Travis homer 2018 expectations

The incoming true FB recruit should help with the run blocking. This was missing last season.

In Richt's tenue are UGA did he ride with one workhorse RB or was he more 'by committee'? Homer is the more experienced running back, and clearly the starter. The starter also needs to be able pick up pass protection. If a back struggles with this responsibility they will get fewer carries.

Depends on your definition of a committe, just at a quick glance from his time at Georgia. When having a healthy stable of running backs, Richt will usually let one back get roughly 40-50% of the lions share, the second back get roughly 20-25%, and the 3rd and 4th backs about 10-15% a piece.

We have four very capable backs in Homer, Dallas, Lingard, and Davis. I could see the distribution being:

Homer 42%
Lingard 20%
Dallas 17%
Davis 10%
QB: 8%
Other: 3%

Richt's 2014 had a two FR (Chubb, Michel), SO (Douglas), and JR (Gurley) which is similar to the makeup we have (two FR, one SO, one JR). That UGA stable got about 461 of 555 total carries between each other.

We rushed the ball about 435 times as a team in 2016 and 414 times last year, but I'm going to chalk that up to poor depth. Say we get about 480 rushes as a team this year, the above percentages equate to:

Homer - 201
Lingard - 97
Dallas - 82
Davis - 48
QB - 38
Other RBs - 14

There are few implications here. First is that Homer is first in-line at the table. I gave Lingard more carries, but that's because I believe that DeeJay will get more touches in the pass game....he's that dynamic. QB rushing numbers seem low compared to Rosier running 138 times last year, but I think Rosier is not going to be our starter for majority of the games and I think Richt doesn't want our young QBs (either Jarren or Perry) to get banged up.

Advertisement
There are worse comparisons but Pittman was 225 with some of the biggest juice-fueled biceps I've ever seen.

True, but I think Homer has pretty big arms for his size, he runs bigger than he is, and I bet he gets to around 215 when he gets to the Nfl. They both run through tackles, don’t have a lot of wiggle, hit the hole hard, and run exactly the same way. Homer is obviously a lot more explosive.

800yrds rushing 300yrds receiving. That's bullish with DJ and others. Would be a great season. Might be more if his QB protection is that much better than the rest. He'll be on the field more is the logic. Love Travis' game. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

You are right! They also covered, "How to respond to an internet moron", which I have successfully applied in your case. The quote is courtesy of Ben Franklin. By the way, just to help you along, he's not related to, Aretha Franklin.

Yeah, I know from whom you borrowed it. Hence my assertion that you copied and pasted it. Clearly, the humor went over your Google. That's next week.

Hopefully, this offense features multiple players putting up numbers.

My expectation for Homer is >1,000 yards, >6 yards per carry and >10 TDs. He is one of the better backs in the country.

He's a murderer between the 20s, now the question is will the OL and addtions at FB help us in the RZ. The points we left on the field was criminal.

Advertisement
Yeah, I know from whom you borrowed it. Hence my assertion that you copied and pasted it. Clearly, the humor went over your Google. That's next week.

Humor? Now that's rich, although yet again, not funny! That is not the first time I've witnessed the word humor being used inappropriately. You must think Carrot Top is a laugh/riot. Hey, the main thing is you are entertaining yourself. Be well.

I'm expecting 200 att 1,200 yd 10 TD range for Homer. I think Homer's ypc will be at 6.0+, but his total yards will depend on how many carries Dallas/Lingard get.

Humor? Now that's rich, although yet again, not funny! That is not the first time I've witnessed the word humor being used inappropriately. You must think Carrot Top is a laugh/riot. Hey, the main thing is you are entertaining yourself. Be well.

What's entertaining about you, Earnest, and your little ***gy routine is your obsessed with the appearance of humor, hence borrowing material from good old Benjamin. When forced to respond using your brain, your responses are beyond lame. FYI Judge Judy isn't a real judge, so don't go around town thinking you're a lawyer.

Advertisement
What's entertaining about you, Earnest, and your little ***gy routine is your obsessed with the appearance of humor, hence borrowing material from good old Benjamin. When forced to respond using your brain, your responses are beyond lame. FYI Judge Judy isn't a real judge, so don't go around town thinking you're a lawyer.

The intellectually starved homophobes always resort to the *** accusation, because they have dreams of playing for the other team, but don't have the courage of their own convictions.

Here again, your Judge Judy/lawyer analogy makes no sense, but at least you are consistent.

As ole Bennie Franklin once said: "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

Have a nice day and GO CANES!

Anything less than 1st Team All ACC is going to be a massive let down. He should be running all over the conference. Feed him.

Anything less than 1st Team All ACC is going to be a massive let down. He should be running all over the conference. Feed him.

I'm fine with RB by committee. I think he'll be the guy we count on the most since he is the only one that has Brown's complete trust (by which i'm pretty sure he means that Homer has blitz pickups down pat). I see him getting 15 rushes per game for 180 attempts in the regular season plus another 30 in the postseason. 210 total attempts, 1200 yards rushing, 10 TDs.

Advertisement
With DeeJay beasting up to SEC weight, RB competition is going to be more like the old days. Homer is hard nose and I think hangs onto starter by carries might be issue. Passing game cannot allow defenses to stack the box like the end of the year. All that said, Homer goes for 1000 plus. Oh, three TO chains this year.

Advertisement
What do yall think he runs?

He pulls away from defenders effortlessly.

I think he’s one of those guys that plays at a 4.3 level but will test at 4.45-4.5 range.

I love that Homer can attack you with his power and have the ability to run away from people. I also think that giving him less carries might make him more efficient.

Advertisement
Back