TRob interview interesting

Advertisement
Not as big of a problem as it used to be with the portal. Mario (if true) would absolutely rack up. Roster management would be tricky.. but we'd just be heavy upperclassmen for a bit (see Mich St).
Who's in the portal? Mostly bums.......I want superior NFL talent. That kid bama took from Tennessee those are difference makers. Phillips that's a difference maker. Rambo he will body little ACC squads. I want dudes that can do that vs top competition.

Advertisement
Who's in the portal? Mostly bums.......I want superior NFL talent. That kid bama took from Tennessee those are difference makers. Phillips that's a difference maker. Rambo he will body little ACC squads. I want dudes that can do that vs top competition.
We all should agree to this. You don't sign bodies just to take them. Leave as many spots open as needed & target kids as they hit the portal. Plenty more will leave between now and next spring.

Oh really? Like what? I listened to the interview twice. I think you are reaching.

This what happens when you do a lousy job recruiting cornerback position in quality and quantity.

TRob was very professional in the interview.
I LOVE TRob. Am bummed for him.

I started the thread bc I saw it this morning on the bleacher feed. my bad.

Wanted to simply get takes on TR at this point of the season and possibly moving forward.

I loved the hire, love the guy.

Want him to stay desperately, no matter the coaching situation.

Just thought it interesting that he mentioned a possible constraint on his influence - CMD.

Coulda coach spoke right around that by not mentioning it at all.

Am I reading too much into it?

I certainly hope so.

Advertisement
Animation Loop GIF by Pierre-Julien Fieux

We all should agree to this. You don't sign bodies just to take them. Leave as many spots open as needed & target kids as they hit the portal. Plenty more will leave between now and next spring.
100%

I mean we’ve found a couple of good players in the portal. Obviously Phillips was a great get for us

But I think we all know it’s not ideal

Advertisement
Remember at the same time a stud goes into the portal it's basically recruiting against the elites again. So if a Dalvin Cook hits the portal u think we going to out recruit bama for him? It's basically the same thing.....I don't like that we have to get ok kids from the portal. And it's ashame that alot of the time basic portal kids are better than our regular players we recruited. To me that's unacceptable for any HC

Wanted to simply get takes on TR at this point of the season and possibly moving forward.

Just thought it interesting that he mentioned a possible constraint on his influence - CMD.

I certainly hope so.
I hope TRob is retained and DVD that's it. No one else

Advertisement
Ts is 50/50. Hes getting better every week , the experience of playing cb is showing. If he keeps getting better he might play himself up further in the draft , but he’s not leaving if it’s not the first couple rounds
You think TRob comes back?

I certainly hope so.
I think you’re reading too much into it and it’s what we all do at times. I take these pressers with a grain of salt. These guys are asked questions with no heads up and have to answer off the cuff. Sometimes the answers are revealing. Most times not. Players and coaches that have been around a while - like TRob - are bit more adept at deflection than some greenhorn.

Advertisement
Back