2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Advertisement
I agree the stars are not the end all be all. My biggest concern is our ability to develop. If we had a solid scheme or proof of concept I wouldn't bring up 3*. As far as white safety @Memnon can probably do more with that description than me..
I think our manny kids like Flagg played there best ever under this staff. I think the qb thing and the narrative is in everyone’s mind. I don’t believe that though. Like if Tom Brady came here I think he’s Tom Brady lol, I think in years to come that qb thing gets thrown out the window and we forget about it. But that’s just my opinion only time will tell.

JUSTIN SCOTT, DL (Miami)
After measuring 6-foot-4 1/4, 299 pounds at Monday's check-in, the Chicago St. Ignatius five-star displayed promising movement ability and fluidity aligned often as a two-point edge defender. Scott knifed into the backfield a few times and bent the edge on a couple of occasions. His athleticism and size could make him a disruptive chess piece at the next level.

Advertisement
Pickett is your definition Viper/Jack backer. Use his pass rush skills as a blitzer and 3rd down DE

Don’t look now but Ced Bailey is lighting dudes up. He’s looking like a huge miss.

So many on here told me I was an idiot for wanting him, that he only looked good because of Trader and Smith. Kid has all the traits of a very good HS QB. We should have been all over him as a So FL dawg.

Closer to Asante Samuel jr imo.

Yes please.

Outside of Cooper what 3* have you seen play that you liked? (Using 3* because typically unheralded and shows scouting ability)

Kinchens was a three star composite when we offered him. Does he count? Porter and Young from the portal (and I was not a fan of either offer). Moten has the right materials, not sure about his motor though. I really liked Bobby Washington and he committed before getting his 4th star. Kinsler and Plazz will both be good. They just need a year or two.

Advertisement
Yea we missed on that one and it will haunt us, but our DL will put him on his *** not worried

Pause
I think the op meant he is performing badly. A miss eval not like a miss as we missed out on him. He hasnt been playing good from what iv'e seen

Yes please.

Kinchens was a three star composite when we offered him. Does he count? Porter and Young from the portal (and I was not a fan of either offer). Moten has the right materials, not sure about his motor though. I really liked Bobby Washington and he committed before getting his 4th star. Kinsler and Plazz will both be good. They just need a year or two.
I’m a big fan of Pulliam as well that kid is a goon in the making

Advertisement
Yes please.

Of the players you named Kinchens was not scouted by Mario so he wouldn't fit the bill. Porter is the best skill player they've added via the portal, but he had a significant role at WVU prior to transferring. Young is the only 3* player besides Cooper I've seen the staff identify and develop. Even though I don't think he ever reached his full potential here. All other 3* are TBD at this point.

Of the players you named Kinchens was not scouted by Mario so he wouldn't fit the bill. Porter is the best skill player they've added via the portal, but he had a significant role at WVU prior to transferring. Young is the only 3* player besides Cooper I've seen the staff identify and develop. Even though I don't think he ever reached his full potential here. All other 3* are TBD at this point.
You don't see that as an unfairly high-bar? You can't credit a first full cycle bringing in Joyce, Cooper, Young, Williams or Allen as <3* first-year-contributors as a modicum of success and something to build upon?

Advertisement
You don't see that as an unfairly high-bar? You can't credit a first full cycle bringing in Joyce, Cooper, Young, Williams or Allen as <3* first-year-contributors as a modicum of success and something to build upon?
I don't have a bar the initial question I asked was in reference to Mario's ability to scout 3* players. Joyce was not mentioned by anyone so I didn't discuss him. I brought up Cooper and I agreed on Young. Idk who Williams is and Allen is a RB3/4 meh. This wasn't an "AHA" moment, I was looking for a different perspective.

I don't have a bar the initial question I asked was in reference to Mario's ability to scout 3* players. Joyce was not mentioned by anyone so I didn't discuss him. I brought up Cooper and I agreed on Young. Idk who Williams is and Allen is a RB3/4 meh. This wasn't an "AHA" moment, I was looking for a different perspective.
Fair enough.

I've no metrics on how other 1st year coaches pulled sub 3* and under recruits into contributors (maybe you do), but all of those sub 3* players contributed to wins in Mario's first full class... I think even Davis balled a bit earlier this year. PS Williams is your favorite QB btw.

Last edited:
Mack has looked real smooth out there. Gonna watch on espn u today to see what he does.

Kid is holding up rather easily against some 5 stars but thats expected kid plays at sta, and has been practicing working out with JJ Smith since they were 8 years old. There wont be better wrs to face. Dude is then seeing chance robinson and James madison in practice on the daily and the 500 other div 1 wrs sta has had since he was there for high school.

When folks were ragging on Mack i knew he was a solid grab.
Who's he like?

Advertisement
Back