TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

The Svengali

Sophomore
He’s flashing as a freshman, and showing you everything you want in a QB after only 4 starts. He’s building on every game and getting better and better and better. Has grown leaps and bounds in 3 weeks, from the UVA game to now. That tells me he’s studying a lot and watching lots of film.

Also, he’s big, strong, athletic, mobile, huge arm…shows strong leadership traits, can make every throw, can make plays on the move, poised and confident, throws a great deep ball…has a next play mentality “mindset”...doesn’t have happy feet. Reminds me of Josh Allen.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!

I know many if you are Garcia fans, and want him to be QB1, but thats not going to happen next season TVD is going to easily win that job next year…he’s a game changing QB. He’s a difference maker that will need to be reckoned with.

Advertisement
His progression from the UVA game to now is reason for optimism. I wasn't able to watch last night, just caught the condensed game on YouTube but from what I did see he played well.

There will continue to be growing pains, but what better time to take them than during a lost season? You're point about him playing under pressure can't be overstated; many freshmen QB's would **** their pants in some of the situations TVD has been in, especially behind our OL. But he's stepped up and made key plays in big moments of each game so far.

I'm not crowning him, it's way too early for that, but he checks a lot of the boxes for me. I really hope he continues this trajectory throughout the rest of the season and the offense rallies around him.

Advertisement
Deadass.... I legit saw this cerebal assassin look on his eyes out there. We were comparing him and Garcia and their "moxie and IT" factor.
I was wrong. They both have it, but his moxie and confidence reminded me of this one NCST QB I couldn't stand and would talk **** and back it up a lot. Went on to the NFL and had thirty thousand children while playing for SD/LA and Indy.
TVD has that kind of swag. Not saying he is as good as him before the downvote brigade comes in, saying his confidence, moxie and swag reminds me a little of Phillip Rivers. Someone who can talk the talk and back it up.

Here we go let's name one of the best players in the NFL compare him to that. Then have everyone sip the koolaid and when he doesn't perform to that capacity destroy the next staff. News flash he's not Josh Allen......he's ok ha ain't no first rounder. The announcers last week said he was highly touted....highly touted my ***.

Advertisement
Deadass.... I legit saw this cerebal assassin look on his eyes out there. We were comparing him and Farcia and their "moxie and IT" factor.
I was wrong. They both have it, but his moxie and confidence reminded me of this one NCST QB I couldn't stand and would talk **** and back it up a lot. Went on to the NFL and had thirty thousand children while playing for SD/LA and Indy.
TVD has that kind of swag. Not saying he is as good as him before the downvote brigade comes in, saying his confidence, moxie and swag reminds me a little of Phillip Rivers. Someone who can talk the talk and back it up.
He reminds me exactly of a young Phillip Rivers...Spot on @djnellz

Deep ball is not actually very good yet and too often if throwing to read 2 or beyond his feet and body are still ready to throw to read 1 rather than resetting. If he cleans those up you very well may be right. Progression from one game to the next is very encouraging
He needs to go away and work with a proper QB coach over the winter.

The confidence / moxie / 'IT' factor is there in abundance though.

He’s flashing as a freshman, and showing you everything you want in a QB after only 4 starts. He’s building on every game and getting better and better and better. Has grown leaps and bounds in 3 weeks, from the UVA game to now. That tells me he’s studying a lot and watching lots of film.

Also, he’s big, strong, athletic, mobile, huge arm…shows strong leadership traits, can make every throw, can make plays on the move, poised and confident, throws a great deep ball…has a next play mentality “mindset”...doesn’t have happy feet. Reminds me of Josh Allen.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!

I know many if you are Garcia fans, and want him to be QB1, but thats not going to happen next season TVD is going to easily win that job next year…he’s a game changing QB. He’s a difference maker that will need to be reckoned with.
Even his throwing motion looks cleaner since the UVA game and not as low.
He has had the intangibles (determination and confidence) and tangibles (height, arm strength, athleticism) all along. Now he’s learning to make the right decisions. he has the ability to take over games.

Advertisement
Let’s see how he does once teams can build some film on him. Not downing the kid but you’ve seen it with DJ at Clemson, Rattler at OU, and many others. Once a DC gets a beat on you and takes away what you are great at how can you become great at what your not good at. Just lower your expectations for now because it’s still too early

Here we go let's name one of the best players in the NFL compare him to that. Then have everyone sip the koolaid and when he doesn't perform to that capacity destroy the next staff. News flash he's not Josh Allen......he's ok ha ain't no first rounder. The announcers last week said he was highly touted....highly touted my ***.
D you trippin bro. You not thinking clearly.TVD still has a chance to IMPROVE. He is a FRESHMAN! And you right he aint josh allen TVD a mother****in hurricane!!!

And btw he was highly touted. A top 10 QB I believe coming out of high school.

Advertisement
The part you touched on I definitely was impressed with is his ability under pressure and how he seems to play his best in the 4th quarter. The sample size is still too small and I would love to see Garcia out there at some point, but I'm highly encouraged by TVD so far.

He needs to go away and work with a proper QB coach over the winter.

The confidence / moxie / 'IT' factor is there in abundance though.
There’s no reason he can’t work with someone to raise his release point. That will hold him back.

Advertisement
Back