TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

Wayne Knight Laughing GIF

Advertisement
Back briefly. People wanted to cut my head off before seasons start because I said, King was not a QB and that Garcia should be our starter or TVD. It's well documented. Not one to say I told you so, but I told you non football aptitude MF'ers! We got to move on from guys who have showed they suck for years and play the better freshman studs.

Former baseball players always have a little lower delivery and release point. TVD will continue to improve on this and looks better just since the UVA game.
To your point, Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen were also former baseball players lower delivery and release points, but fixed it in an offseason, with a QB coach

I am most certain that a lot of posters here do not understand what we have with TVD.

We haven’t had a QB like this in a very long time. Kids absolutely everything you want in a QB. Proof is in the film. Break it down and factor in how little experience he has to this point.

Great job in whoever recruited him. If that’s Manny himself, then I give him credit for that.
Wasn’t he enos guy?

Advertisement
Back briefly. People wanted to cut my head off before seasons start because I said, King was not a QB and that Garcia should be our starter or TVD. It's well documented. Not one to say I told you so, but I told you non football aptitude MF'ers! We got to move on from guys who have showed they suck for years and play the better freshman studs.
You did speak to not starting King - mostly if I recall, you were calling for García to be the starter in multiple posts not so much TVD.

Advertisement
I admit I doubted tvd
Then I saw the interview and changed my mind cuz I assumed he was a shy introvert kind of guy
But he showed swag and he’s the first qb here in a long time who backed it up and didn’t lay an egg
His numbers were elite this game
He he plays like this for the rest of they year
We’re looking at another year of manny

I LOVE how this kid is coming along. But, I'm a Jimmy Johnson disciple in the regard that once the off-season hits everything he did during it means SQUAT! He and EVERY man on the team should have to win his starting position again or lose it.

Curious who the QBs are next year. The ACC had starting QBs returning for all but Duke this year.. next year should be a lot of turnver

Atlantic
Travis
DJ U - ?
Leary - solid
Jurkovic - NFL talent
Shrader - Cuse average
Louisville - Cunningham (does he have another year?)
Hartman with Wake

Coastal
Armstrong - very good
Pitt - ?
UNC - ?
TVD
VT - Burmister have another year? he sucks with no one behind him
Simms - very talented, needs his hear on right
Duke - below average

So I would say ACC QBs in 2021 go

Jurkovich
Armstrong
TVD
Leary
Sam Hartman - Wake
Simms
Cunningham
?
?
?

Curious who the QBs are next year. The ACC had starting QBs returning for all but Duke this year.. next year should be a lot of turnver

Atlantic
Travis
DJ U - ?
Leary - solid
Jurkovic - NFL talent
Shrader - Cuse average
Louisville - Cunningham (does he have another year?)
Hartman with Wake

Coastal
Armstrong - very good
Pitt - ?
UNC - ?
TVD
VT - Burmister have another year? he sucks with no one behind him
Simms - very talented, needs his hear on right
Duke - below average

So I would say ACC QBs in 2021 go

Jurkovich
Armstrong
TVD
Leary
Sam Hartman - Wake
Simms
Cunningham
?
?
?
Jurkovich will enter the draft.

Armstrong might go to.

TVD will be the guy in the ACC next season and one of the best in America

Advertisement
He's clear as day getting better. Can't knock the kid at all for that, because it means he's taking the coaching he's getting and working very hard.

He's starting to look impressive, and I love his intangibles.

As was said earlier, I'd love to see what he could do with a top QB coach and OC in an offensive system that really knows how to take advantage of his skillset.

He’s flashing as a freshman, and showing you everything you want in a QB after only 4 starts. He’s building on every game and getting better and better and better. Has grown leaps and bounds in 3 weeks, from the UVA game to now. That tells me he’s studying a lot and watching lots of film.

Also, he’s big, strong, athletic, mobile, huge arm…shows strong leadership traits, can make every throw, can make plays on the move, poised and confident, throws a great deep ball…has a next play mentality “mindset”...doesn’t have happy feet. Reminds me of Josh Allen.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!

I know many if you are Garcia fans, and want him to be QB1, but thats not going to happen next season TVD is going to easily win that job next year…he’s a game changing QB. He’s a difference maker that will need to be reckoned with.
How so? Are we gonna have a top OL?

You can't have an elite QB without at least a decent OL.

Advertisement
His progression from the UVA game to now is reason for optimism. I wasn't able to watch last night, just caught the condensed game on YouTube but from what I did see he played well.

There will continue to be growing pains, but what better time to take them than during a lost season? You're point about him playing under pressure can't be overstated; many freshmen QB's would **** their pants in some of the situations TVD has been in, especially behind our OL. But he's stepped up and made key plays in big moments of each game so far.

I'm not crowning him, it's way too early for that, but he checks a lot of the boxes for me. I really hope he continues this trajectory throughout the rest of the season and the offense rallies around him.
Excellent post. Very well stated.

Advertisement
Back