UF-Miami matchups

Even if UF's DL were to take away the run and deep ball, Beau Sandland and Clive Walford are going to eat their LB'ers alive! One way or another, too many weapons on offense. By the way if they have two all-world CB's, and we go five wide ten what? Spread em out and burn'em to the ground. That's what Louisville did.

Sounds like you've really thought this through

No Louisville had a top 20 defense that stopped FL cold and allowed teddy to pick on a tired Defense...we stop the run or FL wins..that simple

yep. louisville's offense didn't really do much against the defense. got held to 70 yards rushing and 1.9 ypc and had 266 through the air but gave up 5 sacks. but they had a pick 6 and scored off a 19 yard drive after another stupid driskel turnover. otherwise they score about 20 or so, which is good, but nothing to write home about considering their qb is arguably the best in the country AND they dominated time of possession due to uf's inept offense. 35:37 to 24:23 to be exact.

Advertisement
Florida's offense will maybe only be slightly better than last year's offense. They lost over half of a very poor pass blocking oline....UF gave up ALOT of sacks last year. Their leading receiver is gone, Q Dunbar is their leading returning receiver, they are trying to get Purifoy some reps @ WR, and they are praying Debose will do something. Their RB, Jones, will be a player, and it is paramount we sell out to stop the run while keying on what Trey Burton is doing.

UF's D will be solid, but Matt Elam will be sorely missed. Its true...the Dline will have a solid pass rush, but losing Floyd is huge.

Florida is talented, but so is Miami. Barring turnovers/injuries on both sides.....Miami wins if they stop the Florida ground game.

Dont forget Coach Coley has schemed against two Will Muschamp teams.

Miami....24-13

The most important matchup of the game is definitely our front 7 vs their OL. UF fans feel the transfers they brought in are a major upgrade of the OL they trotted out there last season.

But the matchup that'll be most fun to watch is our receivers vs their secondary.

Advertisement
As of right now our WR group is overrated. They have a chance to change all of that against UiF though no doubt.

Our OL needs to be better at run blocking. The game against FSU, they were great against the pass. Werner did nothing in that game.

On one hand I blame the OC for never allowing our OL to get in a rhythm last year run blocking, but on the other hand, we just flat out haven't been as good as we should.

I think the key matchups have been hit on here but another one is the Florida OL vs. our defensive front. If we don't hold our edges, Driskell has the ability to kill us. I know everyone wants to talk **** about him but you know **** well our defense can make a ****** QB look like a Heisman winner.

If Driskell starts killing us on the ground, our LBs are ****ed in the passing game and next thing you know, we have to rely on turnovers.

Our receivers need to get separation for once against a legit D, and our D needs to hold their position and make Driskell beat us down field.

I'm also guessing UiF tries to take away the deep ball like others did last year. Morris didn't show much consistency on the short passing game, especially against the better defenses. He has to clean that area up.

Our TE's could be HUGE in this game, and Duke coming out of the backfield. Morris just has to show improvement in that area and we might be able to dink and dunk them to death.

I don't think FL will have much success running at least up the middle. Porter is going to give their guards and center fits all game. He cannot be blocked one on one period. please Baby Jesus let CP stay healthy this year, please.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saddens me that I actually have to point this out but we will be able to take NOTHING from our first game. The game plan against FAU will be more vanilla than the spring game so we will probably look like **** at times.

I'm tired of people bringing up the Louisville game too. UiF barely got off the bus in that game and got embarrassed because of it. If anything that just adds more fuel to their fire because they sure as **** are going to be ready on 9/7

I think our WRs are overrated, not because they don't have the talent, but because they haven't produced enough yet. The talent is there, but we can't crown them the best wide receiving core in the nation yet. WR vs DBs & OL vs DL are the two matchups I'm going to watch the most. I wanna see how Flowers performs. This will also be a BIG game for Duke. He's going to have to produce early and often. Obviously a dominant line will increase his success rats. All falls back to the trenches

Well...if our WRs are overrated, then UF receivers are on the junior high level. I'm not saying we have the best WRs ever, but I see guys who are knocking our receivers more so than they should be. It's not like every media outlet, magzine, etc are saying we have the best, or even top 5 receiving corps.

Do we have some talent...**** yes....does this team have as much talent as a 2000 Miami team....no......do we have some holes on defense....yes......but quit knocking crap when no one is really pumping them up except for maybe a poster or two.

Advertisement
The key matchup for me is our interior OL vs. their interior DL. Miami's tackles handled FSU's ends, but FSU's short and quick DTs repeatedly flushed a gimpy Morris out of the pocket. Dealing with guys like that has been a problem for this offensive line since Maryland 2011. It's the drawback of being so big and tall.

Dominique Easley is a player with tremendous quickness who can be beaten at the point of attack. We can't let him get going.

UF's defense lost 5 of their top 6 tacklers, and that's not including Morrison.

UF is talented on defense, but Miami is talented on offense.

I think Miami's going to be in excellent condition, so that could play a major factor.

I would practice Linder some at C in fall camp in case McDermott can't handle Easley inside.

We are huge at OL, and we have depth.

I think if we can substain some drives in the 1st half, we could wear down their front 4. I'm not worried about their 2nd team DL.

Also if Mudchamp thinks Fowler is better than Clowney, then he is being a homer.

Advertisement
Well...if our WRs are overrated, then UF receivers are on the junior high level. I'm not saying we have the best WRs ever, but I see guys who are knocking our receivers more so than they should be. It's not like every media outlet, magzine, etc are saying we have the best, or even top 5 receiving corps.

Do we have some talent...**** yes....does this team have as much talent as a 2000 Miami team....no......do we have some holes on defense....yes......but quit knocking crap when no one is really pumping them up except for maybe a poster or two.

Its amazing UiF is so weak at WR, really. When I say our WRs are overrated its only because people expect us to drop huge points on UiF and many people on this board have ridiculous expectations for them. I don't see it unless Duke runs wild.

I think if Morris plays smart he can have a huge game but he will need to spread the ball around and make sure the TEs and RBs are involved, also making plays with his legs. It could open up some big plays down field. But we aren't just going to waltz in there and air it out all over them.

/but we might

The key matchup for me is our interior OL vs. their interior DL. Miami's tackles handled FSU's ends, but FSU's short and quick DTs repeatedly flushed a gimpy Morris out of the pocket. Dealing with guys like that has been a problem for this offensive line since Maryland 2011. It's the drawback of being so big and tall.

Dominique Easley is a player with tremendous quickness who can be beaten at the point of attack. We can't let him get going.

Good stuff D.

I've got a feeling we will see some spread QB runs with Morris early on in the game. See if we can't get them to cheat a bit and go Dorsett or Scott up top.

JHall,

Good comments.

After hearing Al Golden today....I'm pumped. When he mentioned how he wouldn't forget the teams that negatively recruited against us or the ones who stood against us....he's talking about teams like Florida. Payback is a *****.....this team is going to be ready. I have a feeling Al would line up to kick a 50 yard field goal with time running out, even if we are up by 4 touchdowns against the Gaytors.

One last point....I think we I'll see Dallas Crawford get more reps as a wildcat QB

As of right now our WR group is overrated. They have a chance to change all of that against UiF though no doubt.

Our OL needs to be better at run blocking. The game against FSU, they were great against the pass. Werner did nothing in that game.

On one hand I blame the OC for never allowing our OL to get in a rhythm last year run blocking, but on the other hand, we just flat out haven't been as good as we should.

I think the key matchups have been hit on here but another one is the Florida OL vs. our defensive front. If we don't hold our edges, Driskell has the ability to kill us. I know everyone wants to talk **** about him but you know **** well our defense can make a ****ty QB look like a Heisman winner.

If Driskell starts killing us on the ground, our LBs are ****ed in the passing game and next thing you know, we have to rely on turnovers.

Our receivers need to get separation for once against a legit D, and our D needs to hold their position and make Driskell beat us down field.

This right here is perfect, also Duke has to have 100 yards running inside. I cant see him running sideways UFag is too fast and I doubt they let him get outside. Also SM is all hype and intangibles right now, exactly what u said if he cant throw deep hes in trouble unless he has improved. I have to see it to believe it because of season hype most of the time is BS. U will never hear a coach say yea he sucked like last year, they always say they improve.....we shall se. This season rides on duke SM and the DL, and if we beat Florida I will believe.

Advertisement
Back