UF-Miami matchups

Advertisement
I think the main problem with the OL last year was it never really fully jelled. McDermott was in his first year starting, guys like Bunche and Feliciano were getting their first extended reps. Flowers was a true freshman who started strong but hit a wall like freshman usually do. Seantrel had all kinds of problems last offseason and not to mention he wasn't in the best shape. This year is totally different with Seantrel getting in shape and he has been more focused. Guys like Feliciano, McDermott, Bunche and Flowers got a ton of experience. We also got deeper. First time in a long while we have a legit 2 deep on the OL.

Also our WRs are kinda over rated but Stacy Coley isnt that dude is big time.

Don't think our WRs are overrated at all. Outside of Cane fans I don't see them rated crazy high anywhere. I think we had a good group but we don't have a legit #1 guy. But to be fair outside of Hurns, all of them were underclassmen last year.

Im only saying our WRs are overrated in the retrospect of our fans. A lot of people have been proclaiming to a level they're not at yet

Advertisement
Also our WRs are kinda over rated but Stacy Coley isnt that dude is big time.

Don't think our WRs are overrated at all. Outside of Cane fans I don't see them rated crazy high anywhere. I think we had a good group but we don't have a legit #1 guy. But to be fair outside of Hurns, all of them were underclassmen last year.

Yea ur right on the board its like we have all pros at WR everywhere but through media outlets and such they arent noticed much yet or they are where they should be. My only thing is that they gotta do it against good teams, I expect DJ and SM to go ape **** and pad there stats against al other teams besides Uf FSU and VT.

I'll just leave this here.

19.png

Advertisement
Again it comes down to Stephen and can he make throws this year that he has struggled in the past to make...we were horrible on 3rd down last year adding to our Defensive woes that were already suspect.....move the chains run the ball, if not UF walks away with the win

Advertisement
I will also say this about our oline.

i don't think they are as weak as some think. i mean they were 3rd in the sec in rushing with a passing game that averaged around 125 a game. so teams knew they were running and for the most part we still mauled people on the ground. also, if you guys spent a good time watching us, i'd say about 80% of our sacks was from driskel running around with his head cut off and taking dumb sacks. are they all world? no, but i think driskel made them look worse than they were. they put a whooping on some really good d-lines last year...namely a&m, lsu, and fsu.

i don't think they are as weak as some think. i mean they were 3rd in the sec in rushing with a passing game that averaged around 125 a game. so teams knew they were running and for the most part we still mauled people on the ground. also, if you guys spent a good time watching us, i'd say about 80% of our sacks was from driskel running around with his head cut off and taking dumb sacks. are they all world? no, but i think driskel made them look worse than they were. they put a whooping on some really good d-lines last year...namely a&m, lsu, and fsu.

I also think the SEC is a TAD overrated with the Defensive stats...there are no powerhouse offenses in the SEC outside .. AM and UGA....

FL when they played NON SEC teams only 5..gave up more yards then when playing 8 sec teams FL avf 285 yards a game to the SEC in 8 games 295 to 5 ooc teams...that should tell you something...and the fact that the SEC is very very loaded on D and not so much on Offense...remove Manzel and the SEC wold not have a top 20 team in offensive stats...

Advertisement

I think that's likely true.

Do you think the fact that the Gators have a few new starters along the OL (a couple being transfers, I believe) will result in an adjustment period as they become accustomed to playing as a unit?

I agree with the gator , if I am golden I line up on offense man on man and pound the rock . Our OL needs to sack up , if they do it will be fun to watch .

QB - Miami

RB - Even

WR/TE - Miami

OL - Miami

DL - Florida

LB - Even

DB - Florida

ST - Even

Intangibles - Even

I also think the SEC is a TAD overrated with the Defensive stats...there are no powerhouse offenses in the SEC outside .. AM and UGA....

FL when they played NON SEC teams only 5..gave up more yards then when playing 8 sec teams FL avf 285 yards a game to the SEC in 8 games 295 to 5 ooc teams...that should tell you something...and the fact that the SEC is very very loaded on D and not so much on Offense...remove Manzel and the SEC wold not have a top 20 team in offensive stats...

maybe so. but if you look at the draft, sec players dominated the board, particularly on the defensive side of the ball which speaks to the level of talent on those defenses. but overall the point i was trying to make is that to go up against the level of talent we did defensively and to still have one of the best ground games in the league despite zero passing attack speaks to the fact that the o-line may not be the problem people make it out to be. driskel is just that bad.

Advertisement
Back