TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

A win against a sorry team and now we found Gold.

NC St is a sorry team? I see you are one of those "if UM beats a team, then it means that team wasn't good" type of mopes. NC St was the #6 defense in points allowed coming into the game. Its fair to caution against getting too excited after one game but to claim NC St is a bad team makes it look like you are either incredibly biased or don't understand football.

funny.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deep ball is not actually very good yet and too often if throwing to read 2 or beyond his feet and body are still ready to throw to read 1 rather than resetting. If he cleans those up you very well may be right. Progression from one game to the next is very encouraging

As long as it's on a rope, he has a decent deep ball. His lollipop throw gets batted down or flat out intercepted on the first TD I believe.

He really didn't throw anything underneath in the center of the field. One of our TD's was basically the same throw as the one that got tipped and intercepted last game and it barely made it over the DL again. Whatever player of theirs it was started to get his hands up.

He played better, but he needs to use all the field and get his release point higher. The OL, they played better for sure in pass protection.

NCSU did a poor job of getting their hands up. They lost two big pieces of their defense early and are down their three best players. Who cares though as you play what they've got.

Decent game. Very nice velocity on his out routes. Ball gets there in a hurry.

NC St is a sorry team? I see you are one of those "if UM beats a team, then it means that team wasn't good" type of mopes. NC St was the #6 defense in points allowed coming into the game. Its fair to caution against getting too excited after one game but to claim NC St is a bad team makes it look like you are either incredibly biased or don't understand football.

funny.gif

They're definitely not a bad team, but that defense was missing its three top performers for the vast majority of the game.

Advertisement
So wins 1 game and now he is the best QB in ACC next year. I dont know which is worse....this thread or the thread saying Knighton is close to Dalvin Cook.
didnt TVD throw 3 ints last week and lose the game?

Will the kid be better than Malik Rosier, Kirby Freeman or some of the other Bozos we have had over the years. Sure! But crowning him this earlier isn't going to do any good and he will more than likely not live up to those expectations. All we need from him is to be serviceable. Anything else should be a pleasant surprise.

What is the obsession with this board and crowning players after a couple of flashes? TVD is going to be top 3 in the country next year and Knighton is Dalvin Cook 2.0 we should have no problem winning a natty next year when Saban comes down to coach for us

Advertisement

funny.gif
I love the Canes and actually played D1 for another alum. I have just seen the hype of players to only discard them a yr later ..... Spencer Rattler. If you think TVD will take us to the chip game or ever be considered great is ..... NC state is not in the top 25 wtf

Advertisement
Honestly, I’m just happy we are having this discussion.

wether you like him, hate him or neutral at least we ain’t saying…..

****, we in trouble at the QB spot. Kid can’t throw 10 yds down the field, gets rattled under pressure, cannot escape the pocket to save his ***, cannot lead this team and makes horrible decisions.

Kid went out there, stated some facts, backed them up with a great performance and led the team to victory.

what’s not to like?

I love this kid, but lets pump the brakes. He played well but D’eriq went 31-41 430 yds 5 td 0 int against this same team on the road last year. Now people are trying to throw dirt on him because we rushed him back and failed.

Lashlee is still his offensive coordinator and has his own limitations.

The big thing is it took them half a season but the offensive line isn’t a complete nightmare like early in the year. Giving the young guys a chance to grow now.

We are giving him more short options and using Rooster out of the backfield. We need to keep adjusting and speed up the progression. There are still too many instances where he gets flushed looking at the backs of receivers. The short passing game is improving, though.

TVD and Garcia are solid talents and I am happy to have them. We still need more out of Lashlee. He can’t take weeks and months to adjust when teams start to catch up with his offense and he needs to be proactive in preparing for that inevitability.

He’s got SWAG and smarts and accuracy. That was a good D.
We may have a star in the making.
This is all that needs to be said. He completed over 75% of his attempts yesterday, threw a very catchable ball, had 4 TDs and what impressed me most was his pocket awareness. Wasn’t perfect, but was better than anyone I can remember in the last 4-5 seasons.

It was one really good game at home against a solid defense. There are reasons for optimism, and I like where he’s headed because he actually has a good amount of room for improvement.

Advertisement
Justin Herbert's Career Passing numbers at Oregon

View attachment 158918

Not exactly earth shattering. I recall his senior season being a bit underwhelming and the reason why he wasn't looked at as the no doubt number one overall. Even though most scouts thought he was the best QB prospect in the draft.

Definitely count me as one who is luke warm on Mario as the next HC for Miami.

Really? What exactly do you recall about his senior season that reflects on his ability or Mario's coaching?

Joe Burrow had too good a year statistically and with the championship for anyone to surpass him as #1 QB prospect, but otherwise Herbert was #1b to anyone being objective.

Last edited:
Really? What exactly do you recall about his senior season that reflects on his ability or Mario's coaching?

Joe Burrow had too good a year statistically and with the championship for anyone to surpass him as #1 QB prospect, but otherwise Herbert was #1b to anyone being objective.

Some underwhelming performances down the stretch in big games including the big loss to Az St that eliminated them from playoff contention. ND is left on the outside looking in if Oregon goes 11-1. Couple other low percentage and/or low yardage days.

1635110858884.png

As long as it's on a rope, he has a decent deep ball. His lollipop throw gets batted down or flat out intercepted on the first TD I believe.

He really didn't throw anything underneath in the center of the field. One of our TD's was basically the same throw as the one that got tipped and intercepted last game and it barely made it over the DL again. Whatever player of theirs it was started to get his hands up.

He played better, but he needs to use all the field and get his release point higher. The OL, they played better for sure in pass protection.

NCSU did a poor job of getting their hands up. They lost two big pieces of their defense early and are down their three best players. Who cares though as you play what they've got.

Decent game. Very nice velocity on his out routes. Ball gets there in a hurry.
Some decent points here but a few things should be revised. The TD to Rambo to start the was high ball to avoid the unblocked blitzer of the edge from his back foot. It was impressive as I saw it live from the stands. As for short routes over the middle he hit Rooster on an angle route. Lastly, the pick on the tip pass at NC was because LB beat the OL and was a foot from him when he threw it. Go back and watch

Advertisement
Back