Travis homer 2018 expectations

The olines that played a part in going 9-3 and 6-7? Against legit competiton that got absolutely mauled.
In 2013- FSU, va tech, duke,Louisville tore Miami oline up.
In 2017- Louisville, FSU and all of those other losses gave Miami’s oline a beating.

We leaned on the oline and had big pefrmances this year rushing wise in multiple games including some vs our biggest competition
Try to stay focused. We’re walking about run production and whether O-line play or QB play has a more significant roll.

Funny how when I mention the O-line that led the way for Miami’s all time leading rusher, you suddenly want to talk about wins and losses.

Advertisement
Unc/ pitt/ clemson were the only games we couldn't run the ball.
And 2 of those are an absolute embarrassment. You don’t have a great rushing season when you totally **** the bed against two of the worst defensive teams in the division.

1,400 what? No way we will have a 1,400 yard rushing back when they will split the carries.
Doesn’t matter about split carries... dude can easily break for a 60-70 yard run off “One” carry.... as shown last season

And 2 of those are an absolute embarrassment. You don’t have a great rushing season when you totally **** the bed against two of the worst defensive teams in the division.

Keep in mind your 2013/14 Offensive Line "**** the bed" against Pitt, Uva, the Duke Blue Devils, Georgia Tech, VTech x2, FSU x2. There has been improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 with Searles. And wanting to go back to Kehoe is ridiculous at this point.

Advertisement
Keep in mind your 2013/14 Offensive Line "**** the bed" against Pitt, Uva, the Duke Blue Devils, Georgia Tech, VTech x2, FSU x2. There has been improvement from Year 1 to Year 2 with Searles. And wanting to go back to Kehoe is ridiculous at this point.
I said nothing of the sort. I’m of the mind that Searels hasn’t been here long enough to judge. I’m not trying to knock anybody, but the stats speak for themselves. We’re not a significantly better rushing team until we get significantly better along the o-line. This is year 3. Searels will soon have 2 classes with at least 1 off season in the S&C program. I wouldn’t even expect to seed marked results before 2018. I expect to see improvement this season but a 1400 yard rushing performance is a tall order.

Go ahead and mark it down, though, just in case. I’ll come back and say I was wrong with a smile on my face.

I said nothing of the sort. I’m of the mind that Searels hasn’t been here long enough to judge. I’m not trying to knock anybody, but the stats speak for themselves. We’re not a significantly better rushing team until we get significantly better along the o-line. This is year 3. Searels will soon have 2 classes with at least 1 off season in the S&C program. I wouldn’t even expect to seed marked results before 2018. I expect to see improvement this season but a 1400 yard rushing performance is a tall order.

Go ahead and mark it down, though, just in case. I’ll come back and say I was wrong with a smile on my face.

I gotcha. I'm wait and see with him as well, but you are right he does not have his guys and I think the talent is improving at the position. We will see.

Advertisement
He had 966 yards last season and didn’t start until the 5th game of the season
And we will have far more bodies at HB than we had last year. He got more carries last year because there was next to no one behind him. Dallas started the season at WR. Burns was redshirted. Next year Burns, Dallas, Lingard and Davis will play.

You see, I believe Homer can rush for 1,400, but I don’t believe he will with limited carries. His work load will not increase just because he starts more games. There are simply too many backs that will get carries.

You didn’t mention anything about him hitting the hole , in fact you said, “ he reminds me so much of Michael Pittman” when the only thing that is comparable between the two is how they hit the hole if that

"Yep. For better or worse, Pittman ran a 100 mph into the hole he was supposed to hit, didn't matter if it was open or not."

You didn’t mention anything about him hitting the hole , in fact you said, “ he reminds me so much of Michael Pittman” when the only thing that is comparable between the two is how they hit the hole if that

Probably before you were born.

And we will have far more bodies at HB than we had last year. He got more carries last year because there was next to no one behind him. Dallas started the season at WR. Burns was redshirted. Next year Burns, Dallas, Lingard and Davis will play.

You see, I believe Homer can rush for 1,400, but I don’t believe he will with limited carries. His work load will not increase just because he starts more games. There are simply too many backs that will get carries.
Fair take but I wasnt Just talking about rushing yards but in addition to the receiving yards which imo 1400 yards will be attainable

Advertisement
Fair take but I wasnt Just talking about rushing yards but in addition to the receiving yards which imo 1400 yards will be attainable
Maybe, but again there is a huge influx of talent coming in. He’s certainly talented enough, but if we get good QB play we will see the ball really spread around.

Advertisement
Love Homer but I think Deejay outrushes him this year.

That kid is destined for greatness.

No. Dallas looks to be special, but I don't think he'll outshine Homer next year. Homer has a toughness since day one that sets him apart IMO.
Dallas seems to be one of those electric guys with the ball in his hands for sure though. I look forward to watching other teams try to stop them.

I still chuckle at Dallas in the wildcat and teams still couldn't stop him.

Brock, come on man. I enjoyed your OP, but come on. Every argument that you made in your OP was related to rushing yards, not total yards......
"Only 5’11 200 pounds but he runs tough as ****."
"The 170 performance vs ga tech"
"148 yard performance vs #3 Notre Dame",
"big runs vs FSU"
"game setting run vs #13 va tech."

The numbers that you stated to make your case for Homer obtaining 1,400 yards, were all related to his rushing yards, not his total yards. Not to mention, when I stated that I don't think he could get 1400 yards this year due to our "RB by committee" approach, you immediately rebutted with, "He had 966 yards last season...", which, once again, was his rushing yards last year, not his total yards.

You trying to make it seem as though you were speaking about something else, when clearly you weren't, takes away from the substance of the point of your post, which is Homer is going to kill it this year. Just stick by your opinion, my man. There's no need to deviate from it, just because others disagree with it.

It's all love, my man. I'm just the old guy on the corner, holding a 40oz, trying to give some advice to you young bloods.

Ha.

Don’t get me wrong he’s plenty capable. He’s a beast.

I’m looking at our potential backfield and I’m seeing some amazing things pretty quickly, especially if Burns stays healthy.

Looking good man.
Definitely Is Man. Exciting backfield

Advertisement
Back