Top 5 Best & Worst Picks of NFL 1st Rd

I just think if you are consistent with drafting a specific personality, the end result will turn out positive. Ferrell was overdrafted, but they got a killer DE in the fourth with Maxx Crosby. And Ferrell will work himself into at least a solid player because of the makeup.

The best way to do it is the Ravens. They only take edgy players, but stick to BPA in terms of value. This gives them a consistent culture and great talent. Oakland is too need-oriented.
Yep. That's what I'm talking about in the bolded. The Ravens have shown some great examples. They look for really talented players, but then ensure they have certain intangible traits.

Advertisement
So who fumbled the CJ Henderson recruitment? Wasn't he leaning back to recommitting late in the game? Not that I give a **** but he would have been our best corner in 2018 and 2019.

1. Don't mind the Love pick, now they are set at the position for a few years and it keeps Rogers ****ed off, which is when he is at his best. I grew up in Green Bay and people said the same **** when they drafted Rogers back in the day.

2. Agree on the trade back in theory, but if you really like the player and can't convince Miami to come up for Tua, just take stay in place and take him. That said, I like Wills better as an OT and Simmons was my favorite player in the class.

3.) I'd have taken Winfield if I was going DB, more versatile. Otherwise, Josh Jones would have been my guy. Need 2 good tackles with a lefty QB, and worst case scenario on Jones, he is a plug and play guard.

4.) I actually don't hate the Arnette pick as much as some others. There was a massive jumble after the Top 2 guys, and I have learned not to doubt OSU corners. Reeks of the Ferrell pick last year though...fell in love with the player and got blinders.

5.) Only defense I can think of for this pick instead of trading back in to the beginning of Round 2 is that you get an extra year of control on a Round 1 contract, right? I would have thought Swift or Dobbins would be the guy but as you said, they're just playing with house money on offense right now. Probably could draft me and I'd be a weapon in that offense.

It’ll be interesting to see how they all pan out. It was a very boring first round.

Not a fan of the Arnette pick. There were at least 5 corners I preferred over him. It goes against so much of the **** Mayock would say when he was an analyst. He's hit on some good players, but dude seems to panic in drafts.

2 of the 4 highlights they showed of Arnette during the draft analysis would be called P.I or defensive holding at the next level. He’s extremely grabby.

Raiders pulled out their inner old man Al yesterday. The Ruggs pick was head scratching, but then again so was D Hayward-Bey, but they love the speed. U don’t take Ruggs when both CeeDee and Jeudy is there.

Advertisement
Love looks like a bum, Rodgers had elite film and accuracy in college. This Love pick not the same as the Rodgers pick. Especially for a team that broke the bank in free agency and was 1 game from the SB last season.

Terrible waste of a pick

Advertisement
And now he’s going to have to try and tackle Derrick Henry twice a year lmao
Not to mention the Colts have a Top 10 WR group he has to also see twice a year.

Also, the AFC South has the NFC and AFC North out of division schedule next season too. That means --

Odell and/or Landry gonna roast him. Badly.
Marquise gonna roast him. Badly.
Thielen and/or Treadwell gonna roast him. Badly.
Green and/or Boyd gonna roast him. Badly.

Welcome to the NFL young man.

Worst

****Im basing this on value and need, not how good the actual player is or isn’t

1. Jordan Love

They need weapons and have a QB capable of winning a super bowl and instead they draft his replacement who’s 3 years away from being anywhere close to ready. Things could get interesting in GB.

2. Andrew Thomas

Just trade back. I think they could’ve gotten him at 10 if they wanted. Maybe he ends up better than the other guys, but I don’t trust that front office. I would’ve taken Simmons.
Disclaimer: I’m not a scout. IMO this is gonna end up a home run or a “what could have been.” I don’t like that kind of risk at #4

3. Noah Igbinoghene

Could've taken him in the 2nd. Idk how you can spend all that money on corners and then take a project in the first round. They should’ve never traded back and taken another lineman. Maybe they just hated Wilson and Jones, idk. Wish they would’ve tried to trade up to get Wirfs (they might have).

4. Damon Arnette

It’s just a plain reach. He would’ve been there in the second. He is a PI machine.

5. CEH

There’s just no value here to me. Diggs, McKinney, Blacklock, Gross-Matos or however you spell it made more sense. But honestly KC is loaded so they can do whatever they want. Maybe he becomes the next Priest Holmes, who knows.
There’s was nobody for the giants to trade back to

Not to mention the Colts have a Top 10 WR group he has to also see twice a year.

Also, the AFC South has the NFC and AFC North out of division schedule next season too. That means --

Odell and/or Landry gonna roast him. Badly.
Marquise gonna roast him. Badly.
Thielen and/or Treadwell gonna roast him. Badly.
Green and/or Boyd gonna roast him. Badly.

Welcome to the NFL young man.
Who do the colts have besides an aging and oft injured TY at WR?

Advertisement
Marshall Yanda is an 8 time pro bowler and Brandon Scherff is a 3 time pro bowler. Buluga has been very solid as well. Iowa produces quality OL
Yanda and Scherff are guards are they not? Buluga if he plays tackle i think plays on the right correct? In the premise of this conversation you said wirfs is a top 5 talent with very little downside or question marks. He's being drafted as a LT and what i'm saying is that your premise is incorrect IMO. If he has to move inside to have success in the NFL or to the right side then he isn't a top 5 talent. Also the fact that he struggles with speed is not going to bode well for the NFL with the dynamic edge rushers we are seeing these days.

Wirfs was drafted as a LT prospect. He won't be there long if at all is what i'm saying because very few Iowa LT prospects end up actually playing LT. They have to be moved inside or to the other side.

Not dissing Iowa OL products overall. I'm just saying they lack the quicks and feet to handle the backside edge, which is what Wirfs was drafted to do right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back