Two directions

Just a note on the calendar - I think the ACC championship has been moved to 12/19 - ND and a couple of other teams are going to have to use 12/12 to finish the season due to COVID

12/20 is Selection Sunday for the CFP
ACC wants ND in that conference championship game to showcase to ND they need to be in a conference. Which I agree with, btw.

Advertisement
You could blame not being disciplined in the 1st qtr on big game jitters but the fact that it continued until the final seconds ran of the clock. Shows that this is something that has not only plagued this team previously but will still do so the remainder of the season.

The fact that the OC was done for before the game started was another punch in the chest. Lashlee couldn't muster any answer to what was killing him. He hasn't come to terms that his QB doesn't have the pinpoint precision for deep balls and his WR can't contest a single ball. Lashlee never tried to create a mismatch but instead just kept dialing up a disaster deep ball. One on one all night and just deep routes after Clemson clapped his little WR screens.

Clemson wasn't doing anything to hide the fact they were coming for King but we did nothing to counter them sending the house. WR just running down field with their backs turned to King. We have no mid range passing attack, just screens and deep balls. So it's no surprise the offense got gapped by a pro DC.

Obviously some of you have not looked at the schedule of both ND and UNC. In addition, appears some of you assume Canes will lose again before playing UNC and assume will lose to UNC. ****, why follow the team or season. Just go ahead and give up...

ND plays Clempson and UNC....btw, BC gives ND a battle most years
UNC plays ND and Miami

Miami takes care of business and there's a high probability of playing Clempson again.

We always do this lol the calm down post the next day then next year another calm down post. We can win but we not beating tier 1 squads with the speed we have on defense. We ran around nebraska and that's what tier one teams will do to us. U give them the corner they are gone.
Clemson will be atop the ACC until a school emerges with the goods to stop the king of the hill. We need a coaching staff that can put that squad together... it doesn’t create itself.... and to use your username, Dwinstitles... that’s the foundation needed. Big and badass defense required.

Advertisement
Obviously some of you have not looked at the schedule of both ND and UNC. In addition, appears some of you assume Canes will lose again before playing UNC and assume will lose to UNC. ****, why follow the team or season. Just go ahead and give up...

ND plays Clempson and UNC....btw, BC gives ND a battle most years
UNC plays ND and Miami

Miami takes care of business and there's a high probability of playing Clempson again.
Good take. AND, if we do end up in Charlotte to play Clemson again and lose, the consolation prize is the Orange Bowl game.

11 freaking 5*s
A team full of 4*s with some of the best coaching. They're like that next level just below NFL but definitely above college.

The major differences in the game was Oline, DB play and LB play. Their DBs looked and played like 5*s and the major difference was the LB play. Even their 3rd stringers played much faster than us because well, that's what elite coaching does.
FB_IMG_1602445071583.jpg

Our Defense played well enough to keep it close (if our offense would have shown a pulse) and yes, Baker made adjustments after half but it was TOO late. They screened us to death in that first half. That was some of the worst LB play from us I have ever seen. McCloud getting manhandled by a freaking TE. I believe we have enough talent on D but we would be next level with this same talent if we had someone that's a step above Baker, Rumph, Patke. These guys are NOT college level coaches.

11 freaking 5*s
A team full of 4*s with some of the best coaching. They're like that next level just below NFL but definitely above college.

The major differences in the game was Oline, DB play and LB play. Their DBs looked and played like 5*s and the major difference was the LB play. Even their 3rd stringers played much faster than us because well, that's what elite coaching does.View attachment 133482
Good post. The real key is 5-star recruits, as these are the game-changers.

Advertisement
And this is why I’ve been saying King will be back.He IS NOT an NFL QB at least not a starter.His arm isn’t strong enough to offset his other deficiencies.

He is very accurate on short to intermediate throws but anything over 15-20 yds wobbles And he looks like Kaaya throwing the long ball.You can be 5’10”-11” in the NFL but you better have a rocket for an arm like Tyler Murray or Russell Wilson.King doesn’t have close to the arm strength Of either.

We will get lucky and have him for another year.What we need are WRers that can catch.
King is coming back. No way he goes to the NFL next season. I’m not sure it’s that he doesn’t have the arm strength as much as he only has one throwing motion. He lacks touch.
Please don’t get me wrong though. We can win an NC with King at QB. He’s still a heckuva college QB.

Is this a serious question?
Dead serious. We just went out and lined up like every other week. Their was no exploitation of their weaknesses. There weren’t any wrinkles other than a couple trick plays. Lashlee didn’t make halftime adjustments. For someone telling the media he’s bringing out all the stops and using the entire playbook, that was an abysmal job as a coordinator.
Defensively was worse because we matched up with them very well. Their OL couldn’t dominate our DL while their DL owned our OL. They used our scheme against us. Adjustments were never made to stop the screens and misdirections. All we needed was for guys to stay home on the plethora of 3rd and forevers they converted. They couldn’t do much else against the defense.

Clemson will be atop the ACC until a school emerges with the goods to stop the king of the hill. We need a coaching staff that can put that squad together... it doesn’t create itself.... and to use your username, Dwinstitles... that’s the foundation needed. Big and badass defense required.
Facts have to recruit OL and Dal elite savages that OSC Clemson and Bama want. Not players that those schools choose to pass on

LSU- 33, Miami- 17

This game wasn't as close as the score. Miami was outclassed and outcoached. The national TV audience lost any respect it had gained for Miami.

After this loss, Miami went 13-12 over the next two seasons.

West Virginia- 70, Clemson- 33

This was the last game of Dabo's first good season. Clemson was embarrassed on national TV. They have gone 105-12 since.

It was not a straight shot. In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked miles away from the championship level. But they kept building. Last year, they beat FSU 45-14.

Miami's direction after this loss will depend on Manny. There was a talent gap on Saturday, but there was an even larger gap in preparation and discipline. The world is expecting Miami to return to form and lose to less-talented ACC teams. That has been the story for the last 15 years. The next six opponents are Pittsburgh, UVA, NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. We will know after that stretch.

Some will say, like they always do, that Miami can never come back. They usually point to a lack of resources to hire assistant coaches and attract recruits. But Miami has signed big-money coordinators the last two years and landed elite talents like Chaney, Knighton, James Williams and Leonard Taylor. You can't do that if you're a dead program.

Miami failed the first test. They didn't jump from worst to first. But the next test is more important and will be much more telling.
Yesterday I enjoyed a day in Siesta Key for a friends birthday. I didn’t watch GameDay and just watched the Canes game. After they went up 14-0 I knew we still aren’t at Clemson’s level and it was obvious, I’m glad I didn’t read the boards, I’m not jumping on any firing bandwagons after Clemson, this outcome has a realistic possibility. If it was a less superior team I’d be blowing all the coaches up.

BUT now like DMoney said, it starts in the next 5 games vs teams we should beat. We need to not play like we’ve had the last few years and turn up.

let’s move on and finish strong.

Advertisement
I’ll say this , we’ll know for sure where manny stands and if things are different by how we finish. We run the table ( we should ) I’ll believe in his bs. We pull a “ Miami “ I’ll know what I’m already thinking.
Cribby, you’re a guy with inside knowledge into the program. If you’re asking these questions, honestly, what hope should any of us have at this point?

Cribby, you’re a guy with inside knowledge into the program. If you’re asking these questions, honestly, what hope should any of us have at this point?
The one positive I see is the leadership is different , mostly because of king. I don’t think this will be the typical collapse like past years but that’s just opinion.

Advertisement
Start by putting the best linebacker on the field, and by sitting wide receivers that refuse to make catches. No one will take you seriously if you continue to play those three starters at wide receiver without there being real repercussions for their unwillingness to compete!

I can’t take them seriously on their evaluations or any of their rhetoric when they refuse to put Brooks on the field as a starter. I’m still not sure what they’re looking at.

Stop talking about guys like Bubba Bolden, Carter, and number 26 being on equal Playing field when their play isn’t even on the same planet. Bubba should only come off the field for a quick breather. Not to split reps with the other two just because.

If this staff can’t even make simple personnel decisions - I have a hard time trusting them on everything else.

Manny Diaz needs to calm down with the hyperbole and get to fugging work. We are dead last in giving up 10 plus yard chunk plays per game - at 20 per game. Our lack of discipline and our inability to pay attention to the details will always reveal itself against a good or really good opponent.

Last edited:
I hope this is the primary line most take away from your post. The WR example is the most prominent in my eyes. Are we in a bad spot at WR? Sure. Is it a reason for our entire offense to go into a punchless shell? That's a **** of thing. We were 100% suffocated. Like a mouse with a snake wrapped around it.

Not even asking for winning football or a shootout. Although, only as one-off examples, you see Leach and Kiffin with similar talent gaps between their players and opponents get into some shootouts. But, a punchless shell? Clobbered our IZ run as many expected; little to no counter. Man'd up our WRs and focused on Jordan as everyone expected; little to no counter. Blitz'd us with no conscious? Little to no counter.

That was pretty close to the rough performance @CANE1775 talked about seeing from Malzahn at times.
Leach coached his team to a whopping 2 points against Kentucky.

This team folds Manny should go. We shall see what happens.

Advertisement
Back