have to be "mobile" to make small effective movements to buy an extra millisecond. Avoiding sacks is more about feel and processing information under duress than it is about mobility.

this.

one of the biggest adjustments young QB's need to learn, and this is true when jumping from any level: HS to college, college to pro .... you don't "scramble" or run from pocket pressure, you "slide" from pocket pressure. BIG difference. It's why so many mobile QB's get sacked. They run into the rush lanes.

What are your opinions about the RPO with a much more mobile quarterback in terms of keeping the defense honest and preventing them from pinning there ears back and just attacking the pocket with an all out pass rush.

I'm "meh" on RPO when it's the QB pulling it down, since I believe run production is primarily driven from the guys who carry the ball, i.e., "running backs". Hence, I like it better when it's off run action from the 1 spot.

If he can run the passing game like a champ? Then for an RPO to be effective from the QB spot, the QB needs to be athletic enough to simply hold the midline read and move the chains. Anything else is gravy.

Clearly that's the only reading of that innocuous quote.

That's football speak for: "everyone at this level looks good in their underwear, so let's chill them moth$%#uckers out"

You're a dumbfūck for saying that. Nothing would please me more than to see Perry tear it up, and lead us to a big 10-11-12 win season. Nothing. I really like him, and his attitude, but even more, I like his arm talent, maneuverability and overall potential. I say this with all sincerity.

But unlike you, I'm intelligent enough to realize that it is a nearly impossible task for him to have the kind of season that will not be disappointing because he is a late enrolling, true freshman QB, that will be asked to read defenses and use his arm a lot more than someone like Jalen Hurts, an RB automaton masquerading as a QB.

As a matter of fact, some of you mopes would throw this kid in before he was ready, and that could easily ruin his *** forever, it's happened many times before.

So spare me the "you hate him" bullshīt and try to use what little intelligence you have to understand I want what's best for the team and him.

I dont give a **** if you hate him or not. You dont want to win. If you seriously believe that just because rosier and sheriffs are older that will lead to good play at the position you are out of your mind.

So dont challenge anybodys intelligence when you constantly say that dumb ****. There are plent of sorry *** experinced qbs in cfb and the nfl. Experince means **** if you cant physically do whats needed. **** out of here smart guy.

If Sherif, and Rosier are train wrecks, I say start Perry after F$u and bring him along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back