Travis Homer SR HL

Advertisement
Kid looks pretty **** good but not elite in the Cook, Collins or Duke mold. Not as good as Sony either. More in the Yearby range, doesn't have the quickness of vision like Yearby but more of a game breaker. It's a kid you take and figure it out later, you never have enough backs.

Advertisement
Best back in the state?

A buddy of mine who coached against Homer called him a tougher Lamar Miller:

[HUDL]athlete/3344348/highlights/316677375/[/HUDL]

Having only watched this video, doesn't look like Lamar Miller at all. Looks like Tre Mason, the Auburn guy.

Advertisement
I dont think he is as fast as Walton. The thing he does the best is set up thw blocks ans also goes where the play supposed to go. Some of these kids you havento hold off on judging them. Put them in a college weight room and its boom. This guy runs lile Damien Berry to me, solid player. This is a small private school. My friends nephew is on the team.

Tre Mason is the right comparison. He probably wont be a Heisman finalist but you can win a championship with a Tre Mason at RB.

Everybody wants to compare him to elite talents, but he isn't that. He is, however, a really **** good talent and there's nothing wrong with that.

Valid, you must have an eye infection.

Valids right... Homers SPARQ numbers dont match his tape...go look at Robert BUrns highlights and look at the explosion and difference.. Homers tape looks average his SPARQ numbers look amazing

Best back in the state?

Having only watched this video, doesn't look like Lamar Miller at all. Looks like Tre Mason, the Auburn guy.

The only way I can see where a Lamar Miller comparison came from is that Homer has really nice straight line open field speed. But he's not of Lamar's caliber. No where close to the same acceleration.

I haven't really watched any other RB's highlights, but I see this more like Vern and Valid. I can't imagine he is anywhere close to being the best back in the state. If that were true, this must be an enormously down year for RB's in Fla.

My take (just an "ok" RB):
- He runs hard, and has great top end speed. Also looks like he might be good catching the ball out of the backfield. But that's where the positives end for me.

- Doesn't accelerate particularly well, and doesn't look very agile. Not a good combination for picking your way through holes. Also doesn't seem to have great vision as he runs with his head down through traffic, and yet doesn't really run "low".

Comparing to Cook, is like having amnesia to what he was like. No where close to Collins either (I loved his tape too).
I don't think Homer could ever hope to get to Mark Walton's level. That's how I see him. Just ok. Runs hard, but not a high ceiling.

Advertisement
Isn't Homer only 17 as well? A lot of these kids in HS are already 18-19 years old, seems like he's going to have room to mature quite a bit more physically.

Valid, you must have an eye infection.

Valids right... Homers SPARQ numbers dont match his tape...go look at Robert BUrns highlights and look at the explosion and difference.. Homers tape looks average his SPARQ numbers look amazing

Best back in the state?

The only way I can see where a Lamar Miller comparison came from is that Homer has really nice straight line open field speed. But he's not of Lamar's caliber. No where close to the same acceleration.

I haven't really watched any other RB's highlights, but I see this more like Vern and Valid. I can't imagine he is anywhere close to being the best back in the state. If that were true, this must be an enormously down year for RB's in Fla.

My take (just an "ok" RB):
- He runs hard, and has great top end speed. Also looks like he might be good catching the ball out of the backfield. But that's where the positives end for me.

- Doesn't accelerate particularly well, and doesn't look very agile. Not a good combination for picking your way through holes. Also doesn't seem to have great vision as he runs with his head down through traffic, and yet doesn't really run "low".

Comparing to Cook, is like having amnesia to what he was like. No where close to Collins either (I loved his tape too).
I don't think Homer could ever hope to get to Mark Walton's level. That's how I see him. Just ok. Runs hard, but not a high ceiling.

We must have been watching a different video. Kid has legit speed and was able to hit the hole and go. Not sure what you saw.

I really don't see the Tre mason comparison. Dude is a big kid at 5"11.

I like the Mike James, with more athleticism, comparison.

Advertisement
I really don't see the Tre mason comparison. Dude is a big kid at 5"11.

I like the Mike James, with more athleticism, comparison.

It's not a comparison of size. It's a comparison of running style. He runs nothing like Mike James.

I like how he's gotten so much better over time. He really hits the hole hard. With a RB, the worst thing you can do is hesitate. It takes an elite RB to be able to do that and get away with it.

Good frame, good size, good speed. He's a nice player. Lacks the wiggle to truly be an elite back, but he's a nice player.

He reminds me of a bit faster Mike James. Keep in mind everything with James played up because of the type of character he had and played with.

I'd put him at a nice, high 3-star, low 4-star talent. He's a take, but he's not an elite player. Elite is reserved for the top-5% in the country. I don't see that level. More like ~80th percentile, which is very good.

This kid looks to be a 5'11- 205-210 kid...lot of these comparisons are off imo. He's a big time prospect....not Lamar Miller, bigger than Tre Mason already now. Doesn't cut it stuck hole like an Arrion Foster. Mike James maybe a good comparison but he may actually have more top end speed than James

I dont think he is as fast as Walton. The thing he does the best is set up thw blocks ans also goes where the play supposed to go. Some of these kids you havento hold off on judging them. Put them in a college weight room and its boom. This guy runs lile Damien Berry to me, solid player. This is a small private school. My friends nephew is on the team.

Much faster than walton.

Advertisement
Back