Trap Game

After a bye week I can see this being a game hard to figure. A trap game ? well based on the last 10 years it could be, but so far this is a very different team. The leadership is there the coaching is there and certainly the talent. so far this is a team not willing to accept defeat or mediocrity. Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would normally agree; but it’s hard to fall to a trap team when you have an elite O line, a very good run game, and a night game. Especially when you consider the fact we could get 11 random posters on this site and do a better job defending the run than G tech has done this year.

We will be fine.
Bagsy Free Safety.

Will we able to run the ball? If so, it's hard to see any team less talented than us win with our OL.

In 2005 when they beat us, we had only 30 rushing yards!
Elite cfb OLs change everything. It helps you beat teams you shouldn’t be losing too. And our OLs haven’t been great for a long *** time. And that falls on recruiting

Advertisement
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.

Hence why it was moved to an 8pm ET kickoff with alternate black uniforms, to add some spice to the ACC opener as opposed to a noon or 3:30pm ET kickoff that would've seen a lesser crowd get behind the team

I love the "there is no way GT will play that bad again" regarding their Bowling Green game. Says who? They've beaten South Carolina State and Wake Forest, while also getting whooped by Ole Miss and beat at home by Louisville.

Georgia Tech is not a good football team and Miami won't be looking ahead in this environment.

The coaches son QB is reason for concern. They’re usually very “heady” QB’s. I expect to win, but also think he gives us fits at times. Good look before Maye. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.
The big thing for me is with the turn over on the roster plus Mario's recruits this team seems to be buying in and taking of business. Even if G Tech plays better this week Miami should win easily. Time to erase the past.

Advertisement
The big thing for me is with the turn over on the roster plus Mario's recruits this team seems to be buying in and taking of business. Even if G Tech plays better this week Miami should win easily. Time to erase the past.
Culture is the difference and you are right that starts with Mario and is executed by the players that have a mindset now that we've lacked for over a decade. All of the distractions going into the game are overcome because we have the right people now.

Advertisement
Considering our recent bye week history, concern about this week’s game is certainly warranted. However, as many have mentioned, it just feels different this year. We should never let our guard down and hopefully the team won’t either.

I expect GT will be fired up to begin with but we overwhelm them by half time and I don’t think Dawson takes his foot off the gas in the 2nd half.

Just pop in last years MTSU tape.. these boys remember falling for the trap game and letting them catch and early lead and momentum

I don't think so. Focused n ready. Different team n yr

Advertisement
Back