This has to happen:

Gibson lines up in shotgun

Steps back...

Throws a TD......

To Brad Kaaya, who lines up out wide.

TWITTER BREAKS

CANES WIN

Advertisement
This would really be a big pick up, but would be the best selling point? I think personally that we were extremely blessed last season to avoid injury at that position and hope for the same this season. Reality is that any given play, game or even practice anything could happen. He also should be offered early play, not as starting QB but maybe in some special sets there or wideout. If we're more productive with him out there, well hey he's earned it. It also puts us in at least a top 7 or so finish in this class with the remaining expected commits. That will continue into the already strong 16 class, which you could almost bet will be a top 3 class.

This would really be a big pick up, but would be the best selling point? I think personally that we were extremely blessed last season to avoid injury at that position and hope for the same this season. Reality is that any given play, game or even practice anything could happen. He also should be offered early play, not as starting QB but maybe in some special sets there or wideout. If we're more productive with him out there, well hey he's earned it. It also puts us in at least a top 7 or so finish in this class with the remaining expected commits. That will continue into the already strong 16 class, which you could almost bet will be a top 3 class.

Selling point is we lack quality depth at the position and he will IMO immediately become the 2nd string QB if Kaaya doesn't get hurt we RS him... If we blow out opponents I don't see burning his shirt for that but just let him compete and Develop he's a fantastic WR prospect but he wants to be a QB So let him be developed by Coley and see what happens... He's definetly intriguing

If he truly wants to be a QB we are not the right fit for him. If I were him I would go to a proven system to play. If he thinks his future is at War then Miami would be a great spot.

Advertisement
Everybody is getting excited for no reason. Al Golden vs Urban Meyer. OSU just winning a national championship. You guys are delusional if you think Gibson is coming here.

Advertisement
Everybody is getting excited for no reason. Al Golden vs Urban Meyer. OSU just winning a national championship. You guys are delusional if you think Gibson is coming here.

LOL. Great post. The fact that OSU has 3 QBs coming back next year, 2 of which are young, probably has something to do with it though.

I don't understand why this is even hard to get.

It's why I thought Lawson de-committing was dumb:

All Dwayne had to do was beat out Rosier, which I think he could have done.

If anything happens to Brad- he's the 1st man up.

If Brad ends up playing poorly and the offense needs a change of pace, he's in.

If Brad leaves early, he has the inside spot for the job.

If Miami has a huge lead, he gets crazy playing time.

It's a win win.

Gibson HAS to realize this and seize the opportunity. It's easy math and numbers!

THIS !!!! !

I don't understand why this is even hard to get.

It's why I thought Lawson de-committing was dumb:

All Dwayne had to do was beat out Rosier, which I think he could have done.

If anything happens to Brad- he's the 1st man up.

If Brad ends up playing poorly and the offense needs a change of pace, he's in.

If Brad leaves early, he has the inside spot for the job.

If Miami has a huge lead, he gets crazy playing time.

It's a win win.

Gibson HAS to realize this and seize the opportunity. It's easy math and numbers!

THIS !!!! !

HOPEFULLY That!!!

Advertisement
I mean, he has to know that he would sit behind Kaaya for a year after redshirting right? Not like anything has changed in that respect.
Seems like Ohio Taint had a few pretty decent QBs on its roster too. Maybe Gibson saw how the season played out and how many guys are in front of him there.

Advertisement
No changing to the spread option bs, Gibson is seeing at the Senior bowl that he needs to actually learn how to be a pro style QB, which Miami will teach him. The QB from Auburn had to switch to DB because he knew he was not a NFL QB.

It will take at least 2 years to coach Gibson up, in terms of reading defenses and learning his read progression as well his 3-5-7 step drops from under center. This could be interesting an I think he sees OSU is loaded at QB.

Go Canes

Yep , that bs has won urban three national titles

And u cant name one QB that Urban meyer had that went to the Pros n succeeded.... their careers dnt stop in college, these kids eant to make it to the NFL

How many successful NFL QBs has Folden produced?

Lol. Please. This happens every year. The top prospects still have a trip or two to burn so they schedule an OV just for the **** of it and take a free trip. They all inevitably end up at the school everyone thought they would go to and the fan base of the school to get the last OV gets their hopes up for nothing.

Advertisement
Back