Trap Game

The last three times Miami has been a double-digit favorite over Georgia Tech has seen the Yellow Jackets pull off the outright win twice (2005, 2019), and then lose by three as a ten-point dog in 2021.
I try not to even pay attention to anything from the 2019 season. It was a complete sh*tshow with losses to FIU and La Tech...actually getting shut out in the bowl game to La Tech too...one of the more embarrassing seasons in recent memory. Thanks Lisp

Advertisement
One game, one team, one win at a time. Should be their mindset. They can’t see or hear about UNC until Sunday’s meetings.So far we seem singularly focused one the task at hand. Which in a little over 24 hrs is to kick the balls off of GT. Drag their asses up and down the field by their nuts until they break off. #GOCANES🙌🏽#CANESNATIONLIFER

Advertisement
To be fair I did read a write up that basically sad we don't allow plays in the back field and our offensive line likes to maul people...is this real life

After a bye week and at home at night, it's definitely NOT a trap game. We will be prepared and we will win big. I think we cover. GT is not very good. I am very nervous about UNC however.

The last three times Miami has been a double-digit favorite over Georgia Tech has seen the Yellow Jackets pull off the outright win twice (2005, 2019), and then lose by three as a ten-point dog in 2021.
What does that have to do with our game tomorrow?

Do we have the same roster or coaching staff as those years?

Again…THIS GAME will show us who we are. We have reached the precipice of previous regimes. Never really gotten beyond this type of game.
  • Do not read your own press
  • Hit
  • Stick
  • Well…you know

Advertisement
Having taken a peek at the GT board a few things surprise me, how many of them think they'll score over 30 on us, how many think they will outright win and how many still use the phrase "thugs" to describe Miami.

Having taken a peek at the GT board a few things surprise me, how many of them think they'll score over 30 on us, how many think they will outright win and how many still use the phrase "thugs" to describe Miami.
Yeah, having lived in ATL for 25yrs, that’s just the Techies Frat Boy white privilege bull**** talk. Always think they’re better than the are. Like I said Gotta rip their tiny nut bags off and make ‘em eat them. 🙌🏽

The team has actual player leadership now and cutthroat coordinators.

We're not perfect. Texas A&M carved us up, but we kept it at full throttle and dominated.

Its a weird feeling, but I am not worried at all. GT might come out swinging and slap us in the mouth, but we will stomp them.
A&M “carved us up” to the tune of 6.3 yards per pass and 3.3 yards per rush

Real St Louis Rams type stuff there

Advertisement
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.

Yep - all of us have had this game circled on our calendars for the last three years. WIth dread.

Pawns are meant to be sacrificed . . .

Advertisement
This team doesn’t have trap games. They’re dialed in and have real coaches. They don’t need hype, bulletin board material, none of that. Not saying they’ll go undefeated. But if they lose it’ll be the other team being better. Not any “trap games”

GT fans living in god **** la la land :pgdead:
This was funny though

IMG_0414.jpeg

Advertisement
Back