Travis homer 2018 expectations

What games were you watching? In 13 games we failed to have a back break 100 yards 9 times, and 4 times nobody broke 50. We ranked 79th in rushing yards per game and much of that was due to early success with QB keepers on zone reads. Those became less effective as the season wore down and teams started keying Rosier. Take away his 468 yards rushing and we would have ranked 115th in rushing yards per game. We were 101st in 2016, and 118th in 2015. Anyone who thinks our "improvement" running the ball last season was due to some marked improvement in O-line play is delusional. Travis Homer had 849 yards with 3 games to play and ended up with 966. I don't know how someone who ended last season averaging 39 yards per game is going to somehow average the 107.7 it would take to tally 1400 next season.
Look at his averages , **** a 100 game stat. Look at barkley stats his rushing yards per attempt varied more than Homer’s did...

64BF9464-4B31-40DF-B5E7-F37555BF2E6B.jpeg

3A6C24E5-74E3-41D6-8BC6-EF46BEC84752.jpeg

Advertisement
What are y’all expecting from him this season? I think He can get 1400 yards plus with a full season as the #1 guy. Hes that good.

Ermmm I hope to god we dont have a 1400 yrd back... we have such a stacked backfield we should have two 1000 yrd backs, or at least a few in the mid hundreds.

Maybe you should factor in the part where we were playing against teams that knew we could not complete passes down the field. There were flashes last season where we were imposing our will on Defenses running the ball. I can't remember the last time we did that. Its been at least a decade. Hopefully we take another step forward this year.
Exactly any cane fan knows that was the best a Um offensive line has played in years.

Ermmm I hope to god we dont have a 1400 yrd back... we have such a stacked backfield we should have two 1000 yrd backs, or at least a few in the mid hundreds.
I like what deejay can provide but I still think homer will get majority of the carries. We will see

Advertisement
He had 966 yards last season and didn’t start until the 5th game of the season
My point still remains the same. 1400 yards is obviously an average of 100yds per game over a 14 game span. I cant see him getting enough carries to accomplish that feat. Though he will be the starter, it's reasonable to believe that Deejay and Lingard will get a decent share of the carries. Also, adding in the fact that we run an RPO system, in which Rosier pulled the rock several times when he should have handed it off, I just can't see Homer getting close to 1400 yrds and I am a HUGE Homer fan.

Maybe you should factor in the part where we were playing against teams that knew we could not complete passes down the field. There were flashes last season where we were imposing our will on Defenses running the ball. I can't remember the last time we did that. Its been at least a decade. Hopefully we take another step forward this year.

Perhaps you should factor in that we were 101st and 118th in rushing yards per game with Brad Kaaya, who if nothing else, was at the very least a far more accurate passer with much better completion percentages. Then you could maybe explain how we were actually better, 79th, with the less accurate guy, and maybe then you can attempt to reconcile us being a better running team with a worse passer than we were with the better passer with your foolish notion that QB accuracy plays a significantly larger role in running the ball than does line blocking.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perhaps you should factor in that we were 101st and 118th in rushing yards per game with Brad Kaaya, who if nothing else, was at the very least a far more accurate passer with much better competition percentages. Then you could maybe explain how we were actually better, 79th, with the less accurate guy, and maybe then you can attempt to reconcile us being a better running team with a worse passer than we were with the better passer with your foolish notion that QB accuracy plays a significantly larger role in running the ball than does line blocking.

Good luck.
More guys in the box for teams that dont respect a QB's throwing ability. Safeties playing downhill filling alleys. It makes it tougher on the O-line.

The 2013 and 2014 teams, along with Duke Johnson would like a word with you.
The olines that played a part in going 9-3 and 6-7? Against legit competiton that got absolutely mauled.
In 2013- FSU, va tech, duke,Louisville tore Miami oline up.
In 2014-Louisville, FSU and all of those other losses gave Miami’s oline a beating.

We leaned on the oline and had big pefrmances this year rushing wise in multiple games including some vs our biggest competition

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you please move on from Barkley? Now I am starting to see why everyone finds you to be an annoying homer. No pun intended.
It’s not even about barkley at that point I’m just saying his averages per attempt in each game was good even though he may have not had a bunch of 100 yard games. Had he received more carries he assuredly would have which is my point....

Advertisement
More guys in the box for teams that dont respect a QB's throwing ability. Safeties playing downhill filling alleys. It makes it tougher on the O-line.
First off, Bull****. I have soundly defeated this stacked box nonsense. Nobody is stacking the box when your backs rank around 115th in yards per game. UNC was 112th in rushing defense and we only managed 42 yards on non-qb runs. We were the worst rushing team they faced and they played Old Dominion and Rice. We had 16 yards on non-QB runs against Pitt and before that, Pitt was 60th against the run. We were the worst rushing team they faced and they almost lost a game to Youngstown State.

First off, Bull****. I have soundly defeated this stacked box nonsense. Nobody is stacking the box when your backs rank around 115th in yards per game. UNC was 112th in rushing defense and we only managed 42 yards on non-qb runs. We were the worst rushing team they faced and they played Old Dominion and Rice. We had 16 yards on non-QB runs against Pitt and before that, Pitt was 60th against the run. We were the worst rushing team they faced and they almost lost a game to Youngstown State.

Unc/ pitt/ clemson were the only games we couldn't run the ball.

Advertisement
Back