Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

Advertisement

Let’s go!!

I love how a HS junior is projected as a 5th round NFL draft choice.

Just thinking the exact thing.

Unreal the world is trying to tell a 17 year old kid where he's projected to go in the NFL draft in 5 years.

They going to read him his horoscope as well?

GMAFB.

Advertisement
LOL, put the pipe down man, remember the posters who were about to jump off the bridge when our man Zion committed, stop looking so far ahead, and get ready to enjoy watching the recruits from the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 classes that are already here, and the rest on the way. I could careless about who commiting now, just worry about the players who actually signed here already. That's how i gets down, i could careless about who doesnt sign and barely care about these far out commitments, your question would be legit if you were asking how many believe he'll stick to his commitment!
Sounds like you don't know much about him either. I think he sticks unless we have an Artur sitkowski situations and the staff goes there separate ways. Qbs shut things down early unlike other positions. . I just want to know from someone who has seen him play if he is the goods or not. Because if he can play then this is good for the future. Watching his highlights he looks like a decent player that could push for playing time.

Advertisement
Not going to lie: I was worried about our QB recruiting. We missed on the Bama de-commit that Enos had a relationship with, which sucks, but fine. Then we moved on to Van Dyke who seemed to be uninterested and getting Cuse CBs. Prater seemed like a Tier II type player and even he wasn't particularly interested. The one dude was getting UNC CBs. Etc. We seemed to not be getting any traction with the Top Tier or Tier II kids.

This commit helps cement a lot of trust in Enos as a closer for me at least. Kid seemed to be at the Top of the Board after the Bama de-commit. Enos worked on him and landed him. That's how you do it.

Advertisement
I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see a kid getting a star bump AFTER committing to Miami.

WELCOME TVD.

And from ESPN of all places. They usually aren't our biggest fans because they are so camp heavy in their ratings. Van Dyke must have killed it at The Opening or something.

Advertisement
Sounds like you don't know much about him either. I think he sticks unless we have an Artur sitkowski situations and the staff goes there separate ways. Qbs shut things down early unlike other positions. . I just want to know from someone who has seen him play if he is the goods or not. Because if he can play then this is good for the future. Watching his highlights he looks like a decent player that could push for playing time.

View attachment 84325

I do happen to know a lot about him, as I've said in other posts.

He's my favorite of the QB's we were evaluating this cycle, and that includes Beck.

He's got big time upside. As in NFL starter upside. There's a reason with 3 or 4 really good players in the mix for 2020, Manny and Enos took his commitment and locked and loaded our QB for the cycle. They ain't fu*king around. TVD is the real deal. Kid has a frame along the lines of Andrew Luck coming out of high school. Think Carson Wentz at 17. Big, strong, with nimble feet and great pocket quickness.

Is he guaranteed to get that level? Of course not. But there's no reason he can't.

Right now, I'm pretty psyched. And everyone else should be, too.

Looks like Enos doesn't play around. Two years in a row he's found a guy he wanted and locked him up quickly after making a decision on their recruitment between Matocha and now Van Dyke. That's despite having a loaded depth chart at the moment! I like Van Dyke's film and everything, but my biggest takeaway is that Enos is legit.

Absolute 180 from our previous staff's QB recruiting.

Advertisement
Back