Travis homer 2018 expectations

Homer has 1400+ yard ability. However, Brown and Richt will employee a committee and not run their RBs to the ground before they get to the league, like Bama does.

With a competent line, I could see him topping 1100 yards on the ground and 1300+ from scrimmage.
Good take

Advertisement
Very Bullish on Homer and we all should be. For the life of me i don't know how anyone can think Homer isn't an upper echoleon college FB back. He runs hard and FINISHES runs, he catches the ball out of the backfield, he is explosive, he DID dominate in a lot of games this year, he blocks well. Homer is more of a complete back than Duke IMO and people around here crown duke. So what they Homer negative. The kid basically went for a G in 8 games with a bad run blocking Oline.

Also Homer will get about 3 carries to anyone elses 1 carry. I love Deejay too, but he is not taking carries away from Homer. I'm excited about Lingawd too, but he is not taking carriers away from Homer. TH24 isn't going to get less carriers or opportunity than he did last year and those opportunities will actually go up this year.

Love the way Homer stepped up when we all said before the season that if Walton went down, it was lights out for the Canes.

That being said, there’s no chance he’s a top 5 pick and my money is on DJ Dallas having a breakout season.

Advertisement

I have to believe Homer is gone, unless he gets injured.

I am more surprised to see JaQuan Johnson on that top 100 list than I am Homer. I am a huge JJ advocate, but don't think he has the measurables to go in the first 100 picks. Homer around 3rd/4th round sounds about right. And if he has another productive year, he should go - short RB lifespan in NFL, loaded roster at RB here, etc.

Noticeably missing is MJackson, after we saw him as a 1st round pick on another mock draft a few days ago. I thought that projection was a little lofty.

My main takeaway when reading all these lists is that they prove how important next season's performance/production is, relative to draft position. We have a bunch of guys who COULD take the next step and put themselves in a position to be drafted - Homer, Shaq, Pink, MJ, AR. But to say anyone is or is not ready to go is premature (aside from maybe Joe Jackson, who would probably have been a 2nd day pick this year, if eligible).

It is nice to get some preseason hype back around the program. That stuff matters, IMO. Half of these writers don't follow every team closely enough to make their own independent, impartial assessments. They merely piggyback on other articles/lists, and sprinkle in a few thoughts of their own. But seeing Miami guys consistently pop up is good for perception, which translates to preseason ranking, which translates to benefit-of-the-doubt during the season after a loss. Rinse and repeat for a few seasons, and the recruits should follow.

Pittman comps are offbase, different players. Homer is a clone of Ryan Mathews.

I think they are all similar. They hit the hole hard,
I have to believe Homer is gone, unless he gets injured.

I am more surprised to see JaQuan Johnson on that top 100 list than I am Homer. I am a huge JJ advocate, but don't think he has the measurables to go in the first 100 picks. Homer around 3rd/4th round sounds about right. And if he has another productive year, he should go - short RB lifespan in NFL, loaded roster at RB here, etc.

Noticeably missing is MJackson, after we saw him as a 1st round pick on another mock draft a few days ago. I thought that projection was a little lofty.

My main takeaway when reading all these lists is that they prove how important next season's performance/production is, relative to draft position. We have a bunch of guys who COULD take the next step and put themselves in a position to be drafted - Homer, Shaq, Pink, MJ, AR. But to say anyone is or is not ready to go is premature (aside from maybe Joe Jackson, who would probably have been a 2nd day pick this year, if eligible).

It is nice to get some preseason hype back around the program. That stuff matters, IMO. Half of these writers don't follow every team closely enough to make their own independent, impartial assessments. They merely piggyback on other articles/lists, and sprinkle in a few thoughts of their own. But seeing Miami guys consistently pop up is good for perception, which translates to preseason ranking, which translates to benefit-of-the-doubt during the season after a loss. Rinse and repeat for a few seasons, and the recruits should follow.

This is his 2018 list. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...top-100-prospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-1-20/

The list is basically bs

Homer is a stud, and that will show even moreso behind a fairly more competent line this offseason.

A good QB would do his game wonders, also.

Advertisement
Travis Homer will be a second or third round NFL pick. He does everything well, including being a Special Teams ace and will test in the top percentile of running backs.

Good point on his special teams play. I could see that moving him up half a round.

Homer's a bigger, faster Yearby to me.

But as far as current, or more recent Canes RBs, that remind me of former Buc RBs...Dallas reminds me of "Cadillac" Williams, & Walton reminds me of Errict Rhett.

Errict Rhett! Now that is a name I haven't heard in a while.

Advertisement
If Brock would have made a post critical about a player or coach, this thread would be 2 pages at most. Say something positive and everyone rushes here to say your opinion is wrong. ****, I hope Homer does run for 14 now, to prove everyone who thinks it's impossible wrong.

If Homer dominates and then runs a 4.40-4.45 at the combine he's going late first to mid second.. No doubt about it

Advertisement
If Brock would have made a post critical about a player or coach, this thread would be 2 pages at most. Say something positive and everyone rushes here to say your opinion is wrong. ****, I hope Homer does run for 14 now, to prove everyone who thinks it's impossible wrong.

If you prefer to be part of an echo chamber then head over to Gator Bait. You will fit right in.

The incoming true FB recruit should help with the run blocking. This was missing last season.

In Richt's tenue are UGA did he ride with one workhorse RB or was he more 'by committee'? Homer is the more experienced running back, and clearly the starter. The starter also needs to be able pick up pass protection. If a back struggles with this responsibility they will get fewer carries.

Please tell me you are joking. What oline at UM performed better recently?

Last year's offensive line was...well...offensive! And because previous offensive lines over x amount of year's were also substandard doesn't make last year's version acceptable...not by a long shot!

Once the offensive line begins to perform at a championship level then factoring in our running backs means the running game will keep opposing defensive coordinators awake a night and will make every QB on the roster better...much better!

Without substantial offensive line improvement, next season will be pedestrian, if not an outright disaster.

The incoming true FB recruit should help with the run blocking. This was missing last season.

In Richt's tenue are UGA did he ride with one workhorse RB or was he more 'by committee'? Homer is the more experienced running back, and clearly the starter. The starter also needs to be able pick up pass protection. If a back struggles with this responsibility they will get fewer carries.
By committee

Advertisement
Back