Top 5 Best & Worst Picks of NFL 1st Rd

Thought the Gladney and Lamb picks were really good for each team.
I still find Becton to be a **** of a risk inside the Top 15.
Wirfs was a straight steal, and wanted the Phins to aggressively make a move for him.
Agree on Arnette, as I've mentioned earlier.

Talk to me about some dudes you're looking out for in R2-3. I posted about it in the main NFL draft selection thread. Draft talk is usually a good discussion with recruitniks. Comments made here: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...-thread-selections-trades.160335/post-4655935
Denzel Mims, Laviska Shenault, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos, Jordan Elliott (1st round talent, will be a steal), Terrell Burgess, Robert Hunt (think he has great upside at Guard), Josh Jones, Jaylon Johnson & Tee Higgins are great value picks in the 2nd to early 3rd round.

The Ravens have 4 picks today 2 in the 2nd & 2 in the 3rd, so we'll be looking at WR, Edge, OG, DT & possibly a Safety or RB. Don't see us drafting a CB early, but DeCosta is from the Ozzie Newsome school of take the best player philosophy when it comes to the draft.

I like Taylor as the best RB in the draft, not crazy about Swift, but in the 2nd - 3rd round is an easy value pick. I think Darrynton Evans out of App St is the ultimate sleeper at RB, probably will be a 4th or 5th rounder but I think he will be a very good productive back for a few seasons in the league.

I like Justin Madubuike a lot as well, high upside prospect & Neville Gallimore is very intriguing as a mid 2nd early 3rd rounder.

Robert Hunt & Netane Muti are the OG's I really hope the Ravens get, either one, I prefer Hunt but Muti as a Run Blocker in our offense is a really good fit IMO.

The WR's are so deep, there are 4th rounders who could end up as Pro bowlers. Quez Watkins is one I'm high on.

Advertisement
For sure, but you cant put that pick at #2 worst, when you have Terrell and Arnette going Top 20, Jordan Love to green bay, CJ Henderson Top 10.
Thomas at #4 aint the best value, but they couldn’t pick at #10. They got one of the 2 best OTs in the draft with Wills.

It depends on how you look at it. Henderson and Terrell were the best cover corners on the board when they were taken IMO, compared to Thomas who I didn’t see as the best OT. Like I said it’s my opinion. Arnette could be second worst I’d be ok with that, I just put Thomas up there bc the pick was so high. Missing on a top 4 pick is much worse than missing on a top 20.

You guys call these dudes reaches but these teams did months of research and just happen to have different boards than draft nerds 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have seen teams do research for decades and draft horribly.... check out the Jets/Raiders draft history and tell me those months of research helped them? Some teams get it right 80% of the time, some get it right 20% of the time.

Advertisement
I have seen teams do research for decades and draft horribly.... check out the Jets/Raiders draft history and tell me those months of research helped them?
I mean Al Davis is an aberration. Heyward-Bey and Mike Mitchell in the first were atrocious picks. But dudes criticizing the Raiders for taking the CB or the Phins for taking their corner - I don’t see what’s wrong with taking a player you scouted and don’t think will be available at your next pick.

Denzel Mims, Laviska Shenault, AJ Epenesa, Yetur Gross-Matos, Jordan Elliott (1st round talent, will be a steal), Terrell Burgess, Robert Hunt (think he has great upside at Guard), Josh Jones, Jaylon Johnson & Tee Higgins are great value picks in the 2nd to early 3rd round.

The Ravens have 4 picks today 2 in the 2nd & 2 in the 3rd, so we'll be looking at WR, Edge, OG, DT & possibly a Safety or RB. Don't see us drafting a CB early, but DeCosta is from the Ozzie Newsome school of take the best player philosophy when it comes to the draft.

I like Taylor as the best RB in the draft, not crazy about Swift, but in the 2nd - 3rd round is an easy value pick. I think Darrynton Evans out of App St is the ultimate sleeper at RB, probably will be a 4th or 5th rounder but I think he will be a very good productive back for a few seasons in the league.

I like Justin Madubuike a lot as well, high upside prospect & Neville Gallimore is very intriguing as a mid 2nd early 3rd rounder.

Robert Hunt & Netane Muti are the OG's I really hope the Ravens get, either one, I prefer Hunt but Muti as a Run Blocker in our offense is a really good fit IMO.

The WR's are so deep, there are 4th rounders who could end up as Pro bowlers. Quez Watkins is one I'm high on.

Muti could slip because of injury concern, saw him drop to 5th round in some mocks. Last 3rd round pick is a steal for Muti, dude is a straight bully!

Would love to see Kyle Dugger go to the Ravens, get some speed and versatility on D with Queen!

Advertisement
I mean Al Davis is an aberration. Heyward-Bey and Mike Mitchell in the first were atrocious picks. But dudes criticizing the Raiders for taking the CB or the Phins for taking their corner - I don’t see what’s wrong with taking a player you scouted and don’t think will be available at your next pick.
I'm afraid Ruggs is gonna be an all-time "whoops" when Jeudy and Lamb are All Pros. Like I said some teams can research all they want, they still mess it up. That was my point. But yes, for the most part we know less than the teams drafting.

I think sometimes those teams get "paralysis by over-analysis" if you know what I mean, they over think it

You guys call these dudes reaches but these teams did months of research and just happen to have different boards than draft nerds 🤷🏻‍♂️
And yet still **** it up. Why are we wrong for discussing where we think teams **** it up? Mayock is upset that people analyze his ****** decisions the way he used to analyze others' decisions or something? I don't get it.

Advertisement

Two good breakdowns on Jordan Love.

The potential is there & the fact he won't have to play for a season or two will benefit him greatly.

He was always a draft & stash player.

Muti could slip because of injury concern, saw him drop to 5th round in some mocks. Last 3rd round pick is a steal for Muti, dude is a straight bully!

Would love to see Kyle Dugger go to the Ravens, get some speed and versatility on D with Queen!
I'm super high on Kyle Dugger too, I like him better than Jeremy Chinn.

And yeah Muti's knock will be medical, but once in the right system with NFL doctors I think he'll get healthy & live up to his potential. He's a road grader run blocker.

Advertisement
Cameron Dantzler is a prospect I can't get a read on how I feel...

I've watched about 6 games on him & I both like & hate how he plays lol.

Idk wtf to think about his ability.

Advertisement
Back