Travis Homer SR HL

This kid looks to be a 5'11- 205-210 kid...lot of these comparisons are off imo. He's a big time prospect....not Lamar Miller, bigger than Tre Mason already now. Doesn't cut it stuck hole like an Arrion Foster. Mike James maybe a good comparison but he may actually have more top end speed than James

You people are comparing size when many people are talking about running style. We can all agree that we know the difference in size between Homer and Tre Mason. Comparisons in size are mostly worthless. We have no idea how Homer's body will mature. He may be 5' 10" or 5' 11" and 225 by the time he's getting consistent carries. In my opinion, what is more valuable is taking a look at how RBs actually run. Are they one cut backs? Are they squatty? Do they run with forward lean?

Mike James was 5' 11" 225 and made his living off whatever foot quickness he could muster. In fact, most prospect discussions around him were about how surprisingly quick/light his feet were and how patient of a runner he showed to be.

Homer flashes upfield explosion, the ability to move laterally, and looks to run in a squatty, low-center-of-gravity style. He could be 6' 9" and if he ran that way, it'd make more sense to me to compare him to another guy who ran that way than to Luol Deng.

Read what i wrote....i didnt really write on his running style in regards to Mason. Looking back on it he runs similar style to him...and they are actuaally cool off the field. So there in could lie the reason...maybe trained together. I was just stating the size different. I know he didnt have Lamar Miller running style, or Foster's. His style is more similar to Mike James/ Tre Mason. Those are guys with jump cuts, nice squeeze ability to holes, and low pad level when running.

Homer is my 2nd fav recruit in the class.

Advertisement
This kid looks to be a 5'11- 205-210 kid...lot of these comparisons are off imo. He's a big time prospect....not Lamar Miller, bigger than Tre Mason already now. Doesn't cut it stuck hole like an Arrion Foster. Mike James maybe a good comparison but he may actually have more top end speed than James

You people are comparing size when many people are talking about running style. We can all agree that we know the difference in size between Homer and Tre Mason. Comparisons in size are mostly worthless. We have no idea how Homer's body will mature. He may be 5' 10" or 5' 11" and 225 by the time he's getting consistent carries. In my opinion, what is more valuable is taking a look at how RBs actually run. Are they one cut backs? Are they squatty? Do they run with forward lean?

Mike James was 5' 11" 225 and made his living off whatever foot quickness he could muster. In fact, most prospect discussions around him were about how surprisingly quick/light his feet were and how patient of a runner he showed to be.

Homer flashes upfield explosion, the ability to move laterally, and looks to run in a squatty, low-center-of-gravity style. He could be 6' 9" and if he ran that way, it'd make more sense to me to compare him to another guy who ran that way than to Luol Deng.

Read what i wrote....i didnt really write on his running style in regards to Mason. Looking back on it he runs similar style to him...and they are actuaally cool off the field. So there in could lie the reason...maybe trained together. I was just stating the size different. I know he didnt have Lamar Miller running style, or Foster's. His style is more similar to Mike James/ Tre Mason. Those are guys with jump cuts, nice squeeze ability to holes, and low pad level when running.

Homer is my 2nd fav recruit in the class.

I know. You were talking about size. Some of us were talking about style. That's the distinction I wanted to make. Homer is likely going to be pretty **** big by his sophomore year in college. I think he's a solid recruit and underrated.

I think his ruling style will transition greatly into college. He’s a patient runner and very hard to bring down, hits the whole quick

I think the lamar miller comparison is a good one

Advertisement
Homer will be a great RB for us.

He's gonna make all of you haters eat crow. Kid is the real deal.

Advertisement
Back