Top 5 Best & Worst Picks of NFL 1st Rd

I’m a giants fan and hate Gettleman but think he actually did ok last night. This Leonard Williams trade is killing me though.

I’m not an expert on OL so it was strange to me they went with Thomas, when he was 4th in most board’s attention the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Biggest question: While Henderson has earned rave reviews for his coverage ability, there are questions about his willingness to help in run support and his consistency. He's still learning the position: He didn't start playing cornerback until his senior year of high school. Communication on the field was an issue at Florida, too, so that's something defensive coordinator Todd Wash is going to have to get him to improve, especially with what looks to be an unusual offseason.

It was definitely a Bears move that the Packers made. Who you take today if you are the Bears? OL and DB?

Man; we have needs, bro. We need a play making WR to compliment ARob, OL help, DB help, TE help, oh and did I mention QB help!
I have zero trust in Pace. We also need RB help! Lol

But if I had to pick, I’m going OL. Our OL took a big hit when Long was not able to continue on. We have a make shift OL that opened up zero lanes (simply b/c no team respects Mitch),

Pace really f’d this team up. Even L Floyd was a bad pick and I yelled at the TV when we drafted him. Anyways, anyways....my whole point is, I can see us making a Raider move. Lol

Advertisement
Man; we have needs, bro. We need a play making WR to compliment ARob, OL help, DB help, TE help, oh and did I mention QB help!
I have zero trust in Pace. We also need RB help! Lol

But if I had to pick, I’m going OL. Our OL took a big hit when Long was not able to continue on. We have a make shift OL that opened up zero lanes (simply b/c no team respects Mitch),

Pace really f’d this team up. Even L Floyd was a bad pick and I yelled at the TV when we drafted him. Anyways, anyways....my whole point is, I can see us making a Raider move. Lol
I keep seeing on mock drafts the Bears taking a tight end early. They have 48 on the roster. Yes they need one, but why would you sign Jimmy Graham then draft one? Draft a couple OL, a DB or two, WR, QB, and a RB.

Texas Tech LB looks like a stud! Wasn’t impressed with the Ruiz (limited albeit) film. Think you can grab interior lineman/plug & play guys for a cheaper price. Not elite.

Advertisement
Worst draft (tie) :

RAIDERS: Ruggs as the #1 WR taken and Arnette, lol

PACKERS: You have a HOF QB, broke the bank last off season for defenders, were 1 game from the SB and you draft a bum QB that will not help the team at all this season and is NOT the next Aaron Rodgers

Best draft (tie):

VIKINGS: Jefferson is a stud, his contested catch rate was unreal, Gladney as I said all day yesterday is a dog, he can play

49ERS: Kinlaw keeps the best DL in the NFL going strong and another hybrid WR/RB in Aiyuk to pair with Deebo and a QB that likes to get the ball out quick to his WRs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seattle has been pretty horrendous at drafting in R1, so this is likely going to be a good take when we revisit this in a couple of years.
I mean when you hear any picks in the NFL draft and is says "defender from Texas Tech" you almost cringe. Do they even have any quality NFL defenders right now??

Arnette is severely underrated... Although they could have traded down, accumulate picks and still get him

I'm literally the only person on this board who likes Jordan Love lol.

Jordyn Brooks was a great pick for Seattle & LA Chargers got a nice steal at LB with Kenneth Murray.

Gladney to Minnesota was a great value pick for them & I think Jalen Reagor to Philly was a nice pick.

Ceedee Lamb IMO is the best WR in the draft, he fits perfect in the Cowboys system with Cooper & Gallop.

Becton to the Jets was a nice pick as well. Kinlaw to the Niners might be the biggest steal in the draft.

Wirfs was a great value pick for the Buccs at 13, he's an OT with top 5 talent.

Arnette in the 1st round was the worst pick IMO, he's a 3rd round talent that got way over drafted because he went to Oh St.

CEH IMO was not a 1st round RB at all, but since KC drafted him I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because Andy Reid & Eric Bieniemy will maximize his potentiality in that offense as a James White style receiving back.

I thought Seattle really reached for that Red Raider LB
Evaluate the player, not the laundry.

Individual players are not indicative of school program histories.

(Except for USC at QB... Never draft a USC QB lol.)

Otherwise, just because a school may suck or not typically have great players on either side of the ball doesn't mean that a player from that school can't be great in the league.

Advertisement
Back