Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

Advertisement
What is the yikes? Those aren't great numbers, but nothing that would scream concerning either. 57% is what Matocha threw last year and Jarren as a Junior.

And then you should notice he only played 9 games. Had he played 15 like some of these other kids, he would have been around 3000 yards and 25 TDs just based on per game averages.

Yikes is Sitkowski throwing for 1200 yards, 47% completion, and 6 TDs vs 10 INTs

Exactly. Stats without context are meaningless numbers. There's tons of kids playing in Spread/Air Raid systems completing 65% of their passes but they never throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield. And most of them don't have D1 offers. The stat that people should pay attention to is the 14+ Yards per attempt. It means he's throwing the ball downfield a lot where you're not going to have as high of a completion percentage.

I was surprised Syracuse had a football forum. Hilarious.

Another porster said one call from Dino will get him back on track. Referred to Nunn and Munoz. lmaooo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sounds good to me we haven’t had a quarterback drafted since Ken Dorsey in the 7th round 16 years ago! If this program is gonna take the next step we gotta get quarterbacks that can go in the first 3-4 rounds of the draft it just makes sense!!!

Just because I'm a smartass: Brad Kaaya was drafted in the 6th round by Al Golden's Lions.

But point still stands obviously. We're due for a good one.

Advertisement
**** he’s 102 on espn and a 4 star on 247. Nice size too 6’3-6’4 200 plus.

Exactly. We got people on here acting like he just got his 3rd star, only has other offers from MAC and Ivy League schools and he's not even sniffing eSECpn's Top 300.

He's definitely being brought in as a legit competitor to start someday. This isn't a last minute we need depth type offer.

Advertisement
Usually this is correct but with qbs its different. They close it down a lot earlier.

Still man, just sit back and enjoy the actual team on hand, think about it, this guy even if signs more than likely wont be starting next year or the season after that either. Im more interested in seeing how the actual guys from the last 2 classes have aand are going to develop. And with coach feely in the fold as the S & C coach, coach gus didnt do a bad job, but its definitely good news coming from the players in regards to coach feely. Coach gus had our boys ready to play as well, we'll see soon enough how coach feely does. He understands increasing the overall team stamina as being a priority as well as lowerbody strength including core!

Sounds like you don't know much about him either. I think he sticks unless we have an Artur sitkowski situations and the staff goes there separate ways. Qbs shut things down early unlike other positions. . I just want to know from someone who has seen him play if he is the goods or not. Because if he can play then this is good for the future. Watching his highlights he looks like a decent player that could push for playing time.

View attachment 84325

Im not trying to know to much about a player that hasnt signed here yet, but do you think we should sign this guy:

Advertisement
As long as he's not from Florida I'm good.. Because if he was then by next week he would come out with a top 5 and say he maybe should still be good probably to Miami if nobody else like Clemson, Alabama or Georgia offers.

Advertisement
Back