TVD will be the best QB in the ACC next year, and a top 3 QB in CFB

Curious who the QBs are next year. The ACC had starting QBs returning for all but Duke this year.. next year should be a lot of turnver

Atlantic
Travis
DJ U - ?
Leary - solid
Jurkovic - NFL talent
Shrader - Cuse average
Louisville - Cunningham (does he have another year?)
Hartman with Wake

Coastal
Armstrong - very good
Pitt - ?
UNC - ?
TVD
VT - Burmister have another year? he sucks with no one behind him
Simms - very talented, needs his hear on right
Duke - below average

So I would say ACC QBs in 2021 go

Jurkovich
Armstrong
TVD
Leary
Sam Hartman - Wake
Simms
Cunningham
?
?
?
UNC has a highly ranked prospect freshman QB in Drake Maye. I remember when they landed him that we talked briefly on here about Mack turning the Howell success into Maye.

Advertisement
Here we go let's name one of the best players in the NFL compare him to that. Then have everyone sip the koolaid and when he doesn't perform to that capacity destroy the next staff. News flash he's not Josh Allen......he's ok ha ain't no first rounder. The announcers last week said he was highly touted....highly touted my ***.
Newsflash. He's a rsh freshman. Unless you have some magic crystal ball, his future is yet to be determined.

It's just foolish to crown any young player as 1st round draft pick. There's only 32 of them and so much can happen before they are draft eligible. However, to pick apart a young player deciding what his ceiling can be after a few games into his college career is also foolish. Time will tell what TVD becomes.

As a freshman, he checks a lot of boxes and shows the traits you want and need to become a great QB. He has an opportunity to continue to grow and determine his own ceiling and fate. Not one that any fan places upon him.

Last edited:
I think DJ at Clemson was a victim of the recruiting stars hype machine. Having watched several of his games, TVD is already a better passer. Heck, Clemson has scored 21 points or less in four straight games.
There are only 2 teams in college football that haven't scored over 21 points against an FBS school. Arizona is one of them at 0-7 and even losing to FCS Northern Arizona. Clemson is the other at 4-3.

If Clemson didn't have such a good defense, they're probably 1-6 or 2-5 right now. They're looking like a hot mess and I love ❤ it!!!! I hope they're players check out and they lose 2-3 more games losing to Louisville, Wake Forest, and South Carolina to finish at 6-6. It would be wonderful to see them humiliated, going to a meaningless bowl game against a MAC, C-USA or Sun Belt school.

FSU at Clemson this week. I wish both teams could lose. I'd rather have FSU lose to kill any momentum they think they have going into November before our big showdown November 13th.

Last edited:
He's clear as day getting better. Can't knock the kid at all for that, because it means he's taking the coaching he's getting and working very hard.

He's starting to look impressive, and I love his intangibles.

As was said earlier, I'd love to see what he could do with a top QB coach and OC in an offensive system that really knows how to take advantage of his skillset.
I think Lashlee is starting to learn what he has at QB. Here's hoping they both progress together, because if they do we might have something special.

Advertisement
I think Lashlee is starting to learn what he has at QB. Here's hoping they both progress together, because if they do we might have something special.
After watching Roman Marciante, I am even more impressed with TVD. He's already throwing with anticipation, reading defenses and using his eyes to manipulate them. He has all the physical skills, but it’s the cerebral and leadership skills that impressed me even more.

Last edited:
Question: The oline has actually looked better. Is this because TVD is getting rid of the ball faster, making the right reads, etc. better than King? -or- Did the line just get better?

252 You’re a great poster on this site, but I’m telling you now, you’re wrong on this one. TVD is the real deal. He’s starting to show everything and he’s only a freshman with 4 starts.

I don’t just see a guy that’s going to be a great CFB QB, I see a guy with big time NFL tools. I will go so far as to say he’s a cant miss prospect.

I never ever hype up players but I think TVD s special. I think he’s going to be a big time Pro. He Reminds me of Josh Allen.
I agree he has NFL potential, but he doesn't have Josh Allen's insane athleticism. For me the closest comparison to a current or recent pro QB in style and skillset would be Ryan Tannehill. Big, not going to juke anyone but can run when he needs to, strong arm but also can show good touch on his passes, confidence and willingness to make the hard passes.

Last edited:
Glad that he was able to shake the first half jitters against the Wolfpack. I was assuming a lot of his first half accuracy issues were due to nerves. His release is weird and kind of slow and he sidearm passes that negate his height advantage but he definitely has a lot going for him. Really nice touch on medium deep and deep passes. He almost always gives the receivers a chance to make a play or at least draw a PI penalty. Nice awareness on pre and post snap reads. He’s not fast but he’s got really good pocket awareness and can elude a rusher without pulling the ball down and trying to run. The thing that really shocks me is that he runs the zone read much better than D’Eriq King. He’s nowhere near the athlete but he makes the right read and can pick up positive yardage if he keeps it. You have to love his confidence and the fact that his teammates are all in with him. I’m not one to crown a guy or give up on a guy too early but there’s been a lot of positive growth from TVD and you have to like that.

Advertisement
Can we not Crown him until atleast after Saturday's game geesh yall love drinking up all the koolaid before the season is over lmao.. don't get me wrong but I'm still not impressed but yall go ahead and celebrate and overrated nc state win lmao

Glad that he was able to shake the first half jitters against the Wolfpack. I was assuming a lot of his first half accuracy issues were due to nerves. His release is weird and kind of slow and he sidearm passes that negate his height advantage but he definitely has a lot going for him. Really nice touch on medium deep and deep passes. He almost always gives the receivers a chance to make a play or at least draw a PI penalty. Nice awareness on pre and post snap reads. He’s not fast but he’s got really good pocket awareness and can elude a rusher without pulling the ball down and trying to run. The thing that really shocks me is that he runs the zone read much better than D’Eriq King. He’s nowhere near the athlete but he makes the right read and can pick up positive yardage if he keeps it. You have to love his confidence and the fact that his teammates are all in with him. I’m not one to crown a guy or give up on a guy too early but there’s been a lot of positive growth from TVD and you have to like that.
That's wat I'm saying stop crowing so early let him develop more especially against a stout pitt defense. and then we'll come back to intangibles lmao.. he still gotta a lot of games left to play.. next up pitt and kancy company..

^Nicely done. This is one of the best and most accurate assessments that has been posted, IMO.

Advertisement
He’s flashing as a freshman, and showing you everything you want in a QB after only 4 starts. He’s building on every game and getting better and better and better. Has grown leaps and bounds in 3 weeks, from the UVA game to now. That tells me he’s studying a lot and watching lots of film.

Also, he’s big, strong, athletic, mobile, huge arm…shows strong leadership traits, can make every throw, can make plays on the move, poised and confident, throws a great deep ball…has a next play mentality “mindset”...doesn’t have happy feet. Reminds me of Josh Allen.

But what jumps out at me is this: He plays very, very well under pressure, doesn’t get rattled, isn’t afraid of the moment, and he plays even better in the 4th quarter. A playmaker that wants the ball in his hands!

I know many if you are Garcia fans, and want him to be QB1, but thats not going to happen next season TVD is going to easily win that job next year…he’s a game changing QB. He’s a difference maker that will need to be reckoned with.
Ummah pump the brakes I said the same thing about Jarren Williams after the Florida game…. Gotta protect my Heart 🧡💚… Let it play out… be patient

TVD looked good on Saturday... I guess his shedding a tear at the end of the UNC game wasn't a sign of weakness but just passing emotions.
He's a freshman so there's a lot of growing and improving... should be good news in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
After watching Roman Marciante, I am even more impressed with TVD. He's already throwing with anticipation, reading defenses and using his eyes to manipulate them. He has all the physical skills, but it’s the cerebral and leadership skills that impressed me even more.

I was arguing with a poster In the game thread z, he said TVD’s deep ball is suspect and Rambo had to fair catch that. I was like that was a perfect fade and my dude stared down pressure and stepped into it. People have been hating on him but he’s made some crazy throws the last few weeks , especially for his experience.

I was arguing with a poster In the game thread z, he said TVD’s deep ball is suspect and Rambo had to fair catch that. I was like that was a perfect fade and my dude stared down pressure and stepped into it. People have been hating on him but he’s made some crazy throws the last few weeks , especially for his experience.
After watching Roman diagnose TVD, I feel like TVD is an advanced QB for a rsh freshman. He's looking off the safties which is something freshman and even upper class QBs don't do. He's also going thru pre snap reads figuring out mismatches and blitzes as pointed out by Roman. He has all the physical tools. He just needs game experience to continue to improve.

I'm very excited about the future even if Garcia were to somehow beat out TVD for the QB1 job. In either case, we're going to have an elite QB for the next 3 years.

It will be interesting to see what Garcia does depending on how TVD performs for the rest of the season. I would expect a competition in the Spring, but if TVD continues to play at an elite level, I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia transfers at the end of the semester to get in on Spring ball at another school. I would love to have both guys, but it’s not going to happen more than 1 season and perhaps not even that.

It's a good problem to have and I think it solidifies our 2022 QB if Diaz doesn't get fired because Jaccuri Brown would rsh in 2022, be the backup to TVD in 2023, and the likely starter for 2024.

There are only 2 teams in college football that haven't scored over 21 points against an FBS school. Arizona is one of them at 0-7 and even losing to FCS Northern Arizona. Clemson is the other at 4-3.

If Clemson didn't have such a good defense, they're probably 1-6 or 2-5 right now. They're looking like a hot mess and I love ❤ it!!!! I hope they're players check out and they lose 2-3 more games losing to Louisville, Wake Forest, and South Carolina to finish at 6-6. It would be wonderful to see them humiliated, going to a meaningless bowl game against a MAC, C-USA or Sun Belt school.

FSU at Clemson this week. I wish both teams could lose. I'd rather have FSU lose to kill any momentum they think they have going into November before our big showdown November 13th.
Surely you want a signature win for Norvell so he's harder to fire?

Advertisement
Back