Todd Stroud?

UM missed our shots to bring in Ron Burton or Kevin Patrick both of whom would have had UM in a much stronger position in dline recruiting. **** make a run at the SMU dline coach ( Randall Joyner) who is a Larry Johnson disciple. He has had the SMU dline playing like demons.

Go Ca

Kevin Patrick is at FAU.

Advertisement
100% false.

Elijah Roberts said out his own mouth that Stroud was why he stayed committed to Miami. Same with Quentin Williams.

Go look up their interviews with Stefan, they both credited Stroud with being a huge factor in their commitments.

You're flat out wrong.
Glad you cleared that up Liberty. Stroud has done nothing but a solid job since taking over as DL coach. We improved dramatically in our rush defense his 1st season coaching the team. I’d say Patke is the leading defensive coaching candidate to be replaced if I was Manny. We need better ST play and of course the LB’s could do much better although we shall see how they do with increased athleticism and speed from McCloud, Huff, Brooks, and perhaps one of the frosh if they heal up in time for Fall camp.

I had my doubts at first but Stroud is a solid coach with a ton of experience. I get the whole idea of wanting an elite DL coach but Stroud has handled the job well all things considered. Jess Simpson is an elite DL coach which is why he is in the NFL. Like another poster said, "Could we do better? Probably but we could also do a lot worse." I'm good with Stroud right now until he proves that he can't do the job at the level that UM demands. Too early to crown him and too early to want him gone. This year will tell much. There are other coaches on the defense who should be scrutinized before Stroud.

Stop LYING Miller stayed because he had very options in the transfer portal given his limited film and under the radar recruiting profile coming out of high school.

Robert's was coming to UM regardless. An Williams well I am glad he is at UM but let's kid ourselves was he projects as a good player not elite. Stroud is past his time an it is showing.

Go Canes
I think you meant he had very limited options. I don’t disagree with that, it would have been a mistake. He still was going to leave and decided not to Weather it was a bad idea or not or no options that ain’t a lie that’s a fact.
Roberts was not coming here regardless.lol.

I get it with our talent you want some fancy name d line coach but stroud is not hurting us at all in terms of recruiting or coaching

Advertisement
I read Savion Collins is expected to flip to Florida. He said he rarely talks to Stroud so it made me think why didn't Manny replace him yet? I thought his job was just temporary
No you didn't, you read he visited UF. No where does it say he's expected to flip unless it's a UF site, Lmao. If there's a team to he concerned about its LSU, and I can promise you that it has NOTHING to do with Stroud. Its all about the total package and product. Nearly all of the top guys want to see us do well, there are very few elite recruits that will commit to a ****** program, and lately we have been just that.

Chantz is here by default.......kid was chased by several SEC heavyweights so I'm not sure how we defaulted into that recruiting W but I'll take it.

Don't get me wrong regardless of his proclivities, the young man is a baller and will do well at Miami on and off the field.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Is Stroud still everyone's hero?

Last edited:

So what exactly is wrong with the article, that bashes Stroud, aside from your own interpretation?

Advertisement
No you didn't, you read he visited UF. No where does it say he's expected to flip unless it's a UF site, Lmao. If there's a team to he concerned about its LSU, and I can promise you that it has NOTHING to do with Stroud. Its all about the total package and product. Nearly all of the top guys want to see us do well, there are very few elite recruits that will commit to a ****** program, and lately we have been just that.

, but at a certain point it's a lot."

Collins added that he doesn't really talk much with UM defensive line coach Todd Stroud.

"The connection I have is with [co-defenisve coordinator Ephraim Banda] and [Manny Diaz] at Miami. Besides that I don't really talk to them much."
Screenshot_20200310-103914_Chrome.jpg

Collins added that he doesn't really talk much with UM defensive line coach Todd Stroud.

"The connection I have is with [co-defenisve coordinator Ephraim Banda] and [Manny Diaz] at Miami. Besides that I don't really talk to them much."View attachment 113269
The guy wants to go to UF and his mom is the only reason he is still committed.

That's why I brought this up.. my point was not that Stroud is doing a bad job. The point I was trying to make is we could attract better. Our D-Line job is probably the most attractive position job we have to offer. We would be able to land a Elite D-Line coach and I just think we're settling with a Todd Stroud. Right now all I'm seeing is the top South Florida 2021 D-Lineman going elsewhere

Advertisement

"The connection I have is with [co-defenisve coordinator Ephraim Banda] and [Manny Diaz] at Miami. Besides that I don't really talk to them much."View attachment 113269
Thats fair.

However, I still think this has nothing to do with Stroud. The dude has been committed for quite a while, Stroud has been doing his job and a **** of a job at that.

We need Collins, or someone like him badly, to bolster depth. At this point it's imperative that we maintain, but that OL though should be a focus ahead of that honestly. Like 1A & 1B. Followed by DB, LB

That's why I brought this up.. my point was not that Stroud is doing a bad job. The point I was trying to make is we could attract better. Our D-Line job is probably the most attractive position job we have to offer. We would be able to land a Elite D-Line coach and I just think we're settling with a Todd Stroud. Right now all I'm seeing is the top South Florida 2021 D-Lineman going elsewhere
I don't think they're going elsewhere because of Stroud. We need to win. Period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back