Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

Advertisement
Just watched his tape.

*Incredible touch and ball placement in on the intermediate throws
*A lot of very nice off balance throws.
*Easily coachable but he looks really off balance hiking the ball from under center, like a gust of wind could blow him backwards.
*Competition looked suspect
*His longer throws had a lot of Jacory Harris esque air under them, but that's pretty common in HS. Those windows will be much tighter than CT HS FB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Needs to save that arm for Miami! In all seriousness, congrats to the kid! He's a big time athlete and I'm pumped we snagged him.
**** yeah, I love that he's a high level pitcher & QB.

Some of the best QB's in the league played Baseball & were pitchers, Idk if there's a direct correlation between pitching & quarterbacking but most P's/QB's tend to have really good arm strength & with Van Dyke it shows on the Football field.

Some of the best QB's in the league played Baseball & were pitchers, Idk if there's a direct correlation between pitching & quarterbacking but most P's/QB's tend to have really good arm strength & with Van Dyke it shows on the Football field.

Kenny Kelly ....Rosier played baseball too but i dont remember if he was as a pitcher

If u can pitch u can throw a football....its never a bad idea to sign a qb thats also a great hard throwing pitcher.

Advertisement
If u can pitch u can throw a football....its never a bad idea to sign a qb thats also a great hard throwing pitcher.

Not necessary

Throwing a baseball and throwing a football is 2 different things. You might have a QB who is more accurate but you will also have a QB with a long winding slow delivery that is difficult to correct and could lead to turnovers.

Advertisement
Rosier wasn't a pitcher, he was an Outfielder.

Pat Mahomes, Jared Goff, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, John Elway, Dan Marino & Steve McNair all played baseball too.
If it counts for anything...Kyler Murray was a top 10 pick in Baseball, but he was an outfielder as well.

Edit: Looks like athleticism and speed was the reason for his high profile in MLB, so not really anything to do with his throwing. But he was still one of the top shortstops coming out of high school.

Not necessary

Throwing a baseball and throwing a football is 2 different things. You might have a QB who is more accurate but you will also have a QB with a long winding slow delivery that is difficult to correct and could lead to turnovers.
Well this too....but i like this one

If it counts for anything...Kyler Murray was a top 10 pick in Baseball, but he was an outfielder as well.

Edit: Looks like athleticism and speed was the reason for his high profile in MLB, so not really anything to do with his throwing. But he was still one of the top shortstops coming out of high school.
Kyker can throw it but he was recruited for that speed

Advertisement
Back