Todd Stroud?

Rousseau enjoyed an above average season. No one else did much. People are confounded by the hype of having Roche, Phillips, Rousseau in 2020. None of it means Stroud is particularly great or irreplaceable. If 2019 is any indication, he's probably not a great DL coach.

Advertisement
I'd take KP over Stroud in a second!

Beta Manny just wants a bunch of yes men, and can't handle an alpha like KP under him.

Stroud only landed Chantz b/c all the $EC teams backed off once they found out that he was a bit light in the loafers.

Like OP said, he was hired to be the Cheif of Staff (Ed Reed's job now that he doesn't have to report to lol), and was promoted when Simpson (who saw the writing on the wall with Mandy taking over as HC) got the **** outta dodge.

Man, I wouldn't mind KP but y'all are so annoying. Every job opening its the same names: Kevin Patrick, Lamar Thomas, Trooper, etc. The common theme in the names that usually pop up is guys that were big names between 2000-2013 and have since moved to lesser schools in their career. Frankly, if they've been coaching this long and their careers keep trending down then there's a reason for that.

Landing Chantz because of sexuality rumors is laughable. Teams recruit guys that can play. Everything else is an excuse

Scott Patchan played ahead of Greg Rousseau for half the season but Todd Stroud is now some sacred cow?

Must we be homers about everything?

Any clue on why Manny hasn't replaced him? He's not a very good recruiter and was originally supposed to be the chief of staff. I think our D-Line Coaching job could attract some real high level coaches. Should we just settle with Stroud?
What are you the coronavirus? Leave the old man alone

Advertisement
Just because OP is a douche, I'm gonna say it.

Mac Miller wasn't even good.
09b43d5aa37c74ea03052046aa05ec78.gif

Advertisement
Huge jump between being a sacred cow and should have been fired already.

In all fairness, there had been talk here about Stroud being a stopgap. There isn't overwhelming evidence that he isn't up to the task but we should expect more from the DL this year.

In all fairness, there had been talk here about Stroud being a stopgap. There isn't overwhelming evidence that he isn't up to the task but we should expect more from the DL this year.

I am actually going to agree with you ROK but only to a point... The amount of praise he is getting is unfounded. Patchan did nothing special, if anything Garvin regressed this year and still elected to go pro, Rosseau had a good season, Nesta played well (i know he was hurt but overall did not play like a top 50 recruit) Miller looked good in his limited time, Ford did nothing spectacular and Bethel was Bethel. Overall, our season was trash and he still pulled (in speaking relative to our season) a great recruiting first haul.

This year our D-line is shaping up to be our strength and has potential to be great so it is easy to give unearned praise and why ***** about a position that we actually have Miami caliber depth on paper. Calling for the guy to be fired or replaced now is absolutely nuts as he did nothing to warrant him being fired but lets pump the brakes on calling him the dude for the next few years.

He recruited one player in Chantz. I just think this job could attract some real high level coaches
He recruited Elijah Roberts and Quentin Williams and kept miller here. The kids like him. He’s actually a pretty good recruiter so idk where you’re getting he’s only recruited chantz who was recruited hard by vandyke.

Advertisement
He recruited Elijah Roberts and Quentin Williams and kept miller here. The kids like him. He’s actually a pretty good recruiter so idk where you’re getting he’s only recruited chantz who was recruited hard by vandyke.

Stop LYING Miller stayed because he had very few commitable options in the transfer portal given his limited film and under the radar recruiting profile coming out of high school.

Robert's was coming to UM regardless. An Williams well I am glad he is at UM but let's kid ourselves was he projects as a good player not elite. Stroud is past his time an it is showing.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
100% false.

Elijah Roberts said out his own mouth that Stroud was why he stayed committed to Miami. Same with Quentin Williams.

Go look up their interviews with Stefan, they both credited Stroud with being a huge factor in their commitments.

You're flat out wrong.

Completely forgot about those interview comments. Losing a little off my fastball.

You're absolutely correct. I remember taking notice at the time, because before that I was meh on his recruiting abilities.

Don't kid yourself Chantz is at Miami by default and Robert's was coming to Miami regardless of Coach Stroud.

Go Canes
Chantz is here by default.......kid was chased by several SEC heavyweights so I'm not sure how we defaulted into that recruiting W but I'll take it.

Some people have that Reese Bobby nature. They just can't stand when things are looking positive.

UM missed our shots to bring in Ron Burton or Kevin Patrick both of whom would have had UM in a much stronger position in dline recruiting. **** make a run at the SMU dline coach ( Randall Joyner) who is a Larry Johnson disciple. He has had the SMU dline playing like demons.

Go Canes

This man is young and hungry an would be perfect for UM.

Listen to this speech from the Joyner when he was GA at Ohio ST. Urban Meyer had him address the team before they played USC in 2017. Manny needs to have coach Lashlee reach out the young man through back channels an gauge interest in coming to Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back