Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

Exactly. We got people on here acting like he just got his 3rd star, only has other offers from MAC and Ivy League schools and he's not even sniffing eSECpn's Top 300.

He's definitely being brought in as a legit competitor to start someday. This isn't a last minute we need depth type offer.

propjoe-civilizing.gif

Advertisement
Including Beck? Can you please explain why? I haven't seen anyone else put him in Beck's class and from all appearances Beck was priority 1 to Enos and TVD 2.

Beck is a great prospect. And he was definitely up there as far as priorities.

But I think TVD is just a mentally tougher kid. I think the risk with TVD is lower because of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Still man, just sit back and enjoy the actual team on hand, think about it, this guy even if signs more than likely wont be starting next year or the season after that either. Im more interested in seeing how the actual guys from the last 2 classes have aand are going to develop. And with coach feely in the fold as the S & C coach, coach gus didnt do a bad job, but its definitely good news coming from the players in regards to coach feely. Coach gus had our boys ready to play as well, we'll see soon enough how coach feely does. He understands increasing the overall team stamina as being a priority as well as lowerbody strength including core!

coach gus had our boys ready? what? wasnt the report after that everyone hated him and he wasnt even in the building for early am workouts?

because I know one of TVD's coaches, and have talked to him a lot about the kid?

other than that? no particular reason.

But do you know any of the Mandarin coaches to be able to actually compare?

It’s one thing to know TVDs coach and say “I know TVD is mentally tough based off of conversations I’ve had”

It’s something entirely different to make a comparison and say one is tougher than the other when you only actually know about one of the two.

For instance, I know plenty about Beck from knowing a lot of his teammates and a couple coaches. But I know nothing about Van Dyke other than what I’ve seen on film. I do not have enough information to make a comparison, I only have enough information to speak about Beck in that regard.

Advertisement
Espn is very high on him. They have him as the #3 pocket passer and he is 102 in the top 300.

Interesting they have him higher than Max Johnson. Wonder if they'll run an article on their front page about the QB recruit ranked higher than Mark Richt's nephew committing to Miami like they did when Johnson committed to LSU. Not holding my breath on that one.

coach gus had our boys ready? what? wasnt the report after that everyone hated him and he wasnt even in the building for early am workouts?

That might be True but the actual physical level of play on the field cant be denied, there is a reason we had 2 True freshman all everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan, and another who would have been in jt4. At the end of the day, gus did a solid job, under coach richt and gus, it was the first time in a long time that we had a team playing at a high level consistently for 4 quarters, when the main issue is either execution or play calling, than we in a good spot!

Advertisement
Interesting they have him higher than Max Johnson. Wonder if they'll run an article on their front page about the QB recruit ranked higher than Mark Richt's nephew committing to Miami like they did when Johnson committed to LSU. Not holding my breath on that one.

i thought max tanked ranking wise after he committed to LSU?

Honestly have no idea. Haven't been following him. Just scrolled through their Pro Style QB ranks and saw him down there a few spots.

oh i thought i saw something about that but not sure either. i haven't followed this cycle much at all. couldn't tell you a single player other than the QB and Chaney

Beck is a great prospect. And he was definitely up there as far as priorities.

But I think TVD is just a mentally tougher kid. I think the risk with TVD is lower because of it.

I’ve been saying after seeing his film he’s more advanced than Beck. Imagine this putting TVD with one of the miami dade powers with our skill players. Imagine what his rating would be.

Advertisement
Back