Travis homer 2018 expectations

Advertisement
What games were you watching? In 13 games we failed to have a back break 100 yards 9 times, and 4 times nobody broke 50. We ranked 79th in rushing yards per game and much of that was due to early success with QB keepers on zone reads. Those became less effective as the season wore down and teams started keying Rosier. Take away his 468 yards rushing and we would have ranked 115th in rushing yards per game. We were 101st in 2016, and 118th in 2015. Anyone who thinks our "improvement" running the ball last season was due to some marked improvement in O-line play is delusional. Travis Homer had 849 yards with 3 games to play and ended up with 966. I don't know how someone who ended last season averaging 39 yards per game is going to somehow average the 107.7 it would take to tally 1400 next season.
Those team rushing statistics are abysmal. I appreciate the fact that we have seen notable improvement in the 2 seasons Richt has been here but that needs to continue and we need to see more improvement and I mean significant improvement. Part of that was stocking the cupboard with several Miami caliber backs and we have done that. The next step is putting together an OL that can truly anchor and be the foundation for a potent UM offense and that is still a work in progress.

I honestly think that we are much closer than people realize but it is always the darkest just before dawn and we could see some rough spots this season. Some of these kids just need to be baptized by fire and go through the struggle. That is the only way for many of them to develop as quickly as possible. I will say that I fully expect this OL to be much better at the end of the year than what we will see to begin the season. The question is whether or not the offense can overcome the inevitable early season OL struggles and score enough to give us a chance to win.

Those team rushing statistics are abysmal. I appreciate the fact that we have seen notable improvement in the 2 seasons Richt has been here but that needs to continue and we need to see more improvement and I mean significant improvement. Part of that was stocking the cupboard with several Miami caliber backs and we have done that. The next step is putting together an OL that can truly anchor and be the foundation for a potent UM offense and that is still a work in progress.

I honestly think that we are much closer than people realize but it is always the darkest just before dawn and we could see some rough spots this season. Some of these kids just need to be baptized by fire and go through the struggle. That is the only way for many of them to develop as quickly as possible. I will say that I fully expect this OL to be much better at the end of the year than what we will see to begin the season. The question is whether or not the offense can overcome the inevitable early season OL struggles and score enough to give us a chance to win.

Loose Cannon's use of statistics is idiotic. Total rushing yards per game is utterly meaningless. GT could put up 220 rushing yards against us and that would still be a HUGE WIN for our defense. What matters is YPC. Homer dominated in that category putting up 6 ypc.

Loose Cannon's use of statistics is idiotic. Total rushing yards per game is utterly meaningless. GT could put up 220 rushing yards against us and that would still be a HUGE WIN for our defense. What matters is YPC. Homer dominated in that category putting up 6 ypc.
I certainly agree with your argument that total rush yards a game is not as significant as yards per carry, and that Homer had an excellent season. However, I also maintain that there is much improvement to be made before we can begin to refer to our rushing attack in general as "dominant".

It’s a completely meaningless claim made by loose cannon. You know how many times Saquan barkley failed to reach over 100 yards rushing in a game within the last 2 years? ALOT
55BF304E-E154-49A3-AE29-547E5FA4006E.png

Advertisement
Everything is fine. Ranking 79th in rushing yards per game (115th when you exclude QB runs) is right where we want to be. No need to be concerned with the O-line or running game.

Attachments

• EBC3DE92-7A29-4F15-B410-561D55CD386B.jpeg
    EBC3DE92-7A29-4F15-B410-561D55CD386B.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
This split carry bs. How well were the carries split prior to Walton going down? How was it after he went down? The backup wasn't taking nothing from the starter. 1200 to 1400 yards should be where he lands when the dust settles.

Advertisement
This split carry bs. How well were the carries split prior to Walton going down? How was it after he went down? The backup wasn't taking nothing from the starter. 1200 to 1400 yards should be where he lands when the dust settles.

Deejay Dallas has something to say about that

I am a huge Homer fan and his matriculation through UM will remind everyone of Clinton Portis when its all said and done. Portis was lukewarm in 99 and 00' sharing the backfield with James Jackson then busted out in 2001. Had a great year, left early..was a 2nd round pick and went on to have a solid-good NFL career.

Homer shared the backfield last year and I expect him to breakout and come into his own this year. Starting with the LSU game. If the offseason numbers he put up during testing or even 90% true he is gone after this year. That is easily a 2nd round grade type testing for a RB. Add to that a good-great year stat wise and its a wrap.

Advertisement
Our OL was god awful in short yardage situations. They consistently sucked...... HARD

I really hope the young pups on OL and Realus George can change that in 2018 or we are in for a long season

My expectations are he's at the Heisman award ceremony after the season. This kid is the hardest worker on the team and he's going to be the focal point of our offence. The only thing that may slow his Heisman run is DJ getting goal line carries. Keep in mind last year he was productive without having a fullback. This kid is going to be special.

We ran for 1916 last year. Even if we increase that number to 2200, there is no way Homer runs for 1400 even if he's great.

Advertisement
Back