TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

Let’s see how he does once teams can build some film on him. Not downing the kid but you’ve seen it with DJ at Clemson, Rattler at OU, and many others. Once a DC gets a beat on you and takes away what you are great at how can you become great at what your not good at. Just lower your expectations for now because it’s still too early
I think DJ at Clemson was a victim of the recruiting stars hype machine. Having watched several of his games, TVD is already a better passer. Heck, Clemson has scored 21 points or less in four straight games.

Advertisement
True. I like what I’m seeing from the kid 2nd half of the last two games and the NCST game
Since you are from Detroit you may remember another former baseball player who played QB for UM (Univ of Michigan); Drew Henson.
he was a stud at Michigan but chose to play baseball after his junior year and signed with the Yankees. Which in turn gave an opportunity to a less heralded back up named Brady. That turned out OK for that Brady guy

He has a short memory and doesn't lack confidence but, like the entire team, would really benefit from a new staff. I'd love to see what Mario would do with him having experience with Herbert for 4 years.

Justin Herbert's Career Passing numbers at Oregon

1635088890953.png

Not exactly earth shattering. I recall his senior season being a bit underwhelming and the reason why he wasn't looked at as the no doubt number one overall. Even though most scouts thought he was the best QB prospect in the draft.

Definitely count me as one who is luke warm on Mario as the next HC for Miami.

Advertisement
He’s flashing as a freshman, and showing you everything you want in a QB after only 4 starts. He’s building on every game and getting better and better and better. Has grown leaps and bounds in 3 weeks, from the UVA game to now. That tells me he’s studying a lot and watching lots of film.

Also, he’s big, strong, athletic, mobile, huge arm…shows strong leadership traits, can make every throw, can make plays on the move, poised and confident, throws a great deep ball…has a next play mentality “mindset”...doesn’t have happy feet. Reminds me of Josh Allen.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!

I know many if you are Garcia fans, and want him to be QB1, but thats not going to happen next season TVD is going to easily win that job next year…he’s a game changing QB. He’s a difference maker that will need to be reckoned with.
Also worth noting the reaction of his teammates after the came, they literally ambushed him. That shows me the believe in him and want him to succeed.

Since you are from Detroit you may remember another former baseball player who played QB for UM (Univ of Michigan); Drew Henson.
he was a stud at Michigan but chose to play baseball after his junior year and signed with the Yankees. Which in turn gave an opportunity to a less heralded back up named Brady. That turned out OK for that Brady guy
You're close. Henson backed up Brady in 98 but did play in a number of games. In 99 Brady started, Henson played the 2nd quarter for the first 6-7 games then Brady became the full time QB for the rest of the season. Henson was not the starter until 2000 after Brady had left

Advertisement
Even his throwing motion looks cleaner since the UVA game and not as low.
He has had the intangibles (determination and confidence) and tangibles (height, arm strength, athleticism) all along. Now he’s learning to make the right decisions. he has the ability to take over games.
His throwing motion mostly looks the same to me. He has a huge arm, but makes some decisions very late. His #1 priority should be whatever it takes to improve processing the info in front of him. Some of that is just experience, obviously.

Justin Herbert's Career Passing numbers at Oregon

View attachment 158918

Not exactly earth shattering. I recall his senior season being a bit underwhelming and the reason why he wasn't looked at as the no doubt number one overall. Even though most scouts thought he was the best QB prospect in the draft.

Definitely count me as one who is luke warm on Mario as the next HC for Miami.
As a Cuban, i'd say Manolo already filled the quota. No Mario please...

I told y’all he was the truth. He’s a true QB. Someone was trying to argue King was better. He’s not. As he gets more experience TVD will only get better. I saw it during the UNC game second half. The potential is there for a special QB, he needs a new coaching staff though. Also, don’t underrate the addition of Knighton to this offense he will be playing on Sundays. Sadly, him and TVD might save his job.

Advertisement
Here we go let's name one of the best players in the NFL compare him to that. Then have everyone sip the koolaid and when he doesn't perform to that capacity destroy the next staff. News flash he's not Josh Allen......he's ok ha ain't no first rounder. The announcers last week said he was highly touted....highly touted my ***.
I usually agree with you Dwin, but TVD was highly touted in a way. Clemson haa a 4 star QB that had to play yesterday and TVD beat him for player of the year in Connecticut if I remember correctly. He was a 4 star rated at or higher than Garcia's rating.

As far as the announcers last night, they also called James Williams the number 4 rated outside linebacker out of high school, making no mention of the fact he was the number 1 ranked Safety

He has to show he can make tight window throws more often. Remember the UVA game, he hit Rambo on a square in, right as Rambo came out of the break. It was TIGHT. He starts making those throws more consistently then yes, sky is the limit. But yea let’s just settle down a bit and enjoy the growth. Next week is another test on the road.

Advertisement
The kid has really grown on me. I was concerned that he was a slow processor but he's looking more and more comfortable and decisive each week. The manner in which he has progressed from UVA to last night is remarkable, particularly under these circumstances which are not ideal.

He also seems incredibly bright, mature, and studious. Reminds me of both Dorsey and Kaaya in that regard.

Deadass.... I legit saw this cerebal assassin look on his eyes out there. We were comparing him and Garcia and their "moxie and IT" factor.
I was wrong. They both have it, but his moxie and confidence reminded me of this one NCST QB I couldn't stand and would talk **** and back it up a lot. Went on to the NFL and had thirty thousand children while playing for SD/LA and Indy.
TVD has that kind of swag. Not saying he is as good as him before the downvote brigade comes in, saying his confidence, moxie and swag reminds me a little of Phillip Rivers. Someone who can talk the talk and back it up.
Love the comparison here and totally agree with it...throws a lot like him

Advertisement
Back