Travis Homer SR HL

Very nice back - but he doesn't pop off the screen like cook did. Then again, very few do.

Advertisement
Best back in the state?

A buddy of mine who coached against Homer called him a tougher Lamar Miller:

[HUDL]athlete/3344348/highlights/316677375/[/HUDL]

Nice back.
Glad we got him.
However, I like the other commit from South Dade better.
That Hamilton kid seems to have more wiggle on his runs.

I think it will translate better at the next level.
Can't go wrong with either.

Dalvin Cooks come along once a decade, that's elite RB talent (like fournette, chubb)
Collins and cook were huge misses at that position

You just named 3 once in a decade guys all playing college football right now but I agree with those guys being a class above. When I saw his tape Alex Collins actually came to mind so my thought was that he fits on the Alex Collins, Sony Michelle, Ezekiel Elliot level (I personally think all those guys are really good just not elite). Just trying to get some context since I don't get to see these guys live.

Advertisement
Homer and Fils-Aime are the best backs in the state this year, IMO. And I think there's a big dropoff after those two.

Yes D$, best RB in state. Originally had Fils-Aime as best in state even after Homer committed but The Opening showed me enough, he was the best RB during most of the drills. He was RB MVP I believe the first two days. Have had Homer as best in state since then, he has played against a few legit defenses his senior year and he showed up to play. One of the youngest kids in this class, was only 16 at The Opening going up against kids mostly 17-18-19 years old.

Elite Athleticism. Huge biceps. Legit speed as well and ability to run between the tackles.

Legit 5'11" almost 200.
Clocked an electric 4.48 at the local Miami Nike Combine.
38" vertical
4.03 twenty yard shuttle
Had the highest SPARQ score at the local Nike Combine, 126.51

He showed during The Opening that he has great ability within the passing game during the 7on7 portion.

He's legit. He has proven himself this year.

My main concern was competition for him the moment we got him. He answered that for me this year easily. I speak with his mom a bit as well, very good humble family he comes from. He is 100% committed to Miami.

Top 5 RB national type of talent and I believe a site or two have bumped him into that range over time. This kid was virtually unknown a year ago. Camps do help!

Last edited:
Yes D$, best RB in state. Originally had Fils-Aime as best in state even after Homer committed but The Opening showed me enough, he was the best RB during most of the drills. He was RB MVP I believe the first two days. Have had Homer as best in state since then, he has played against a few legit defenses his senior year and he showed up to play. One of the youngest kids in this class, was only 16 at The Opening going up against kids mostly 17-18-19 years old.

Elite Athleticism. Huge biceps. Legit speed as well and ability to run between the tackles.

Legit 5'11" almost 200.
Clocked an electric 4.48 at the local Miami Nike Combine.
38" vertical
4.03 twenty yard shuttle
Had the highest SPARQ score at the local Nike Combine, 126.51

He showed during The Opening that he has great ability within the passing game during the 7on7 portion.

He's legit. He has proven himself this year.

My main concern was competition for him the moment we got him. He answered that for me this year easily. I speak with his mom a bit as well, very good humble family he comes from. He is 100% committed to Miami.

Top 5 RB national type of talent and I believe a site or two have bumped him into that range over time. This kid was virtually unknown a year ago. Camps do help!

Well dam im convinced...those numbers are surprising..he doesnt look that explosive on some of those runs... I might be wrong on this one

Advertisement
just looks like "a guy" to me....not really impressed with him or Hamilton. I understand its a down year in the state....save those scholarships for 2017. We have enough backs next year with Yearby, Walton, Gus, and Gray.

just looks like "a guy" to me....not really impressed with him or Hamilton. I understand its a down year in the state....save those scholarships for 2017. We have enough backs next year with Yearby, Walton, Gus, and Gray.

Disagree.
I think every class has to account for at least one player per position.
One cannot overlook a position and assume it can be recruited the following year.

Back to these RBs, I think Fils-Aime highlights are the most impressive.
I like his balance and speed.

Advertisement
For those saying he's a jag, have you watched his film? He shows excellent speed, agility, athleticism..etc. Geo is correct, dude is a baller, elite athleticism

Both him and Hamilton look great. No idea how they aren't both 4 stars on every site.

For those saying he's a jag, have you watched his film? He shows excellent speed, agility, athleticism..etc. Geo is correct, dude is a baller, elite athleticism

watched it many times and I don't see anything special. When I watch for example Cook's highlights or Duke's.....the talent was obvious. with this guy, I just don't see it

Advertisement
There are three things I look for a back on tape that isn't convoluted by inferior talent.

1. Time from getting the handoff to hitting the hole. This kids tape is excellent on that.
2. YAH (made up term, but similar to YAC for receivers, this judges Yards after Hit). If this tape is linear in timeline, then it is more impressive, as he was going down easy on first contact much earlier in the tape, but started getting much better (3:16 was a steam rolled - irony). This kid is getting much better as he gone if linear.
3. Hitting the extra gear in the open field. This kid's tape shows he has an extra gear, no doubt.

Two intangibles I liked:
1. Looked like he had pretty good hands in the field routes he received.
2. Like the after TDs, just hand to ball to the ref. Shows maturity and humbleness.

Only time will tell, but I like the eye tests.

Both him and Hamilton look great. No idea how they aren't both 4 stars on every site.

Hamilton would get more hype but some are blinded by his star ranking. If you don't see stud watching his film I don't know what you're looking at. Same with Homer

Advertisement
Back