Travis homer 2018 expectations

Brock, come on man. I enjoyed your OP, but come on. Every argument that you made in your OP was related to rushing yards, not total yards......
"Only 5’11 200 pounds but he runs tough as ****."
"The 170 performance vs ga tech"
"148 yard performance vs #3 Notre Dame",
"big runs vs FSU"
"game setting run vs #13 va tech."

The numbers that you stated to make your case for Homer obtaining 1,400 yards, were all related to his rushing yards, not his total yards. Not to mention, when I stated that I don't think he could get 1400 yards this year due to our "RB by committee" approach, you immediately rebutted with, "He had 966 yards last season...", which, once again, was his rushing yards last year, not his total yards.

You trying to make it seem as though you were speaking about something else, when clearly you weren't, takes away from the substance of the point of your post, which is Homer is going to kill it this year. Just stick by your opinion, my man. There's no need to deviate from it, just because others disagree with it.

It's all love, my man. I'm just the old guy on the corner, holding a 40oz, trying to give some advice to you young bloods.
when I listed Homer’s best performances against teams I was Saying how he took over games and showed up in some of the biggest games when we needed him the most . Which was supporting my previous statement that we haven’t had a back to do that in a long time

Advertisement
Not sure how he'll do this year behind the line, but based on that video he'll have on helluva NFL draft tape.

Brock, come on man. I enjoyed your OP, but come on. Every argument that you made in your OP was related to rushing yards, not total yards......
"big runs vs FSU"

The numbers that you stated to make your case for Homer obtaining 1,400 yards, were all related to his rushing yards, not his total yards. Not to mention, when I stated that I don't think he could get 1400 yards this year due to our "RB by committee" approach, you immediately rebutted with, "He had 966 yards last season...", which, once again, was his rushing yards last year, not his total yards.

You trying to make it seem as though you were speaking about something else, when clearly you weren't, takes away from the substance of the point of your post, which is Homer is going to kill it this year. Just stick by your opinion, my man. There's no need to deviate from it, just because others disagree with it.

It's all love, my man. I'm just the old guy on the corner, holding a 40oz, trying to give some advice to you young bloods.
Broke gonna broke. He said last year was the best line we had in a decade, and I asked how Duke Johnson became the Miami rushing leader and he comes back talking about wins and losses.

when I listed Homer’s best performances against teams I was Saying how he took over games and showed up in some of the biggest games when we needed him the most . Which was supporting my previous statement that we haven’t had a back to do that in a long time
Which games did he “take over?” That 3 for 29 performance against FSU, all 29 coming as we trailed in the 4th and FSU was obviously guarding against the pass?

A sane person might think the three games we lost should have ranked near the top of games where we needed our best RB the most. You know, the games where he averaged 39 yards.

Face it. The only games where Homer played an important role was Virginia, and Georgia Tech. Everyone went off vs Notre Dame.

Which games did he “take over?” That 3 for 29 performance against FSU, all 29 coming as we trailed in the 4th and FSU was obviously guarding against the pass?

A sane person might think the three games we lost should have ranked near the top of games where we needed our best RB the most. You know, the games where he averaged 39 yards.

Face it. The only games where Homer played an important role was Virginia, and Georgia Tech. Everyone went off vs Notre Dame.

When was the last time we have a rb go off like homer did against a top 5 nd opponent?

Homer had very big runs vs FSU in crunch time

Va tech 64 yard td run set the tone for the rest of the game

Homer 170 yards rushing multiple tds and really leaned on him this game.

It wasn’t just homer in the games we lost...

Advertisement
Love him as an athlete and player but I think your prediction is too ambitious Brock. He might do that on another roster but carries will be split too many ways for much more than 1000/10 kind of season is my guess.

When was the last time we have a rb go off like homer did against a top 5 nd opponent?

Homer had very big runs vs FSU in crunch time

Va tech 64 yard td run set the tone for the rest of the game

Homer 170 yards rushing multiple tds and really leaned on him this game.

It wasn’t just homer in the games we lost...
The VaTech game is a perfect example of what’s wrong with our running game. Homer got 64 yards on 1 carry but for the rest of the night he ran 13 times for 31 yards. Barely 2 yards per carry. This level of inconsistent play is just unacceptable. We break one nice run to pad the stats and suddenly everyone forgets we are a 2 ypc team 99% of the time.

"big runs vs FSU"

Olde English?

Advertisement
Advertisement
My summer drink of choice
Lol.

I've only had it once. I pretty much chug every alcoholic beverage that I consume (not sure why). I've been drinking this way every since my first drink, many eons ago. My co-workers, at the time, knew this fact about me, and dared me to chug a 40. I raised there dare and said that I would chug two 40's back to back. I did it! About 2 hours later, I woke up in my car in front of a speed limit sign on Interstate 10. Needless to say, that was my first and only date with Olde English.

Like I said in the spring ball podcast with DMoney, he hits the hole harder than prom night. I don't really like making stat predictions because so many other factors can control that, but there's not another back in the ACC I'd choose over him
You wouldn't choose Akers over Homer?

You wouldn't choose Akers over Homer?
Nope in terms of skill set i didn’t see anything he can do that homer can’t. In fact I think homer is faster tbh

Travis homer
163 carries 966 yards 5.9 ypc 8 tds 18 catches 218 yards 1 td

Cam akers
194 carries 1025 carries 5.3 ypc 7 tds 16 catches 118 yards 1 td

Advertisement
Homer did not take over any games. He’s certainly capably of it though.

Advertisement
Back