Travis Homer SR HL

I really don't see the Tre mason comparison. Dude is a big kid at 5"11.

I like the Mike James, with more athleticism, comparison.

It's not a comparison of size. It's a comparison of running style. He runs nothing like Mike James.

I don't think he runs like Tre mason either. Tre mason is a shifty, side to side guy. He looks more like a one cut and go type.

Advertisement
reminds me of one of my favorite RBs ever......Cadillac Williams!

Know its saying alot, but I think Homer will be our most talented RB the day he steps on campus

I really don't see the Tre mason comparison. Dude is a big kid at 5"11.

I like the Mike James, with more athleticism, comparison.

It's not a comparison of size. It's a comparison of running style. He runs nothing like Mike James.

I don't think he runs like Tre mason either. Tre mason is a shifty, side to side guy. He looks more like a one cut and go type.

I have no idea what you've seen from Tre Mason. I couldn't disagree more about the shifty running style you've seen.

Here are some other people's thoughts on Mason:

Low center of gravity and pad level. Quick out of the blocks. Good vision to pick and slide. Can jump-cut abruptly and change the angle of pursuit. Darts through holes -- excellent stop-and-start quickness. Spins off contact. Forward lean. Runs bigger than his size and finishes runs.

He's a one-cut back, using good vision and strong legs to create yards. He's tough to tackle and versatile enough to return kicks. He's a skilled pass-blocker, as well.

Pros

- Incredible conditioning. Carried the ball 75 times in two weeks, and ran as hard on the 75th carry as he did on the 1st.
- Stout build (5-foot-9, 205 pounds), powerful lower body, and good balance mean he can run through arm tackles, and finish runs strongly for good YAC.
- Patient yet decisive runner. "One Cut and Go" running style
- Good speed
- Strong down-field blocking when asked to do so.

POSITIVES:Possesses a high-cut frame and a powerful lower body. Unlike many "smallish" backs, the compactly-built Mason doesn't waste a lot of time dancing behind the line of scrimmage. Quick feet. He's a decisive, one-cut runner who attacks the hole, whether it comes as a running back or as a returner. He shows vision in setting up blocks while on the move rather than attempting to make defenders miss with agility.

I dont think he is as fast as Walton. The thing he does the best is set up thw blocks ans also goes where the play supposed to go. Some of these kids you havento hold off on judging them. Put them in a college weight room and its boom. This guy runs lile Damien Berry to me, solid player. This is a small private school. My friends nephew is on the team.

Much faster than walton.
Ur tripping

This kid looks to be a 5'11- 205-210 kid...lot of these comparisons are off imo. He's a big time prospect....not Lamar Miller, bigger than Tre Mason already now. Doesn't cut it stuck hole like an Arrion Foster. Mike James maybe a good comparison but he may actually have more top end speed than James

You people are comparing size when many people are talking about running style. We can all agree that we know the difference in size between Homer and Tre Mason. Comparisons in size are mostly worthless. We have no idea how Homer's body will mature. He may be 5' 10" or 5' 11" and 225 by the time he's getting consistent carries. In my opinion, what is more valuable is taking a look at how RBs actually run. Are they one cut backs? Are they squatty? Do they run with forward lean?

Mike James was 5' 11" 225 and made his living off whatever foot quickness he could muster. In fact, most prospect discussions around him were about how surprisingly quick/light his feet were and how patient of a runner he showed to be.

Homer flashes upfield explosion, the ability to move laterally, and looks to run in a squatty, low-center-of-gravity style. He could be 6' 9" and if he ran that way, it'd make more sense to me to compare him to another guy who ran that way than to Luol Deng.

Advertisement
Mark Walton ran a laser timed 4.63 at the Opening 2014.
Travis Homer ran a laser timed 4.5 at the Opening in 2015.

Mark Walton had a vertical leap of 31.3.
Travis Homer had a vertical leap of 40.5.

Travis is both faster, and more explosive of an athlete.

I dont think he is as fast as Walton. The thing he does the best is set up thw blocks ans also goes where the play supposed to go. Some of these kids you havento hold off on judging them. Put them in a college weight room and its boom. This guy runs lile Damien Berry to me, solid player. This is a small private school. My friends nephew is on the team.

Much faster than walton.
Ur tripping

Homer clocked in at a 4.47 laser time and walton is a 4.6 guy.

UbZMEPF.jpg

oiIQDcb.jpg

These are their times from the Nike Spark.....Homer is reasonably faster

Advertisement

If you're implying that (40 time and vertical) means Homer is a better prospect, then WR's would be all the best ones.

Man this kid could start next year.

Hits the hole like a young Gore but cuts are smooth and quick like Portis.

I haven't seen a Miami back that refuses to go down like he does in a while. Everything is north.

If you're implying that (40 time and vertical) means Homer is a better prospect, then WR's would be all the best ones.

He said he was faster...

Advertisement

He said he was faster...

If that's all, then I agree as well. No question Homer is faster in the open field. Don't think there's much difference around the LOS though, and Walton looks to have better lateral quickness to me.

IMO Homer will be a good back in an offense that provides nice running lanes. Overall I don't think he's quite as good as Walton.

He said he was faster...

If that's all, then I agree as well. No question Homer is faster in the open field. Don't think there's much difference around the LOS though, and Walton looks to have better lateral quickness to me.

IMO Homer will be a good back in an offense that provides nice running lanes. Overall I don't think he's quite as good as Walton.

I'm sorry but Homer is a better prospect too. Way better. The only thing that Walton brings to the table more than any other running back is heart, Homer eclipses him in speed, agility, explosiveness, vision, strength.

He said he was faster...

I'm sorry but Homer is a better prospect too. Way better. The only thing that Walton brings to the table more than any other running back is heart, Homer eclipses him in speed, agility, explosiveness, vision, strength.

I'd agree with you on Speed and Strength. Walton definitely has the edge in Agility and Vision. Explosiveness is close to a wash.

Anyone have video on Homer only playing against stiff competition? I saw a white lady going for a walk with her daughter just outside the end zone in one clip. :monkey-serious:

Advertisement

He said he was faster...

I'd agree with you on Speed and Strength. Walton definitely has the edge in Agility and Vision. Explosiveness is close to a wash.

Anyone have video on Homer only playing against stiff competition? I saw a white lady going for a walk with her daughter just outside the end zone in one clip. :monkey-serious:

Homer had only this year of normal Miami competition, Every other year was pretty weak. But that being said he looks to be real deal. Pretty much every week you can expect over a hundred yards on a low amount of carries. Some receptions out of the backfield. A couple huge break away runs. And a couple touchdowns. Too me he's a complete back. Like I said before I believe he will be our Christian McCaffery. I like Walton but for me it's always been an uphill battle for him. He has to try so hard to get ten yards. While Homer makes touchdowns look effortless.

He isn't near Dalvin Cook fast (who is?), but I think people are underrating Homer's speed. I didnt see him get caught from behind too often.

He said he was faster...

If Homer averages less yards per carry thed Walton did this year we in twouble... I was never impresses with Walton running the ball even in high school.... Now catching the ball out of the backfield? He is elite

Last edited:
hOMER PLAYED SOME GOOD COMPETITION THIS YEAR.

hE BROKE OFF ON Carol City who is loaded with speed and div 1 talent in the back 7.

Advertisement
Back