Two directions

Preparation may have been good leading up to the game but several players crapped the bed when they got punched in the mouth. Only one with BIG BALLZ was Bolden...and the only one that should go pro. Anyone else would be a flat out joke.

Manny again is at the cross roads and being questioned if he is the man for the job again and I'm looking forward to seeing how the season plays out. There's not another team we should lose to until you get to the final game against UNC. If we lose in-between, it's on Manny. If we don't, then perhaps, Manny has turned the corner as HC.

As for Baker, he's useless. Not sure what his value is to the program as he can't recruit and certainly can't put together a defensive scheme to remotely be competitive when you're in a marquee game with the #1 team in the land.

Onward and forward.

Advertisement
We haven’t recruited at the necessary level until this point despite some improvement; we can’t sign multiple quality cycles in one cycle; and we don’t have an answer at QB after King jumps ship. We are a period of years away before we can even consider competing.

Here are Clemson's recruiting rankings under Dabo before their first national title appearance:

2009- 36
2010- 27
2011- 10
2012- 20
2013- 15
2014- 16
2015- 9

The first time they had an average rating over 90 was 2016-- after they already made the title game. For comparison, Miami has gone over 90 two of the last three cycles.

That's not to say Manny will turn us into Clemson. Based on what he's shown, the odds are against him. Clemson benefited from superior evaluations and coaching.

But the blueprint is the same. Beat the bad teams consistently, recruit better players and then beat the good teams consistently.

We will lose to Unc Pitt and the Virginia schools!! Why do we continue to hire coaches who act like the smartest in the room yet they are made to look like the dumbest!!! Smh
Exactly....Manny has been choking since his days at Texas...team has no discipline....Lashlee did the same choke job when he faced this same team at Auburn...this staff is full of chokers...Dabo was a WR coach when he first took over.... Manny was a DC for years... There's a big difference..

Miami got Clemson’s full attention.

My wife graduated there, we go to Clemson games a lot, I watch basically all their games.

Clemson was fired up for Miami. They slept walked against UVA last week, and UNC last year. The emotion level they played with was not eVen close to the same level.

They came into the game perceiving Miami as a threat.

Clemson played their A game. We played a C minus game. Their defense played so much harder vs. us than they did last week. Not even close.

With all that said if King makes a better decision than throwing that INT it would’ve been 21-13 in the 3rd.

We just need to be able to play against Pittsburgh.

Miami also extended Clemson first 2 drives with dumb penalties that would’ve gotten Clemson off the field.

it was 14-0, should’ve been 0-0. It was all Miami nothing Clemson did.

Technically if Roche doesn’t line off offsides, Miami would’ve gotten that ball around the 40 plus yard line. We got 2 first downs on the opening drive that would’ve put us in FG range right off the bat.

See how mistakes cost you points? We could’ve been up 3-0 early.

Advertisement
The hype around UM coming into the Clemson game didn’t do us any favors. Their only losses the past few years have been when teams like Cuse caught them snoozing. No. 7 Miami who the whole country has watched for 3 weeks, Gameday in town, prime time ABC... we got their full attention, and it showed.

But your overall point I most certainly agree with. There is enough data by now to see that this defensive staff doesn’t coach up players. That means we gotta recruit better.

It bares repeating.....EVERYTHING I typed in my post and EVERYTHING that's been typed in this post is a symptom.

The disease lies one level up. Point the finger at the incompetent AD and apathetic BOT who don't give a real flying F about winning football games and make the decisions they make, which include hiring a first time head coach coming off 5 consecutive ****** hires.

Until this fanbase doesn't understand where the real vitriol needs to be pointed, NOTHING is going to change. The free pass this administration gets within the media is just disgusting. I don't blame Manny, he's a smart guy trying his **** hardest. He's a guy that did what ANY of us would have done, taken a promotion given to you by your employer.

I think we lose at bag one tech. On the road. Late season. It’ll be cold. We drop that one. Fuente has manny’s number big time. Unc at home will be a dog fight and I think we lose that one also. How we gonna cover those receivers? And don’t give the BC crap that they kept it close. We don’t have Jeff hafley scheming for us.

Here are Clemson's recruiting rankings under Dabo before their first national title appearance:

2009- 36
2010- 27
2011- 10
2012- 20
2013- 15
2014- 16
2015- 9

The first time they had an average rating over 90 was 2016-- after they already made the title game. For comparison, Miami has gone over 90 two of the last three cycles.

That's not to say Manny will turn us into Clemson. Based on what he's shown, the odds are against him. Clemson benefited from superior evaluations and coaching.

But the blueprint is the same. Beat the bad teams consistently, recruit better players and then beat the good teams consistently.

And Venables

Advertisement
He’s been here for 5 years already. Enough is enough. He’s weak. not a leader. I’m not hopeful there’s anything different this year. I fear shlt hits the fan and this team folds like they always do after a loss. Covid protects him and this situation will feel even more hopeless than Richt’s last year here.

Richt gave us a gift walking away and we spent that money paying Temple to get this rookie bozo. The incompetency of the administration knows no bound and us true fans will continue to suffer. These sunshine pumping fans have been conditioned to accept losses like last year. They believe last night’s performance was an improvement.

There’s no light switch here. Clemson took beaT downs while they were building. It happens.
The way out is by beating teams you should and using momentum to recruit. We’ve been winning 7 games a year and that won’t do it. If Miami starts winning 10 games a year we’ll be able to close the gap on the recruiting trail. Right now the games vs Pitt and UNC are much more important to the long term success of the program than games vs Clemson

Still more than half a season awaits us. The key now is we can't tank. Lick our wounds but come out fighting. Improvement is a process. If we regroup and play hard things should get better...
Last night was a reality check. We needed to play these guys to sober up about where we are as a team. But the biggest game(s) this year are against each of the teams left on our schedule... and yes lick our wounds and kick some *** tomorrow, and end the year respectfully.

2009- 36
2010- 27
2011- 10
2012- 20
2013- 15
2014- 16
2015- 9

I like this statistical perspective. I’m curious to see how many upperclassmen Clemson was losing early for the NFL (to only go undrafted or picked in very late rounds).

Speaking about beating inferior teams: Do you think Clemson beats us again next week when we limp into the game against Pitt? I don't know how a Manny Diaz team will recover from such a physical and mental beatdown in less than 7 days. Do we have the depth to sustain the attrition? Do we have the will to get up after cowering?

Advertisement
LSU- 33, Miami- 17

This game wasn't as close as the score. Miami was outclassed and outcoached. The national TV audience lost any respect it had gained for Miami.

After this loss, Miami went 13-12 over the next two seasons.

West Virginia- 70, Clemson- 33

This was the last game of Dabo's first good season. Clemson was embarrassed on national TV. They have gone 105-12 since.

It was not a straight shot. In 2013, Clemson lost 51-14 to FSU and looked miles away from the championship level. But they kept building. Last year, they beat FSU 45-14.

Miami's direction after this loss will depend on Manny. There was a talent gap on Saturday, but there was an even larger gap in preparation and discipline. The world is expecting Miami to return to form and lose to less-talented ACC teams. That has been the story for the last 15 years. The next six opponents are Pittsburgh, UVA, NC State, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. We will know after that stretch.

Some will say, like they always do, that Miami can never come back. They usually point to a lack of resources to hire assistant coaches and attract recruits. But Miami has signed big-money coordinators the last two years and landed elite talents like Chaney, Knighton, James Williams and Leonard Taylor. You can't do that if you're a dead program.

Miami failed the first test. They didn't jump from worst to first. But the next test is more important and will be much more telling.
The one alarming thing about this Miami team under Diaz and the last 2 years he has coached is they consistently make the same mistakes over and over again. Penalties, mental errors, targeting penalties over again with no change in sight. Players need some responsibility but Diaz and staff are responsible as well and this tells me Miami is not well coached. I hope Miami can rebound the rest of the way, but I definitely have my concerns about Diaz as HC.

still hearing the rebuilding excuse being thrown around in here...ok, yeah...a 20 year rebuild...just stop.
bottom line - we saw how the team handled adversity despite the seeming lack of a game plan and definite lack of adjustments....we WILL face adversity again this season...teams don't change their personalities mid-season...so I expect more heartache over the next 6 games for all of us.

I’ll say this: Clemson dominated us, and 50% of that was due to the talent disparity. So Manny can hide behind the ol’ ‘we don’t have enough good players’ line.

But as far as the rest of the season goes - nope. As many have pointed out, it will be all on Manny and it will tell me everything I need to know about him. We lost to Clemson. Ok, move on. Now go win out and accept nothing less.

Only maybe UNC or VT gives me concern but the rest should be 20+ point victories. Don’t want to hear any lack of talent excuses the rest of the way.

Get this **** team fired up and ready to play and finish strong so we can build off this momentum, or get the fvck out of here. If these guys come with that mopey pvssy &hit next week then I’m done with him.

Advertisement
Last night was a reality check. We needed to play these guys to sober up about where we are as a team. But the biggest game(s) this year are against each of the teams left on our schedule... and yes lick our wounds and kick some *** tomorrow, and end the year respectfully.
You're spot on Grunt. It's not one battle it's a war. No need to wallow in misery when their is an objective at hand. Which is improvement on last year. We knew we weren't going undefeated but you have to go in with that mindset. We took are *** kicking. So are we ready to fight? Only pussies fold there tent and move on. Just because you beat me one round doesn't mean im not trying to kick your *** the other 11. Now let's take are frustrations out on sPitt...

Where is the talent on DEFENSE? Manny has been the face of the defense for 5 years and 5 recruiting cycles yet we have zero homegrown impact players on defense? For a guy that built his resume on defense, how can there not be more talent on defense? He’s been here 5 fooking years lol
Insanity

Speaking about beating inferior teams: Do you think Clemson beats us again next week when we limp into the game against Pitt? I don't know how a Manny Diaz team will recover from such a physical and mental beatdown in less than 7 days. Do we have the depth to sustain the attrition? Do we have the will to get up after cowering?

That will be the true test.

The first step isn’t beating Clemson. The first step is beating ACC mediocrities consistently. This is a game we usually drop. Let’s see how we look.

Advertisement
Back