UM's Perry "Looks Like a Natural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can't read anything into this article. What do we expect Perry's new teammates to say? That he stinks?

No but everyone from the coaching staff to the players have done nothing but praised N'Kosi Perry to this point.

The players were not sold on Brad Kaaya at all no matter how much Al Golden and James Coley hyped him going into his freshman year. Duke Johnson didnt vouch for Kaaya at all. The players on the team today don't have to say anything about him so the fact that they're and it's positive is a good sign.

Can't read anything into this article. What do we expect Perry's new teammates to say? That he stinks?

No but everyone from the coaching staff to the players have done nothing but praised N'Kosi Perry to this point.

The players were not sold on Brad Kaaya at all no matter how much Al Golden and James Coley hyped him going into his freshman year. Duke Johnson didnt vouch for Kaaya at all. The players on the team today don't have to say anything about him so the fact that they're and it's positive is a good sign.

That's a lie about players not liking kaaya especially the 2016 team

Greentree AA!

And I remember when the players came out and ripped their teammates to the media...wait what??

Advertisement
Rosier is going to begin the season as the starter. I have no idea if he'll end the season as such, but I'd be shocked if it played out any other way.

I disagree just because Richt, like most coaches, seems to prefer more risk averse QB's over the high risk high reward guy. You can see it in the way he runs the O. In the same way choc can't see the field because he can't get his pads low as a RB after 4 **** years, Rosier won't see the field because he turns it over too much.

And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

Kaaya made it clear pretty early that he could win the job. I think the same thing will happen with Perry. If he is what they have hyped him to be, it should be clear pretty quickly, like it was with Kaaya.

Williams getting injured also helped.

Rosier is going to begin the season as the starter. I have no idea if he'll end the season as such, but I'd be shocked if it played out any other way.

I disagree just because Richt, like most coaches, seems to prefer more risk averse QB's over the high risk high reward guy. You can see it in the way he runs the O. In the same way choc can't see the field because he can't get his pads low as a RB after 4 **** years, Rosier won't see the field because he turns it over too much.

And I disagree because I have serious doubts that Richt is going to want to roll into FSU in only the third game of the season with a true freshman right out of high school.

History doesn't paint a pretty picture of true freshman QB's. Even guys who bucked the trend like Manziel were REDSHIRT freshman. It's unfair and unrealistic to expect Perry to set the world on fire the second he comes on campus. There is going to be an adjustment period.

I wasn't arguing for perry winning the job, just the less mistake prone QB in sheriffs. The knock on him seems to be his arm strength.

The problem with Shirreffs is a lack of arm strength and inconsistent accuracy. If he was consistently accurate, his lack of arm strength wouldn't even be an issue.

Perry is the only QB on the roster with the talent to be a P5 caliber starter. If he can't win the job, we have problems.

I disagree. I would like to see Shireff win the starting job for 2 reasons: 1. Shireff reminds me of a more athletic Ken Dorsey, and 2. QBs like Shireff and Dorsey are easier to replace than these Dynamic dual-threat guys. For instance, Clemson fans are out of their minds if they think they're not going to miss a beat without Watson. The kid was too dynamic.

Get a ****** QB instead of a NC QB like Watson because the ****** QB is easier to replace. Only on CIS.

Yup. Ask Brock Berlin how easy it was to replace Ken Dorsey. Post is full of fail.

Advertisement

The problem with Shirreffs is a lack of arm strength and inconsistent accuracy. If he was consistently accurate, his lack of arm strength wouldn't even be an issue.

Agreed. I want to see him on game day, though, before passing too much judgement. Some guys are better in practice than on game day, while some are better on game day than in practice. I think Shirreffs starts, but will have a very, very short chain. As it should be. Whoever "wins" the job will have very little room for error.

This job is between Rosier and Perry IMO. Richt either goes with the only guy on the roster with experience or says **** it and goes with the rook.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Sheriff wins the job.

This job is between Rosier and Perry IMO. Richt either goes with the only guy on the roster with experience or says **** it and goes with the rook.

Get ready to be shocked.

Perry reminds me of DJ Shockley. Not Charlie Ward. Don't believe me? go watch 2005 Georgia (When he started or his Stats) on YT.

Advertisement

Get ready to be shocked.

I know you have been pretty high on Sheriff for a while just what have you heard outside of Spring reports? There has been nothing to indicate he has outperformed anyone other than make the fewest mistakes. He has not shown any big play ability and the offense seems to stall more often than not under his direction. Even though Rosier has a tendency to give it up, that can be worked on. You can't teach having big play ability. Rosier at least shows that.

How do you know Shirreffs is less mistake prone?

How do you know Shirreffs is less mistake prone?

He doesn't know, of course. How could be?

There's a lot of this: people posting uninformed opinions, or their own personal wishes or fantasies, or their guesses, AS FACT. With no data to base it on.

For example:

Krazykunt posting as FACT that Perry is an elite runner

Paramus posting as FACT that Shirreffs is an excellent game manager (having never taken a single college snap)

... and on and on

It's like people don't have the mental capacity to distinguish between their musings and fantasies from reality

Advertisement
Perry reminds me of DJ Shockley. Not Charlie Ward. Don't believe me? go watch 2005 Georgia (When he started or his Stats) on YT.

I was at UGA for Shockley's senior year and I couldn't disagree more. Shockley was an athlete playing QB. Big dude, great arm, but if his first read was covered he'd either scramble around and chuck it deep or put his head down and run. If anything, Shockley's style reminds me more of Rosier than Perry.

That's a lie about players not liking kaaya especially the 2016 team

But the comparison was as a freshman,.. And I think kaaya was beyond a freshman in '16.....just sayin

More anti-Kaaya crap made out of the statement of Ryan Williams best friend.
Besides I don't care what any of the upperclassmen on that team thought. Besides Perryman they were all a bunch of quitters that stopped giving any effort after the FSU game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back