Todd Stroud?

I’d bet if the NCAA would let him, Stroud would move these Palmetto kids into his own home until December if it meant they’d sign here.

If these guys don’t speak to him much, chances are it’s because they don’t want to, not because he’s not reaching out.

Advertisement
People judge him because garvin under achieved. They turn a blind eye to the improvement the other kids made

Collectively the unit performed pretty well in terms of sacks and rushing yards allowed.
But there were high expectations for Garvin, Hill, Ford, Silvera that weren't quite met.
To be fair, Silvera and Ford were coming off injuries.
Patchan, Bethel, Nnoruka stole too many snaps from Rousseau, Miller imo.
Harvey never played after flashing in the spring.
Blissett, Holley, Hunte have been hyped up by Stroud big-time.
Need to see more before deciding either way on Stroud.
I'm inclined to think that we could do better.

Collectively the unit performed pretty well in terms of sacks and rushing yards allowed.
But there were high expectations for Garvin, Hill, Ford, Silvera that weren't quite met.
To be fair, Silvera and Ford were coming off injuries.
Patchan, Bethel, Nnoruka stole too many snaps from Rousseau, Miller imo.
Harvey never played after flashing in the spring.
Blissett, Holley, Hunte have been hyped up by Stroud big-time.
Need to see more before deciding either way on Stroud.
I'm inclined to think that we could do better.
At the end of the day. You never know who is pulling the strings on who plays. Is it Stroud or is Baker or Diaz that says who plays.

Look around the entire team and you see guys that were playing ahead of others that shouldn't have been. So that leads me to believe that it's more on Diaz or his OC/DC, but were not privileged enough to know that.

Just like were not following Shroud around 24/7 to know if he isn't talking to recruits like he should or is. He can't comment on the subject so any recruit can say what they want.

Is Roche dominance in the AAC conference all fluff? And at 6”1 230lbs and then going through camp dropping probably another 5lbs will he be able to hold up in a more competitive ACC conference? His stats might be fools gold.

Advertisement
At the end of the day. You never know who is pulling the strings on who plays. Is it Stroud or is Baker or Diaz that says who plays.

Look around the entire team and you see guys that were playing ahead of others that shouldn't have been. So that leads me to believe that it's more on Diaz or his OC/DC, but were not privileged enough to know that.

Just like were not following Shroud around 24/7 to know if he isn't talking to recruits like he should or is. He can't comment on the subject so any recruit can say what they want.

Yeah I mean there's really no big indictment of Stroud unless we're being nitpicky, nor is there a great reason to prop him up ahead of Patke, Banda, Rumph, Baker aside from being more experienced. As a staff they produced a defense in 2019 that many were critical of, and absolving Stroud from that criticism while heaping it on anyone else doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And even though we're replacing quite a few pieces, 2020 should feel like a make-or-break year for that side of the ball, and it falls primarily on Manny. He's the defensive whiz. If he can't have his side of the ball performing at a high level with what should be an improved offense, then it may be time to re-evaluate his decision to surround himself with all his former GAs.

Advertisement
Any clue on why Manny hasn't replaced him? He's not a very good recruiter and was originally supposed to be the chief of staff. I think our D-Line Coaching job could attract some real high level coaches. Should we just settle with Stroud?

Think we could get Ed Orgeron back?

There‘s some dumbass people on this forum.
How is this dumb? I simply brought up the thought of replacing Stroud who was supposed to be a one year temporary D-Line coach. Our D-Line job would attract high level coaches. I definitely don't think it's dumb to bring up the idea of not just settling for Stroud.

Is Roche dominance in the AAC conference all fluff? And at 6”1 230lbs and then going through camp dropping probably another 5lbs will he be able to hold up in a more competitive ACC conference? His stats might be fools gold.

He's listed as 6'4. Which means he's probably 6'3 and 235.

If he can get around 245 without losing explosiveness then he'll be ready to hold that line.

Advertisement
I’d bet if the NCAA would let him, Stroud would move these Palmetto kids into his own home until December if it meant they’d sign here.

If these guys don’t speak to him much, chances are it’s because they don’t want to, not because he’s not reaching out.

But when Rumph can't close on kids for the same reason($) people fire him on the spot.

I understand that... But there not coming here just to play for Stroud. I think we could get a D-Line coach who could do that
Easier said than done. Coaches have always come to UM ta make a name for themselves.
I mean Richt was probably the biggest name we hired since when?
And I can't remember the last time we hired the hottest coordinator out there.

Advertisement
He's listed as 6'4. Which means he's probably 6'3 and 235.

If he can get around 245 without losing explosiveness then he'll be ready to hold that line.
Ok I saw he was 6”1 230lbs some where. But you know how the Miami heat and humidity be you can drop that weight quick.

Advertisement
Back