Two directions

Advertisement
I expect us to finish our 4-2 or even 3-3. Clemson just gave the blueprint on how to defend us and other teams will want it more.
It wasn’t even a secret. The yahoo article posted days ago had an anonymous ACC coach say you need to make King stay in the pocket. I don’t think he’ll beat you with his arm. That’s exactly what Clemson did.

Its not the personnel its choices you have avery huff sam brooks and amari Carter who is better suited at lb but yet we play Jennings who constantly hits the wrong hole and gets caught looking in the back field all the time. McCloud who in year 5 looks worse than year 1 taking horrible angles. Jordan Miller constantly applying pressure or hold the los but jon ford gets blasted at the line. Coaches need to play different guys I get u have to prove it in practice but guys perform on game days and that's what matters. If huff and co suck atleast put them on the field to further prove to urself why he doesnt play
Different ways to skin a cat. The deal is we need to skin the cat....

The hype around UM coming into the Clemson game didn’t do us any favors. Their only losses the past few years have been when teams like Cuse caught them snoozing. No. 7 Miami who the whole country has watched for 3 weeks, Gameday in town, prime time ABC... we got their full attention, and it showed.

But your overall point I most certainly agree with. There is enough data by now to see that this defensive staff doesn’t coach up players. That means we gotta recruit better.
Even if we get all blue chip talent, we don't have the teachers to teach them. Manny and blake are not the answer! You need a CEO HC that's hands on and makes everyone accountable for their actions, no way around that. Miami needs a seasoned coach who's been there done that!
Not a tired retired one, like CMR. No more allowing a first time HC run this program, this used to be a stepping stone to the NFL..... now we're just a stone being stepped on!

Advertisement
There’s no light switch here. Clemson took beaT downs while they were building. It happens.
The way out is by beating teams you should and using momentum to recruit. We’ve been winning 7 games a year and that won’t do it. If Miami starts winning 10 games a year we’ll be able to close the gap on the recruiting trail. Right now the games vs Pitt and UNC are much more important to the long term success of the program than games vs Clemson
Nah, we’ve been recruiting as well as Clemson did when they won an NC. The issue is coaching.

Howell can hit that deep ball, so I don’t expect Clemson to crowd the line of scrimmage against UNC the way they did against the Canes. If King doesn’t start hitting deep shots (WRs or TEs), we will see more 8-9 in the box to stop the run next week against Pitt and moving forward in the ACC.

Current projected season record: 10-1; 9-2 (at worst)

Advertisement
Our best chance for the season is to not have to play in the ACCCG against Clemson. Whatever happens beyond that wouldn’t be worse than watching us have to play them again.
I’d love to see us play them again. It’ll be telling to see if Lashlee, Baker, and Diaz can ever succeed. Can they actually come up with a gameplan?

Nah, we’ve been recruiting as well as Clemson did when they won an NC. The issue is coaching.
Ugh no.

Tajh Boyd
Deshaun Watson
Trevor Lawrence
D.J. Uglaleai

Thats 3 five star QB’s, and can’t remember about Boyd. He may have been high 4 star.

2 of those 4 are all time great college QB’s.

Christian Wilkins
Dexter Lawrence
K.J Henry
Xavier Thomas
Bryan Bresee
Myles Murphy

All 5 star DL.
How many 5 star DL we have?

Ugh no.

Tajh Boyd
Deshaun Watson
Trevor Lawrence
D.J. Uglaleai

Thats 3 five star QB’s, and can’t remember about Boyd. He may have been high 4 star.

2 of those 4 are all time great college QB’s.

Christian Wilkins
Dexter Lawrence
K.J Henry
Xavier Thomas
Bryan Bresee
Myles Murphy

All 5 star DL.
How many 5 star DL we have?
Leading up to their 1st NC bud. I’m not talking about the past few years.

The defense is gimmicky and works on enough teams to pile up stats to look good but more times than not when we play good teams or bowl game type teams we seem outclassed.. I never like a room of yes men or guys who if they were let go cant get a comparable level job elsewhere.. Like who is gonna hire Rumph if he cant work here? Even our last DB coach has more ability to find another job..

Loving this thread.

I will say this. We held them to 7 points in the first quarter...In which we had only run 6 offensive plays.

We went into half time only allowing 3 TDs after only picking up what? 2 first downs in a half?

For the team we were facing that’s really good.

And in the second half we actually played better minus the long run.

The defense is capable of slowing Really good teams down which is acceptable in this era.

The final score is more indicative of an extremely inept offense that keep running tempo while not being effective.

I agree with Dmoney. The lack of recruting success is more a by product of losing to duke than to Clemson. You were probably never going to land Frank Ladson. But we can still clean up and build to that point as long as we get to 9-10 win seasons.

Advertisement
It wasn’t even a secret. The yahoo article posted days ago had an anonymous ACC coach say you need to make King stay in the pocket. I don’t think he’ll beat you with his arm. That’s exactly what Clemson did.

And this is why I’ve been saying King will be back.He IS NOT an NFL QB at least not a starter.His arm isn’t strong enough to offset his other deficiencies.

He is very accurate on short to intermediate throws but anything over 15-20 yds wobbles And he looks like Kaaya throwing the long ball.You can be 5’10”-11” in the NFL but you better have a rocket for an arm like Tyler Murray or Russell Wilson.King doesn’t have close to the arm strength Of either.

We will get lucky and have him for another year.What we need are WRers that can catch.

move been saying it for two weeks, how we play agaiat Pitt and Va Tech will tell me everything I need to know about this team.

I never expected a win against Clemson so it was always about the followings games.

Clemson did exactly what most smart fans thought they would. We learned from that game what we already knew.

Our WR are below average D1 WR

Our O-line is still average at best.

our Lb get exposed by their lack of speed.

With all that being said. We should still win most of our remaining games. Let’s see how it plays out. First big test is next Saturday against a blue collar though team in Pitt.
@DMoney and your reply are posts of the day, nothing to add .🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
How much of a talent gap does UNC have compared to Clemson? They managed to only lose by 1 point against them last year in Mack Browns 1st year with a freshman QB. Coaching is the biggest talent gap on our team... losing by 25 when it could’ve been by 40 if they wanted to isnt bc of talent.

I respectfully disagree. We need to play Clemson and Top tier teams As much as possible. This is the only way our players will get better.. playing against elite systems and opposition. I guarantee you Rhett Lashlee will be learn from last night experience and will be better for us down the road.

Yeah, Clemson busted our nuts as was never really doubted by most. But a loss to a really suspect Pittsburgh, especially with QB Pickett ailing, might be enough to get the banner talk for Manny going. I'm already a bit distressed that he puts Perry in rather than TVD when giving King a breather. Losing to Pitt would be same-o same-o and a real deal breaker.

The defense is gimmicky and works on enough teams to pile up stats to look good but more times than not when we play good teams or bowl game type teams we seem outclassed.. I never like a room of yes men or guys who if they were let go cant get a comparable level job elsewhere.. Like who is gonna hire Rumph if he cant work here? Even our last DB coach has more ability to find another job..
Say what you want about our CBs sucking and our LBs being slow, both are fair, but the defense did enough to win. We stopped them several few times, got a turnover, and had ****** calls go against us. Hard to do more when they get gassed cause the offense goes 3 and out. When needed some drives and to do something to score. We couldn't and the defense goes right out there again. At some point the best rb in the upcoming draft was going to spring some runs. What do you expect?

Advertisement
Back