Trap Game

Advertisement
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.

I s
GT is a dangerous game for a couple of reasons. It's easy to take an inferior team for granted when you are a 3 touchdown favorite (we've lost the last 3 times we were a double digit favorite to GT). We have one of our biggest games the following week at UNC which is so easy to look forward to and past what's ahead of you. We are busting out new uniforms for a night game and returning our best player after a major scare. We have our top flip project in the stands (J Smith) and are playing a team in wounded animal mode coming off an embarrassing loss at home to Bowling Green. There is no way they will play that bad again and we will get their best shot especially with them changing DC's as that has made it clear they know they can't stop a nosebleed with their run D. GT has absolutely nothing to lose and with our track record coming off a bye week there is plenty of reason to be concerned. We will not lose this game and will win it, just don't expect it to be the cakewalk many are making it out to be.
I see your point and I agree

OP, I agree with much of what you wrote regarding GT being like a caged animal, new DC, solid offense, etc.

However, I don't expect the black uniforms to score a TD for GT, Kinchens coming back is only a positive, and unless the top recruit in the stands comes down to the field and puts on a GT uniform, he won't be a factor either. Do wear your lucky jersey and bring your rabbit's foot to the game though. :cool:

Advertisement
I see in many of theses post FEAR and it surprises me to read.

We’re all pumped up but yet FEARFUL of GTECH .

Just saying that when I see FEAR in the eyes of my CANE Generals here on game day with question marks of this team.

WE DON’T BELIEVE IN OUR WARRIORS TAKING THE FIELD TONIGHT.

So glad some here aren’t playing on this team.

A reflection of last couple years still remains.

Just my view of what is clearly in print.

56-10 CANES

GOCANES

GT is ranked 129th in rushing defense and 113th in total defense....
We should be up by 20+ at halftime...

I agree, definitely meets the mold of a trap game. I do think we ultimately find a way to win by a comfortable margin though. Just might get a bit testy in the 1st half.
no trap games with this crew. we are focused on one game at a time. MARIO CRISTOBAL needs to keep our CANES with a win at all cost attitude. it's been so long that we are in this situation. they will be ready every game. the players want to make a big statement this time they won't have any dancing on the sidelines. we READY BABY

Advertisement
no trap games with this crew. we are focused on one game at a time. MARIO CRISTOBAL needs to keep our CANES with a win at all cost attitude. it's been so long that we are in this situation. they will be ready every game. the players want to make a big statement this time they won't have any dancing on the sidelines. we READY BABY
I’m giving you your first start tonight at nose tackle.

I want NO TACKLES from you NONE !!!

Your mission CLOG DO NOT MOVE ONE INCH NIT ONE , YOU HEAR ME LEAVE NO ROOM IN YOUR LANE !

BE PHYSICAL WITH NO REMORSE 🙌🙌🙌

Let our LB FEED

GOCANES

Tonight, we let everybody loose run wild, let CFB see our LECHE FLOW.

WE DON’T GIVE HOOT !!!

This is who we were and we RECLAIM IT TONIGHT.

Our identity Is HERE AGAIN LET IT LOOSE

JIMMY JOHNSON:

Quite Quite hear that roar HEAR IT

NOW

DO WHAT YOU DO BEST!!!

GOCANES

They got 33 points and left a lot of points on the field.

You should actually watch the games.
kyle_schtick. And not a good one at that too.

Imagine having the gall to tell someone “you should watch the games” and then not even watching them yourself. Or if you did watch them, you were so stoned you thought it was David Attenborough narrating Our Planet III

They scored 14 points after a blocked punt and a muffed punt that set them up at the Miami 15 and 9 yard lines, respectively.

They averaged 5.28 yards per play on offense, a number that would rank 86th in the country currently.

They also had a 3rd and 1, on the last play of the 3rd quarter only down 5 points, on their own 43 yard line and their 5 star offensive line got blown the **** off the ball, Jaden Davis knocked Amari Daniels’ **** in the dirt, he fumbled, and the fat lady started her sound check.

They got flat dominated on both sides of the ball like they were the star of a snuff film. Get the **** outta here with that “watch the game” bull****. I watched it. 5 times. They got their asses kicked. Take a ******* lap with that bull****.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
kyle_schtick. And not a good one at that too.

Imagine having the gall to tell someone “you should watch the games” and then not even watching them yourself. Or if you did watch them, you were so stoned you thought it was David Attenborough narrating Our Planet III
david attenborough pbs GIF

Advertisement
They got lit up like a Christmas Tree. Then he says they left points on the field well so did we.

They did have some opportunities they didn’t capitalize on, but that’s football. Especially college football. But we whipped their *** in every facet. There was zero doubt who the better team was that afternoon. And by the way, A&M is gonna beat Bama today. They’re not nearly as bad as the gator and fsu fans wanted to make it seem.

With the way this OL is playing, I’m not as concerned about trap game as I’ve been in the past. Add to the equation that GT apparently can’t stop the run, and I think we should be good.

Advertisement
Back