Tyrique Stevenson Visits Miami... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Fake news. UNC Chapel Hill is extremely difficult to get into for anyone. I live in NC and it’s more desirable than Wake.[/QUOT

Who says it’s more desirable? Not anyone I’ve ever heard. And to be clear they both have just under 30% admission rate but Wake has about 1/5 of the spots per class to take in, but please continue on about your liberal untouchable dream school that is chapel hill, like the rest of the idiots up here.

Advertisement

I'm not a liberal and you're a clown. No one takes you seriously.

We shall see is all I am saying. Time will prove you right or wrong....we may never know

Agreed. A freshman class size of 9,000+ for UF and 2,200 for UM is a marked difference. UF already forces students to take at least 1 class on-line their Freshman year. Endowment per total student body is ~$100,000 for UM and ~$45,000 for UF. The location of Miami and its stalwart medicine and bio-tech hubs should create additional distance between them. Not sure which school has the better engineering program, though.

Fake news. UNC Chapel Hill is extremely difficult to get into for anyone. I live in NC and it’s more desirable than Wake.
My daughter was class president, valedictorian, and a straight A student and the best she could get out of UNC was to be placed on the waiting list for out of state applicants. Unless you are a legacy, it's almost impossible to get into UNC as an out of state student.

Advertisement
My daughter was class president, valedictorian, and a straight A student and the best she could get out of UNC was to be placed on the waiting list for out of state applicants. Unless you are a legacy, it's almost impossible to get into UNC as an out of state student.

Or go to a good school for a year and apply as a transfer. That works better than applying as a freshman.

UNC is definitely loyal to the state. Duke not so much...

Y’all still talking about UNC??? Man we don’t care about that bs

Well they accepted over 2,200 out of state applicants.. maybe she just wasn't it🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
While students from here in NC, get in with average grades and test scores because they went to Charlotte Latin or Country Day.

Agreed. A freshman class size of 9,000+ for UF and 2,200 for UM is a marked difference. UF already forces students to take at least 1 class on-line their Freshman year. Endowment per total student body is ~$100,000 for UM and ~$45,000 for UF. The location of Miami and its stalwart medicine and bio-tech hubs should create additional distance between them. Not sure which school has the better engineering program, though.

Miami is tied for 48th among the roughly 60 P5 schools. Baylor, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, West Virginia, Georgia, Louisville and Arkansas are the only P5’s that are ranked behind Miami engineering (undergrad).

Undergrad engineering
UF #34
UCF #82
UM #99

2019 Engineering (Graduate)
Florida #34
UCF #43
USF #91
UM #97

2019 Law (grad)
UF #41
FSU #47
UM #65

2019 Research Med School
UF #41
UM #50
USF #55
UCF #86

2019 Business (graduate)
UF #34
UM #65

OVERALL (undergrad)
UF #42
UM #46
FSU #81

Miami is tied for 48th among the roughly 60 P5 schools. Baylor, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, West Virginia, Georgia, Louisville and Arkansas are the only P5’s that are ranked behind Miami engineering (undergrad).

Undergrad engineering
UF #34
UCF #82
UM #99

2019 Engineering (Graduate)
Florida #34
UCF #43
USF #91
UM #97

2019 Law (grad)
UF #41
FSU #47
UM #65

2019 Research Med School
UF #41
UM #50
USF #55
UCF #86

2019 Business (graduate)
UF #34
UM #65

OVERALL (undergrad)
UF #42
UM #46
FSU #81

UF better maintain its graduate programs! They lost the 'undergraduate' battle to UM, but have the clear lead in the graduate programs. UM is much better capitalized and does not rely on state funds. UF needs to focus on this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lame because I follow recruiting And anything Miami related on a account specifically for that? You are crazy

Do you man...he won't admit it but he likely does the same thing...we all do. I check in on a few recruits just to see what they have going on.

How so? Miami undergrad (#46) is ranked behind UF (#42)

Look at the % of graduates from the respective schools and where they end up. What law schools are they attending? What % of the class becomes a doctor? What % of the respective classes end up at the NYC, Washingtons and Bostons?

Hiring managers at Goldman, Disney and McKinsey all say that an "A" at UM is not an "A" at UF. These firms will not hire a UF graduate, but have started hiring Hurricanes in recent years. I work at a sought after employer and Vanderbilt is the only SEC school that we will hire undergraduates from. We hire a TON of PhDs from UFs Industrial Engineering doctorate, but none straight from UF's undergraduate program.

There are 4 UF graduates for every UM graduate....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back