Two directions

This team cannot collapse like it has in previous seasons. No excuses. Two weeks to prepare and we still saw the same Ol’ “stuff” coming off a bye week. Regroup and beat Pitt!!

Advertisement
That will be the true test.

The first step isn’t beating Clemson. The first step is beating ACC mediocrities consistently. This is a game we usually drop. Let’s see how we look.
Exactly. Anybody judging Manny and the staff off this game was being extremely unrealistic. How about we string together some consecutive ACC Coastal titles and take that small step toward becoming a contending program. Right now, GT, VT and UNC all look formidable

The first step isn’t beating Clemson. The first step is beating ACC mediocrities consistently. This is a game we usually drop. Let’s see how we look.
Harping on clumpson doesn't mean a thing. We fought and came up short. Like you said now comes the true test. The rebound. Our boys will show their heart. 9-3 wss a realistic expectation. We need to keep plugging away...

Our best chance for the season is to not have to play in the ACCCG against Clemson. Whatever happens beyond that wouldn’t be worse than watching us have to play them again.

To me in years past I was more worried that the players didn't believe any more and sulked while u will have that always this years attitude seems different. The worry for me is coaching when do they realize its enough. Mccloud running the opposite way of a te crossing his face and getting out angled. Harley and co with the drops and lack of separation. Carter needs to drop down to linebacker if he is gonna see alot of snaps. Jon ford needs to become a rotation lineman no pressure and not holding the run

Advertisement
There is a talent gap because Clemson has been a Top 5 team on the field for the past five years.

Our recruiting has exceeded our on-field performance over the same time span. The solution is to win the games you're supposed to and then recruit the players (like James Williams and Leonard Taylor) who are good enough to beat Clemson.
This is it right here and has been the whole time. Baby steps but first beat the ****** programs we keep losing to. We ***** about bags and such but reality is that we have recruited way above our weight this whole time. Imagine if we start winning 10 every year? Baby steps.

There is a talent gap because Clemson has been a Top 5 team on the field for the past five years.

Our recruiting has exceeded our on-field performance over the same time span. The solution is to win the games you're supposed to and then recruit the players (like James Williams and Leonard Taylor) who are good enough to beat Clemson.

How much of a talent gap does UNC have compared to Clemson? They managed to only lose by 1 point against them last year in Mack Browns 1st year with a freshman QB. Coaching is the biggest talent gap on our team... losing by 25 when it could’ve been by 40 if they wanted to isnt bc of talent.

I got obliterated last Sunday when I said that everyone who was overhyping this team and crowning is the sure bet to beat Clemson because we beat Two teams that we had beaten handily last season. We’re building culture and preparation processes. It’s going to take a little bit and hopefully Lashlee sticks so that Continuity is achievable. It’s obvious that we are MUCH better than last season, we lost some great leadership at LB and we’re finally seeing the gap in how slow the two new guys are. I just wish the staff would play talent over experience.

Advertisement
LSU- 33, Miami- 17

This game wasn't as close as the score. Miami was outclassed and outcoached. The national TV audience lost any respect it had gained for Miami.

After this loss, Miami went 13-12 over the next two seasons.

West Virginia- 70, Clemson- 33

This was the last game of Dabo's first good season. Clemson was embarrassed on national TV. They have gone 105-12 since.

It was not a straight shot. In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked miles away from the championship level. But they kept building. Last year, they beat FSU 45-14.

Miami's direction after this loss will depend on Manny. There was a talent gap on Saturday, but there was an even larger gap in preparation and discipline. The world is expecting Miami to return to form and lose to less-talented ACC teams. That has been the story for the last 15 years. The next six opponents are Pittsburgh, UVA, NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. We will know after that stretch.

Some will say, like they always do, that Miami can never come back. They usually point to a lack of resources to hire assistant coaches and attract recruits. But Miami has signed big-money coordinators the last two years and landed elite talents like Chaney, Knighton, James Williams and Leonard Taylor. You can't do that if you're a dead program.

Miami failed the first test. They didn't jump from worst to first. But the next test is more important and will be much more telling.
Excuses 101

If this team was well coached. It may not have won last night but it **** sure wouldn't have looked like the clown show it turned into.

This program has very few players with a lunch pale attitude and too many renegades. The coaching staff has done a **** poor job in turning this around.

If this team was well coached. It may not have won last night but it **** sure wouldn't have looked like the clown show it turned into.

This program has very few players with a lunch pale attitude and too many renegades. The coaching staff has done a **** poor job in turning this around.
I didn't want this to be true but it is.

It's the same team as last year but with a few better transfer players. Lashlee a slight upgrade on Enos.

The hype around UM coming into the Clemson game didn’t do us any favors. Their only losses the past few years have been when teams like Cuse caught them snoozing. No. 7 Miami who the whole country has watched for 3 weeks, Gameday in town, prime time ABC... we got their full attention, and it showed.

But your overall point I most certainly agree with. There is enough data by now to see that this defensive staff doesn’t coach up players. That means we gotta recruit better.
Or get a new coaching staff. What's makes you think they'll coach up players with better measures. If they doing the wrong things, they'll just do it wrong more efficiently.

Getting an entire roster that doesn't have to coach itself is an impossible hurdle to clear. Even Bama or Clemson can't do it. It took Venerables for Clemson to get where it is.

Advertisement
To me in years past I was more worried that the players didn't believe any more and sulked while u will have that always this years attitude seems different. The worry for me is coaching when do they realize its enough. Mccloud running the opposite way of a te crossing his face and getting out angled. Harley and co with the drops and lack of separation. Carter needs to drop down to linebacker if he is gonna see alot of snaps. Jon ford needs to become a rotation lineman no pressure and not holding the run
Personnel upgrade is still a hill to climb. Play out the yearrespectfully and the 21 class sticks. One more step closer. Tbe idea that this was going to get fixed overnighr is completely ignorant.

We always do this lol the calm down post the next day then next year another calm down post. We can win but we not beating tier 1 squads with the speed we have on defense. We ran around nebraska and that's what tier one teams will do to us. U give them the corner they are gone.

Miami got Clemson’s full attention.

My wife graduated there, we go to Clemson games a lot, I watch basically all their games.

Clemson was fired up for Miami. They slept walked against UVA last week, and UNC last year. The emotion level they played with was not eVen close to the same level.

They came into the game perceiving Miami as a threat.

Clemson played their A game. We played a C minus game. Their defense played so much harder vs. us than they did last week. Not even close.

With all that said if King makes a better decision than throwing that INT it would’ve been 21-13 in the 3rd.

We just need to be able to play against Pittsburgh.

Miami also extended Clemson first 2 drives with dumb penalties that would’ve gotten Clemson off the field.

it was 14-0, should’ve been 0-0. It was all Miami nothing Clemson did.

Technically if Roche doesn’t line off offsides, Miami would’ve gotten that ball around the 40 plus yard line. We got 2 first downs on the opening drive that would’ve put us in FG range right off the bat.

See how mistakes cost you points? We could’ve been up 3-0 early.
I agree I still believe the staff of ours came in with a lack of urgency, we should have had more stuff done on offense to off set that aggressiveness from Clemson.

Advertisement
Personnel upgrade is still a hill to climb. Play out the yearrespectfully and the 21 class sticks. One more step closer. Tbe idea that this was going to get fixed overnighr is completely ignorant.
Its not the personnel its choices you have avery huff sam brooks and amari Carter who is better suited at lb but yet we play Jennings who constantly hits the wrong hole and gets caught looking in the back field all the time. McCloud who in year 5 looks worse than year 1 taking horrible angles. Jordan Miller constantly applying pressure or hold the los but jon ford gets blasted at the line. Coaches need to play different guys I get u have to prove it in practice but guys perform on game days and that's what matters. If huff and co suck atleast put them on the field to further prove to urself why he doesnt play

Been saying this for 2 weeks now. And if we do come out like we have the last decade then Manny is not the guY and is done

Advertisement
Back