Todays practice 31st

Advertisement
The most exciting thing is that Deejay is the leader when last year’s starter was a warrior who also got two TC for on special teams. It seems that the Edge room Jo’s busting at the seems for the first time in a long while. It might take 9 in the box to stop our run and make us have to pass. Also loving the D hitting hard and RB is fighting back. I was blessed to see a couple of the Blades’ brotherly fights back in the day. Good sign that menfolk might be on the field this year.

I think at this point we just need to rally behind Malik. He needs to spend the summer working on his accuracy. He’s a great leader, makes great runs, and is good with RPO.

Advertisement
Dee, will Choc make an impact as a FB? I may be the last man on the TG fan bus, but I am still pulling for him. ... Not happy to hear about the safeties. I mean, we've got 2 returning starters and A Carter, with Smith in nickle situations. How is that not good enough? ... Any talk about moving Frierson over to S given Ivey is playing well at CB and Hall is out until summer? I think he'd be even better there than CB.
Gil knows his future is at fs but i dont think that happens this year. Al is that cog that remains to be seen in my eyes. My thing is any rotation with redwine & knowles(technically) in the two deep simply means there is 2 big holes to fill... i know im hard on redwine. He was learning a new position & until the acccg the last few he was night and day better. But i just cant get over the angles he takes and having a safety who seems to be afraid of initiating contact. We have head hunters in the stable. Its just a matter of how long will it take to get them game ready.

Gil knows his future is at fs but i dont think that happens this year. Al is that cog that remains to be seen in my eyes. My thing is any rotation with redwine & knowles(technically) in the two deep simply means there is 2 big holes to fill... i know im hard on redwine. He was learning a new position & until the acccg the last few he was night and day better. But i just cant get over the angles he takes and having a safety who seems to be afraid of initiating contact. We have head hunters in the stable. Its just a matter of how long will it take to get them game ready.
agreed. redwine just doesn't have the natural instincts to play free safety imo. and he's not a thumper either.

Advertisement
Lexcane might be the worst poster I've seen

Why? Because i try to think outside the box. Stop toeing the company line and parroting other people. Go and take a look at how explosive Deejay could be as a read option QB. THe whole point of an offense is to move the ball and score points - there is no rule that says we need to do it the same way we've always done it before. Same with the defense. We have holes at DL, so let's try and fix that by maximizing the position we are deepest at while simultaneously beefing up our DT and DE rotation while covering our backs with the 5 DB scheme.

God gawd the idiocy in this thread is just stupefying!

Now, after 3-4 practices in pads, N’Kosi is lazy and lackadaisical and basically has no shot. Based on super reliable observations.

Let’s see, what else?

Oh yeah, Weldon needs to transfer tomorrow because he has less than a zero point zero shot.

Our starting QB should be DJ Dallas in a read option offense. This one drips with football brilliance.

The imbecility runs strong in this thread.

Why? Because i try to think outside the box. Stop toeing the company line and parroting other people. Go and take a look at how explosive Deejay could be as a read option QB. THe whole point of an offense is to move the ball and score points - there is no rule that says we need to do it the same way we've always done it before. Same with the defense. We have holes at DL, so let's try and fix that by maximizing the position we are deepest at while simultaneously beefing up our DT and DE rotation while covering our backs with the 5 DB scheme.
Your ****ting me right ? There's a difference between thinking outside the box and just being an artard. You're suggesting that Robert burns and cam Davis will take over deejay Dallas's reps on offense and he will just slide in to the qb? But you're only qualm about it is you're worried he can't throw 50-70 yards ? I just want to make sure that's right.... I mean it's not outlandish running the same wildcat package and having him throw instead of running it everytime .. Trust me another year of Rosier will make me drink bleach but It's stupid to think Dallas would be better lmao

Your ****ting me right ? There's a difference between thinking outside the box and just being an artard. You're suggesting that Robert burns and cam Davis will take over deejay Dallas's reps on offense and he will just slide in to the qb? But you're only qualm about it is you're worried he can't throw 50-70 yards ? I just want to make sure that's right.... I mean it's not outlandish running the same wildcat package and having him throw instead of running it everytime .. Trust me another year of Rosier will make me drink bleach but It's stupid to think Dallas would be better lmao

Why bother?

It’s like trying to explain calculus equations to a hamster.

He just won’t get it. Some people think it’s like Xbox.

Advertisement
I just mean until one of them seperates from the other. Not like spurrier used to do with the regular rotation. Just being clear thats all. For what its worth i dont like it either. I just think well want the jits to get some burn before we flat out throw them to the wolves. Thats why i was so steadfast on using last season to do that.

Man, I don’t want to see a rotation against LSU.

They may suck balls on offense but I expect them to have a legit defense.

I just think we need to develop an identity from the jump on offense.

There really haven’t been enough snaps yet to determine anything and I think by midsummer someone will start to separate out from the pack. Just a gut feeeling I have.

@Brooklyndee

Great report and very much appreciated! I'm actually not the least bit surprised about Malik hanging in there. He's not going to just roll over and let one of these freshmen take his job. If one of these freshmen want the job they are going to have to pry it from him.

Also not one bit surprised by your opinion on JW. I can also see it in him. Williams just seems to be in control when playing. Also seems mature beyond his years.

DeeJay is a Cane through and through. Kid is a throwback and could have thrived on any of our championship teams. I cannot wait to see him play this year.

If Burns is healthy and can stay healthy then this backfield becomes the best in the country and has the potential to be the best in program history. Sick!!

I fully expect the offensive line to make a significant leap this year. Gentlemen, if we can get good consistent QB play this seaso n, this offense will be a ******* nightmare for opposing teams to go up against.

Advertisement
Based on Brooklyns comments on Kosi and Jarren BEFORE practice started it seemed he made up his mind that he wanted his nephews (Hightower) roomate Jarren William to win the job for obvious reasons.

I'm just pointing this out before it turns into 20 pages of nonsense. Like when he badmouthed Jon Richt Jr because Tai didn't get an offer. Or when he alluded to their being a recruiting mutiny if Sitkowski wasn't shown the door.

Not sure why this is downvoted so much.

No ******** at all....but I sincerely didn’t understand the praise he gave Jarren before practice even began.

Not saying there was an agenda....just saying the overt “football”, before spring practice, praise didn’t feel logical....which for me felt like there was bias....whether it was intentional or not.

Just my $.02

Man, I don’t want to see a rotation against LSU.

They may suck balls on offense but I expect them to have a legit defense.

I just think we need to develop an identity from the jump on offense.

There really haven’t been enough snaps yet to determine anything and I think by midsummer someone will start to separate out from the pack. Just a gut feeeling I have.
As I've stated,i feel the same. No legit case can be made for any of them with anything definite off of simply a few practices. But to assume that each and every snap doesn't help towards building a case for each of them as well is just as foolish. I'm simply starting what physically was happening on the field cause most of yall couldn't observe for obvious reasons. I'm sorry for the people who disagree. If yall would prefer i can simply lie than scream boogity boogity boo and drop the mic. Oh and alson, NO ONE should want a platoon... Before i say my thought ill say i agree on ur assesment of lsu. Think their offense will be very rudementary. Knowing ed theyll try to pound the rock. But im very confident them & fspew will be by far the best defenses (possibly not the best coached) we face all year. With that in mind, are you really prepared to be locked in with malik rosier and his one read capabilities against a team that will **** skippy be locked in to bump the entire game,a dominant front four & heavy blitz packages... all I'll say about that is if we don't go to the game I'm gonna pick up a few extra tvs cause i can gaurentee a few books or glasses will be flying through the screen. I'm sorry but him against that defense will be blood loss at best...

So
Not sure why this is downvoted so much.

No ******** at all....but I sincerely didn’t understand the praise he gave Jarren before practice even began.

Not saying there was an agenda....just saying the overt “football”, before spring practice, praise didn’t feel logical....which for me felt like there was bias....whether it was intentional or not.

Just my $.02
Then why dont your 2 cents include all the comments I've made previously about nkosi? If you only know a small piece of a full story it doesn't make sense to simply jump on board for the **** of it. Anyone thats been here for awhile knows ive been critical & encouraged by both nkosi & jarren. Jarren in particular ive been very critical of & for good reason. You dont complain about that nor that groupie who made the comment you're speaking towards. Me i dont care about anyone elses views because im my own man. I have my own opinions. right or wrong it's MY opinion. Simply an opinion just like yours. See how simple that is. Oh & im not sure if you've ever played football or not but as anyone whose ever played or been around quarterbacks would be able to tell you most quarterbacks that are worth speaking about what seperates one from the other is in large part all of the field. It's a mentality, it's an approach, it's leadership qualities, it's work ethic. Thats all i was really REALLY impressed with by jarren. Don't care if anyone feels thats an agenda. Not to bright to see it that way but on here I'm not surprised in the least any longer. Now what happens on the field will tell the rest of the story. See how simple that is.

@helmsleysalmon any particular reason you got that name. Just curious as one of my brothers is the first part of ur name. Can't see Johnny bothering with on here though

Advertisement
Back