Tyler Van Dyke commits to Miami

If u can pitch u can throw a football....its never a bad idea to sign a qb thats also a great hard throwing pitcher.

I'm little meh on this. Some pitchers who are QBs have that wind up motion and gets them in to trouble. I'm hoping he's more John Elway and Kyler Murray and less Chad Hutchinson and Colin Kaepernick

Advertisement
Not necessary

Throwing a baseball and throwing a football is 2 different things. You might have a QB who is more accurate but you will also have a QB with a long winding slow delivery that is difficult to correct and could lead to turnovers.
I could throw a baseball foul pole to foul pole but could only throw a football about 40 yards.

I'm little meh on this. Some pitchers who are QBs have that wind up motion and gets them in to trouble. I'm hoping he's more John Elway and Kyler Murray and less Chad Hutchinson and Colin Kaepernick
The inverse might speak more truth. If you can throw a football well you can throw a baseball well.

Gus did a solid job??

Someone come get this *****
Had to think of who you mean by "Gus." Then I realized it was the overweight oversleeper, Gus Felder.

I sometimes refer to "Coach Gus," in posts, but that's because I like to discuss our history. Coach Gus when I use it refers to Andy Gustafson, the longest serving head coach in UM history, and a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.

Advertisement
I'm talking about currently, not all-time.

And who has stronger arm than Mahomes in the league right now? He literally can throw from any platform & has even thrown it 90yds before.

I am talking currently also

Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford for 1, I would probably put Trubisky and Cam over him as well.

Advertisement

Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford for 1, I would probably put Trubisky and Cam over him as well.
Cam's arm isn't as strong as it use to be, but at one point I'd say he had the strongest arm in the league

Advertisement
Marino was a SS & Relief Pitcher, Elway was a pitcher as well.

But Mahomes has the strongest arm in the NFL, so pitching didn't affect him that much lol.
I think the only problem with a pitcher playing qb is throwing mechanics, not arm strength.
And Elway was an outfielder at Stanford bruh.

Russell Wilson played 2nd, Brady played Catcher, Goff was a SS pretty sure, Jake Locker was an Outfielder, etc, etc.
Ken Stabler, Dan Marino (a little), Pat Mahomes are the only I can think of that actually played Pitcher.

Advertisement

Aaron Rodgers might be the only one that has equal level arm strength to Mahomes, but Stafford, Trubisky & Cam???

Are you serious? Lol... Mahomes has a Michael Vick/Brett Favre type cannon, not many QB's can sling it as far or with the same velocity as Pat.

Trubisky and Cam are not even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes & Rodgers when it comes to arm strength. In fact even Josh Allen & Tyree Jackson have stronger arms than Trubisky & Cam.

Advertisement
Back