Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

Advertisement
No kidding.

Lil Wrecked offered no one.

And Enos (who was a QB and a decent one) offered 3 QBs alone in the massive QB states of CT and NH just this year.

I think we finally have an OC / QB coach who knows how to find and develop QBs.

If so, this could get interesting again....

Welcome to the U.
Night and day QB recruiting compared to Spring 2018 (when little jon was banking frequent flyer miles like a pro).

I do happen to know a lot about him, as I've said in other posts.

He's my favorite of the QB's we were evaluating this cycle, and that includes Beck.

He's got big time upside. As in NFL starter upside. There's a reason with 3 or 4 really good players in the mix for 2020, Manny and Enos took his commitment and locked and loaded our QB for the cycle. They ain't fu*king around. TVD is the real deal. Kid has a frame along the lines of Andrew Luck coming out of high school. Think Carson Wentz at 17. Big, strong, with nimble feet and great pocket quickness.

Is he guaranteed to get that level? Of course not. But there's no reason he can't.

Right now, I'm pretty psyched. And everyone else should be, too.
Alright thanks sounds like he could really push for playing time. Glad to see the QB room stay competitive. Im sure we are going to have some transfer soon after this current QB competition. An having solid players coming in is a good thing.

rumph slipping. Getting that 40+ YO belly.

Yikes, is this accurate?

What is the yikes? Those aren't great numbers, but nothing that would scream concerning either. 57% is what Matocha threw last year and Jarren as a Junior.

And then you should notice he only played 9 games. Had he played 15 like some of these other kids, he would have been around 3000 yards and 25 TDs just based on per game averages.

Yikes is Sitkowski throwing for 1200 yards, 47% completion, and 6 TDs vs 10 INTs

Advertisement
What is the yikes? Those aren't great numbers, but nothing that would scream concerning either. 57% is what Matocha threw last year and Jarren as a Junior.

And then you should notice he only played 9 games. Had he played 15 like some of these other kids, he would have been around 3000 yards and 25 TDs just based on per game averages.

Yikes is Sitkowski throwing for 1200 yards, 47% completion, and 6 TDs vs 10 INTs

It's a valid point.

Having played in that same league, you don't get that many starts, compared to say, some QB in Texas, Florida, or California ā€¦ And by November 1, you're not exactly playing in QB friendly conditions.

Regardless, as I've said elsewhere on the board about this kid, he's the real deal.

:fistbump:

247Sports' Brian Dohn has compared him to a young Kirk Cousins.

"Good frame allows him to stand tall in pocket. Two-sport standout also excels as a pitcher in baseball. Smooth delivery with soft touch on deep throws. Accurate and can fit ball into tight windows. Calm demeanor. Plays in control. Slides in pocket well. Has high release point to accentuate size. Has sneaky mobility to extend plays. Needs to shorten his release. Must show arm strength to throw 15-yard out. Increasing athleticism will be helpful. Multi-year starter at Top 20 program. Projects as a mid-to-late (fifth round) NFL draft pick."
Sounds good to me we havenā€™t had a quarterback drafted since Ken Dorsey in the 7th round 16 years ago! If this program is gonna take the next step we gotta get quarterbacks that can go in the first 3-4 rounds of the draft it just makes sense!!!

Advertisement
Two-sport standout also excels as a pitcher in baseball.
I didn't realize the kid was a southpaw. Here some film on him:
giphy.gif

Advertisement

tough to see the column headers so I missed the 9 games point. Good point and thanks for pointing that out.

Advertisement
He's my favorite of the QB's we were evaluating this cycle, and that includes Beck.

Including Beck? Can you please explain why? I haven't seen anyone else put him in Beck's class and from all appearances Beck was priority 1 to Enos and TVD 2.

Advertisement
Back