TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

I saw less crappy throws as he had a bunch last time, so that improvement alone is huge.. Was a huge turn off for me when he is groundballing check down throws, if he improves that leaps and bounds from week to week with more experience, is he gonna save Diaz job?! :oops:

Advertisement
Deadass.... I legit saw this cerebal assassin look on his eyes out there. We were comparing him and Garcia and their "moxie and IT" factor.
I was wrong. They both have it, but his moxie and confidence reminded me of this one NCST QB I couldn't stand and would talk **** and back it up a lot. Went on to the NFL and had thirty thousand children while playing for SD/LA and Indy.
TVD has that kind of swag. Not saying he is as good as him before the downvote brigade comes in, saying his confidence, moxie and swag reminds me a little of Phillip Rivers. Someone who can talk the talk and back it up.
Phillip Rivers for OC/ QB coach?

I am most certain that a lot of posters here do not understand what we have with TVD.

We haven’t had a QB like this in a very long time. Kids absolutely everything you want in a QB. Proof is in the film. Break it down and factor in how little experience he has to this point.

Great job in whoever recruited him. If that’s Manny himself, then I give him credit for that.

He doesn't have enough babysitters

I am most certain that a lot of posters here do not understand what we have with TVD.

We haven’t had a QB like this in a very long time. Kids absolutely everything you want in a QB. Proof is in the film. Break it down and factor in how little experience he has to this point.

Great job in whoever recruited him. If that’s Manny himself, then I give him credit for that.
Wasn't Enos here when he was recruited?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here we go let's name one of the best players in the NFL compare him to that. Then have everyone sip the koolaid and when he doesn't perform to that capacity destroy the next staff. News flash he's not Josh Allen......he's ok ha ain't no first rounder. The announcers last week said he was highly touted....highly touted my ***.
idk what these guys are watching. they’ll never learn.

huge improvement yesterday
he has all the tools including LEADERSHIP
team respects him
Pittsburg defense away next week will be a great baptism

Advertisement
I don't know about all of that. Of course I hope you're right tho. I will say this. He's getting more comfortable and I'm getting more comfortable with him being our permanent starter whether Garcia is hurt or not. Now of course, I need more than 2 good games.

Deadass.... I legit saw this cerebal assassin look on his eyes out there. We were comparing him and Garcia and their "moxie and IT" factor.
I was wrong. They both have it, but his moxie and confidence reminded me of this one NCST QB I couldn't stand and would talk **** and back it up a lot. Went on to the NFL and had thirty thousand children while playing for SD/LA and Indy.
TVD has that kind of swag. Not saying he is as good as him before the downvote brigade comes in, saying his confidence, moxie and swag reminds me a little of Phillip Rivers. Someone who can talk the talk and back it up.
This is actually a really great comparison.

Throwing motions are different, but everything else you said is spot on.

I don’t see the “athleticism” that people are raving about. He seems to take forever to get up to top speed, and is more of a lumberer than a runner, which reminds me of Rivers.

He is intelligent, though. I think that this is a very underrated trait in a QB, and may be the most important one. I think this allows him to overcome some of his athletic shortcomings.

There is definitely no denying that when he sets his feet and has time, he has a howitzer for an arm. The TD throw to Rambo was a bullet. I’m shocked that he caught it. The 3rd down pass to Mallory on the last drive was also a dime thrown on a rope.

I will say that too many times he had clean pockets with plenty of time to throw, and ran himself out of the play. At other times, Lashlee rolled him out unnecessarily, and he seemed uncomfortable doing it. Hopefully these are all growing pains.

I will say that he played his best game by far, and threw some dimes. His touch on the wheel route to Knighton was superb. Also hit Mallory in stride on his TD catch.

If Restrepo would have held on to his diving attempt on that deep route in the first half, he would have been close to 400 yards passing.

All in all, I was encouraged by what I saw from him. If he continues to improve at a rapid rate, we may have a player. Will be exciting to see him and Garcia battling it out next spring.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!
My stepfather and I were talking about this the other night. It's unfair to make comparison to the great Miami QB's, but both of us agreed he seemed to have a lot of Gino Torreta in him, the arm strength in particular.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back