Trap Game

Advertisement
Considering our recent bye week history, concern about this week’s game is certainly warranted. However, as many have mentioned, it just feels different this year. We should never let our guard down and hopefully the team won’t either.

I expect GT will be fired up to begin with but we overwhelm them by half time and I don’t think Dawson takes his foot off the gas in the 2nd half.
To your point about Dawson, the quote about him wanting to finish off TAMU and not run the clock late, that is an attitude adjustment. And players 100% buy into the attitude of their coaches. They'll run through a wall for that guy. Same with Guidry and Mario.

Second, last year we played UNC after the bye after that embarrassing loss to MTSU, worst OC ever, and we honestly should have beat them if not for two 4th quarter turnovers (we out-gained them in that game). And they were a MUCH better team than us last year. To me, that speaks of Mario's bye week prep. I trust THIS staff much more than Manny when it comes to prep and focus.

Advertisement
The great thing about building your team around the trenches is the trenches are consistent. Home or away, good weather or bad, if you're good in the trenches you're usually good in the trenches no matter what.

I don't think this team loses to "teams we're supposed to beat" the way previous Miami teams did because we're built for more consistency.

Not worried about this game. If I had to pick out something to be worried about, it's that we have about a million WR recruits in the house, so we might want to come out slinging it. But on tape, the easy path to victory for Miami would be to just run the ball down their throats until they stack the box. But as long as we just play our game and don't try to force the pass when it isn't there, I think we run away with this one.

The team has actual player leadership now and cutthroat coordinators.

We're not perfect. Texas A&M carved us up, but we kept it at full throttle and dominated.

Its a weird feeling, but I am not worried at all. GT might come out swinging and slap us in the mouth, but we will stomp them.

Advertisement
By you
The last three times Miami has been a double-digit favorite over Georgia Tech has seen the Yellow Jackets pull off the outright win twice (2005, 2019), and then lose by three as a ten-point dog in 2021.
Due to your name here I see you take pleasure in this. So I'll simply tell you the only difference that matters from those teams to this one. This is a player led team... it's not all about responding with coaching. It's about player accountability. Having your teammates backs and responding on the field. That usually leads to far less slacking.

The kod in Atlanta is owned by one of my boys(troy) he's one of the owners in the Miami one now also. He knows himself that **** is trash in Atlanta.

My ex danced at Magic City upon moving out there. Went to see her when I saw my family several yrs back. It was cool, but didn’t remotely compare to the OG KOD (R.I.P).

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re not good enough to look past any ACC team.

PeriodT.

I agree with this statement. On paper we should win, but too many times this program has **** the bed in games like this. I truly hope we show out consider who we have coming in for recruiting. Would be nice going into that UNC game 5-0.

If they played defense I would say it is a trap game.

But they just can't stop anybody on the ground and that is one of our strengths.

I agree with everyone referencing Kam’s return!

People are crazy if they don’t think this dude coming back won’t create some havoc! I’m sure his return will have our defense feeling some kind of way….

Between him and our OL/running game we should be alright!

I agree with everyone referencing Kam’s return!

People are crazy if they don’t think this dude coming back won’t create some havoc! I’m sure his return will have our defense feeling some kind of way….

Between him and our OL/running game we should be alright!
when you have an explosive offense & an elite offensive line, the margin for error increases.

our offense puts a pressure on opponent offenses that will force them to make mistakes.

not many offenses in the country & maybe 1 in the ACC can keep up with our offense, barring injuries of course

Advertisement
Back