Trap Game

ball915

All-American
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.

Advertisement
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.

Reasonable concern.

Fans, that can, should WEAR BLACK and pack the Rock (or Titanic if you are between death and immobile…)

disappointed tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Advertisement
Def understand your sentiment but, I think Mario and this staff will have them ready for this. If it was Manny or Golden I'd be nervous. I do not expect us to cover but I think we should win 38-20 something close to this score. The yellow jackets have stung us in the past but I expect Miami to be focused and not take them lightly. Them changing DC's actually makes me like Miami's chances even more tbh.

I think it's a trap game if we're still not there.

If we are, you just lean on a worse team and beat the **** out of them at home at 8PM with a rowdy crowd.

In the past we'd see teams coming out fired up against us, and we'd run it right into a wall twice, then our o line would stumble and **** all over themselves trying to block the third down pressure. You know, the "uh oh" feeling.

Everything should change if you're dominant up front. You run when they know it's coming and we have all day to throw downfield with a stacked box. This should start to look EASY against teams like this if things are rolling. We'll see

Advertisement
I agree, definitely meets the mold of a trap game. I do think we ultimately find a way to win by a comfortable margin though. Just might get a bit testy in the 1st half.

I think our OL is key...having a bruising OL is akin to a boxer having heavy hands. They'll feel that power early and often and their will on D is going to wear down quickly. I expect us to come out and hit them in the mouth and set the tone.

Advertisement
Jacurri brown and Gattis beat this team by 21 last year on the road. Stop.

I think we win, comfortably but wouldn’t surprise me at all if we are all a little frustrated at them coming out fired up and punching us in the mouth.

With that being said, last year means nothing. They are a different team from last year just like we are.

Advertisement
I would normally agree; but it’s hard to fall to a trap team when you have an elite O line, a very good run game, and a night game. Especially when you consider the fact we could get 11 random posters on this site and do a better job defending the run than G tech has done this year.

We will be fine.

The OP makes valid points. No lies detected. However, this is EXACTLY the type of game you have to win if you truly believe you are on the path to recovery. Win the **** games you are suppose to win on your schedule. No excuses. Get it done. That's what good teams do.

This game will tell us if we have taken the next step.

[Disclaimer: Winning this game doesn't mean we are back. It means we have taken another step forward. The next step is winning a road game that most doubt you can win against a team that you traditionally struggle with (UNC) and then a game most expect you to lose (Clemson or F$u).]

Last edited:
After last year, Mario won't let us have a trap game.
Bro, I've got battered-Canes syndrome ever since LSU 2003. Every ******* time we think "We back!", we get our **** pushed in by a team like L-ville, UNC or GT. Even after Notre Dame 2017, all we had to do was beat Pitt and not get our **** pushed in my Clemson in the ACCCG and we probably make the CFBP. But nah.

But this time, we didn't just beat 8&4, we spotted them 14 and still whooped that ***. Now they're looking like they might just **** around and beat Bama Saturday then go on and win the SEC. We haven't remotely struggled against teams we should blow out like we have in the past: Central Michigan, SoMiss etc. We're handling business.

Conference play is a different animal and I get that. But I'm teetering on the edge of believing. I wanna see us skull **** GT tomorrow night for several reasons, and if we do I'm drinking the Kool-aid the rest of the way until I have a reason not to.

We gotta stay healthy, we don't have the depth on either line to lose much. But if we can stay healthy...

Flirty Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back