2024 UA All American Game 1/3/2024

Advertisement
I think guys can move from one category to the next. JAGs improve with different schemes, coaching. Hits turn to misses due to off field mistakes injuries etc. I think guys missing multiple seasons due to 1 injury is a rarity but I would put anyone without game experience in the JAG category. JAGS get a negative connotation around here imo.
I hear you JAG is definitely a loaded term that triggers a lot of folks. Based on this guys like Wes & Kelly fit the description, guys who have flashed but not consistent enough to be a hit.

Advertisement
Sounds like Lightfoot, Pickett and Scott are all doing good. Hopefully one of them can step up and help Bain next year. Only guy i havent seen anything on is Hayes. Hopefully he plays well today.
Linebackers don't really get hype in these All Star games until the game itself where they can actually hit the opposition without restrictions

Sounds like Lightfoot, Pickett and Scott are all doing good. Hopefully one of them can step up and help Bain next year. Only guy i havent seen anything on is Hayes. Hopefully he plays well today.
At this time I believe the first two are too light outside of situational snaps. Scott appears to have a very good shot to contribute even as a true freshman

Last edited:
Advertisement
At this time I believe the first two are two light outside of situational snaps. Scott appears to have a very good shot to contribute even as a true freshman
yeah they need to add some size to themselves but I can definitely see Lightfoot and Pickett getting pass rush snaps cause of how quick they are and the ability to bend in a pass rush.

At this time I believe the first two are two light outside of situational snaps. Scott appears to have a very good shot to contribute even as a true freshman
Both will be 235 or so by the tight the season starts. Probably a little bigger

Yea I mean anything helps at this point. Seems like the last 2 games if Bain wasn't doing anything nobody else was either.

Advertisement
Yea I mean anything helps at this point. Seems like the last 2 games if Bain wasn't doing anything nobody else was either.
We will have Kelly and Mesidor back next year which will help a ton. Wayne will also have an extra year in the S&C program which should naturally help. I love Lightfoot as a prospect and I like Pickett as a prospect but people are putting unrealistic expectations on these guys already. I have no doubt that Lightfoot will gain the weight and be a force for us, it’s just a question of how long. The 212 weigh in was disappointing. In terms of Pickett, I think he may not contribute for a while outside of situational pass rushing snaps. I don’t know why all of a sudden there are no worries with his frame. Still a take because he is Uber athletic, produced in the Tampa area and is a legacy and cousin to the best safety this new cycle.

20240103_142918.jpg

Advertisement
I always think theee stars are capable of good football with monsters around them. Who was that white kid at safety for Bama and fsu that was a coaches son? That dude had no business on the field but he played well cause there were stars everywhere lol. That was years and years ago though
Blankenship? The safety that starts for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Advertisement
Back